Kookys Fiendishly Fat to Pleasantly Plump weight loss diary

Kooky

Well hello all,

As i'm sure you are all reading this and it's not just the inane lonely ramblings of a mad, fat woman ;)

I'm K, i'm 25 and i live in Hampshire and have recently decided for probably the millionth time that i need to loose some chub. Ok, ok it's more than chub, it's lots and lots of extra pounds of fat that i don't like, i most certainly don't need and am bloody fed up of carrying around!

So last week me and a good friend went along to our local Slimming World group, having only tried Weight Watchers in the past i wasn't really sure what to expect but it was great. The group leader was lovely and the EE plan which is what i'm following at the moment seemed to good to be true. Unlimited pasta!!! Errrr SOLD!

So anyway, that was last Tuesday and actually this week has been OK. Usually i struggle to get past day 2 as i have absolutely no will power. However i seem to be shuffling along quite nicely at the moment using EE. Woooo and indeed hooooooo.

I am determined NOT to have another fat summer. Avoiding going out with friends because i have nothing to wear. Being unbearably hot because i'm carrying around all these extra pounds and worrying constantly about who is looking at me or might point and laugh at the fat bird. I'm not doing it anymore, life is too bloody short and i need to just get on and do it. I've wasted too many years not living my life properly because i can't stop throwing things in my gob.

Anywhoooo, for those of you that i haven't bored to tears or induced a deep sleep, thanks for reading. I'm always on here reading the forums and thought 'sod it' why not do a diary to help me stay on track. So here i am :D

Weigh in on Tuesday after my first week! EEEEEEKKKK!

Hey K, welcome!!! You sound just like me, I really have to shift the fat now (gave up smoking and put on over 2st!!!!) I dif WW before and lost just over 5st, I now want to loose about 4st. I'm doing SW, and this is my first week too.

How have you been getting on with snacks? I'm struggling with that, when I'm hungry I don't know what to eat, especially when I'm at work. I'm scared I'll stray

Sam xxx

Hi, and welcome! It sounds like your in just the right headspace for this now - I think that's the key. I, like you, have said it time and time again - I need to lose weight - but just barely got a couple of days before giving in. I've been doing SW 3 months now and am so suprised I've stuck to it, as is most of my family. This is just our time. You can do it! Good luck with the rest of your first week, and for WI on Tuesday, let us know how you get on!

Hello love your first post :) I can relate to what you say about nothing to wear in the summer.... I plan to spend this summer floating round in pretty elegant summer maxi dresses and best tops and shorts :) xxxx

Hi Sam :)

Wow 5 stone, that's amazing! How are you finding SW compared to WW?

Snack wise i've not been that sure either LOL. I never used to really eat fruit so I've been taking pineapple/cherries to work to snack on. Alpen lite bars - you can have 2 as your healthy extra option B i think. I'm a bit (well actually a lot) addicted to houmous, so have been taking a few tablespoons of that with carrot sticks to munch on.

I'm sure once we properly get our heads around the plan, snack options will come easier :)

Hello love your first post :) I can relate to what you say about nothing to wear in the summer.... I plan to spend this summer floating round in pretty elegant summer maxi dresses and best tops and shorts :) xxxx

Ohhhh how i'd kill to float around in a pretty dress and not look like a sweaty mess hahahaha

Hi, and welcome! It sounds like your in just the right headspace for this now - I think that's the key. I, like you, have said it time and time again - I need to lose weight - but just barely got a couple of days before giving in. I've been doing SW 3 months now and am so suprised I've stuck to it, as is most of my family. This is just our time. You can do it! Good luck with the rest of your first week, and for WI on Tuesday, let us know how you get on!

Awwww thank you so much. Ooooo you made me a bit teary eyed then!! lol This IS our time :)

Hi
Love your diary, and your honesty

Good luck with the SW journey, it really is so easy, I love it

Just thin this summer you can enjoy wearing new slinky things, and be cool!

Enjoy the SW journey

Bron

This is all of our times and we've all got each other for support, instead of people being on the patronising side. I love hummus too, ooooo could eat it all the time. I made a pasta salad yesterday and used a dollop of hummus as the dressing, was yuuuuummmmy!!! When I'm home I find it easier, I'm finding it hard at work, I'm constantly moving and can't figure out what to take to work :-s

I like SW cause it's unlimited food (within reason) but then on WW I like how you can have cereals and bread if you want and it not be too high in points. I miss crisps too, there high in syn's on SW but low in points on WW xxx

I've just noticed you're in Portsmouth! I am too!! :)

Oh gosh! crisps! my ultimate down fall. They are my all tie favorite thing, but actually i'm not missing the yet.

I find it easier at home as at work i do 14 hour shifts with an hour break so i've not worked it out yet. Thinking i can split my break and have half an hour at lunch and then half an hour in the evening. We shall see :)

Hi
Love your diary, and your honesty

Good luck with the SW journey, it really is so easy, I love it

Just thin this summer you can enjoy wearing new slinky things, and be cool!

Enjoy the SW journey

Bron

Thanks Bron, appreciate your kind words :)

I wrote a big reply to this then lost signal on my phone :-(

I'm jumping along for the ride if u don't mind?! Looking forward to a skinny summer and clothes shopping :) xxx

Aww don't you hate that. I pressed send on my phone before I'd finished before then it sent it 3 times lol. Skinny summer here we come xxx

I wrote a big reply to this then lost signal on my phone :-(

I'm jumping along for the ride if u don't mind?! Looking forward to a skinny summer and clothes shopping :) xxx

Absolutely! Jump on in. We can all float around together in pretty summer clothes :D

Hahahaha very small world!!! I don't work in Portsmouth though, qualified in September and there were no jobs so had to go elsewhere :)

Aww well we can support each other through the battle of the skinny ***** lol. Fancy being diet buddy's? xxx

Back