Kofta Curry

Charleybarley

Gold Member
hi all,

I am pretty sure I have seen a recipe for Kofta Curry either in here, in my SW mags or online, can anyone point me in the direction please? I want to make it in my slow cooker for tomorrow night's tea. Thanks ever so.

Oops, I think I meant keema curry, the one with minced beef, not meatballs ! Thanks

found this one by doing minimims search -hope its the one you need
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyUK
Recipe please? :drool:

· 450g lean minced lamb or beef
· 1 large onion, finely chopped
· 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
· 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
· 1 fresh green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
· 2 tbsp curry paste
· 2 tbsp tomato purée
· 350ml lamb or vegetable stock
· 1 tbsp lemon juice
· 3 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
· salt and freshly ground black pepper
preparation method

1. Brown the minced lamb in a large non-stick frying pan, without adding any oil. Fry over a medium heat for 5–6 minutes until well-browned, stirring frequently to break up larger pieces. Remove from the pan using a draining spoon and set aside.
2. Heat the frylight in the pan, then, when hot, add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and curry paste and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring all the time. Return the meat to the pan, add the tomato purée and stir until well mixed.
3. Pour in the stock, stir again, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 45 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the meat is very tender and the sauce is thick.
4. Add the lemon juice and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in 2 tbsp of the coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot with the remaining coriander scattered over the top.

Back