Lacking motivation all of a sudden :(

10st10lbs

Gold Member
Hey guys...

Bit of a late night boredom post from me. Having a tough-ish week, not feeling very motivated to get my ass in gear, although I have stayed within syns every day and mixed up my days as I usually do.

I really want to start running/jogging/walking loads again, but finding it really difficult to do, what with all the other things I spend my time doing... Long story short, I don't have much time to myself, and when I do, it's only because the TV (connected to the Wii which is where I'd usually do my running) is occupying the others in the house!

I would love a loss of 2lbs+ this week, even 1lb would get me my club 10 and my 1 stone sticker and that would be enough to put a smile on my face, but I'm looking for a huge grin! I'm sick of feeling so demotivated when I know SW is a brilliant plan and is the only way forward for me. I weigh in on Thursday morning, so that gives me one day to do whatever I can to ensure my loss this week gives me the boost I need to continue working hard, or I'm scared I will fall.

Also, quite worried as I will be fasting from approx 10th Aug onwards, so that's 18 hours of no food or drink... which will be very difficult, but I think I will be able to stay on plan in the hours that I can eat. However, it will mean I won't be able to exercise - not through laziness, it's just really really really difficult to do!

Help me guys :( I want to feel positive and I'm feeling the total opposite right now! I think this is the first time I've ever used this emoticon, but :cry:

:(

Ali

xxx

Hi Ali

First of all - huge hug.

Secondly - while the telly is being used, is it possible for you to stick on some music on your phone etc and go for a walk. You do deserve some you time.

Thirdly - how about posting a thread specifically about fasting and SW. You may find there are other people on here who will be doing the same thing and you can support each other.

I think you've done bl***y marvellously sticking to plan while feeling low. Give yourself a HUGE pat on the back for that (and award yourself a big grin) as not many people could do that xx

xxx

So the main reasons you feel demotivated are the lack of excercise you feel you can do & fasting.

Excercise can be incorporated into your daily life. Have you tried parking the car some way from where you want to go; getting off the bus a few stops earlier; walking up & down the stairs a few times; use the stairs as a stepper; if you have an mp3 player put this on & go walking if just for 15mins at a time it's something.

Suepat10's idea about posting a separate thread about fasting is brill, I'd definately do it.

WELL DONE! on staying within your syns when you really don't feel like it! How many of us can say we do?
I'd post a thread about fasting. You can't be the only person on the board who will be doing this. Or why not contact SW and ask if they have any advice, then come back and let us know what they said. It would be really interesting to find out.

Hi Ali

First of all - huge hug.

Secondly - while the telly is being used, is it possible for you to stick on some music on your phone etc and go for a walk. You do deserve some you time.

Thirdly - how about posting a thread specifically about fasting and SW. You may find there are other people on here who will be doing the same thing and you can support each other.

I think you've done bl***y marvellously sticking to plan while feeling low. Give yourself a HUGE pat on the back for that (and award yourself a big grin) as not many people could do that xx

xxx

Thanks hun, I'll take you up on that hug :)

It's not really possible for me to leave the house as much as I'd like due to family health problems. Without going into too much personal stuff, one of us has to be home with my dad at all times and it's usually me. Also, my brother needs an eye kept on him 24/7 and isn't that great with going out (kicks up a fuss very quickly, lies on the floor in shops and doesn't know what to do etc) so I usually end up looking after him too. If the weather was any good, I'd take him out to the park while my mum was at home with my dad, but it's just horrible around here at the moment and he doesn't do much at the park other than hang around waiting for the swing to be free.

I'll take your advice on posting regarding fasting :) Thanks hun, I really hope I find someone who I can get through a month of fasting with.

I patted my back and grinned, lol, but I think it was a freaky grin as my teeth are probably red - munching on strawberries!

xxx

So the main reasons you feel demotivated are the lack of excercise you feel you can do & fasting.

Excercise can be incorporated into your daily life. Have you tried parking the car some way from where you want to go; getting off the bus a few stops earlier; walking up & down the stairs a few times; use the stairs as a stepper; if you have an mp3 player put this on & go walking if just for 15mins at a time it's something.

Suepat10's idea about posting a separate thread about fasting is brill, I'd definately do it.

Hey Michelle... Thanks for your reply :)

As said in the response above, I can't really leave the house much due to various reasons. When I do, I take the longest route possible to places so I can get a generous amount of exercise done. Today, I will definitely be walking more than 2km as I have to head out to the post office soon. Tomorrow, I will definitely be walking either to or from (or hopefully both) WI, so that's potentially another 6-7km. But after this, I have nothing to leave the house for until WI next week. I do plenty of running up and down the stairs as my bedroom is the loft conversion, but it's just not enough. Now the boys are off school, the Wii has been pushed to one side and the PlayStation has been plugged in!

I will definitely start a new thread about SW while fasting, thanks for the heads up :) xxx

EDIT: I couldn't leave the house today as mum had to make a trip out, so no body magic today. However, there is still time, and anything is possible. I might just do 20 laps of the house from top to bottom to get my heart pumping!

Last edited:
WELL DONE! on staying within your syns when you really don't feel like it! How many of us can say we do?
I'd post a thread about fasting. You can't be the only person on the board who will be doing this. Or why not contact SW and ask if they have any advice, then come back and let us know what they said. It would be really interesting to find out.

Thanks Judi :) I guess I am proud of myself for staying within syns. I just can't face another week of STS or gain, I really want my one stone sticker and my club 10 which I will get tomorrow if lose 2lbs!

I have a feeling SW wouldn't have anything interesting to say on the matter, but it is worth a try :) I'll also have a word with my C about it tomorrow, see what she says.

xxx

I will also be fasting for most of the month, although I have a holiday planned in 2 weeks time, so will try my best to keep on it while away. Please let me know where the new thread is, so I can join in.

(((((hugs))))) from me too - bless you hun, for sticking at it through some tricky and conflicting demands on your time. Sounds to me you are doing mighty fine, and you should be proud of yourself for doing so well - here's to 1 stone and Club 10 coming your way!

I hope this evening feels better for you, and that once you WI tomorrow a good result will pop that lovely smile back on your face! Like this :)!

Take care, xx

I will also be fasting for most of the month, although I have a holiday planned in 2 weeks time, so will try my best to keep on it while away. Please let me know where the new thread is, so I can join in.

Jazakallah for your message hun, will reply soon. Haven't yet made a thread - had to dash off earlier to do something or other but will be starting one soon hopefully. I'll definitely send you the link :) xxx

I go along with everything these wise ladies have said to you.

You certainly don't have an easy time of it , but you carry on regardless. That is one big load to carry.

Do you have a spare little telly you could use. Forgive me if this is not the way it works because I am totally ignorant about wii, I have never seen one. I only ask because since flat screens came in the charity shops here have lots of tube t.v.'s for sale from 5€ upwards. That could be the answer for you.

You deserve to have lost weight this week. You have stayed within the boundaries of SW even though you felt so bad. Great stuff.

hugs xxxxxxxxx

(((((hugs))))) from me too - bless you hun, for sticking at it through some tricky and conflicting demands on your time. Sounds to me you are doing mighty fine, and you should be proud of yourself for doing so well - here's to 1 stone and Club 10 coming your way!

I hope this evening feels better for you, and that once you WI tomorrow a good result will pop that lovely smile back on your face! Like this :)!

Take care, xx

Thank you Cupcake! Evening was feeling a bit better until I got into an argument - nothing new, it's once in a blue moon that we have a shouting-less day in our house, but it's just getting me down a bit. Hoping to resolve the problem soon by pulling out some old clothes and adjusting them on the sewing machine to make them fit now!

I will let you guys know how I get on at WI, really hope I do well! Gonna scoff a couple of Scan Bran with lots of water before bed, hopefully nudge me along before WI :eek: I seem to go like four times a day every day apart from Wednesdays and Thursdays - it's like my body is evil, working against me!

You take care too hun, thanks for putting a smile on my face!

Ali xxx

I go along with everything these wise ladies have said to you.

You certainly don't have an easy time of it , but you carry on regardless. That is one big load to carry.

Do you have a spare little telly you could use. Forgive me if this is not the way it works because I am totally ignorant about wii, I have never seen one. I only ask because since flat screens came in the charity shops here have lots of tube t.v.'s for sale from 5€ upwards. That could be the answer for you.

You deserve to have lost weight this week. You have stayed within the boundaries of SW even though you felt so bad. Great stuff.

hugs xxxxxxxxx

Thank you fillymum, I really appreciate your response!

I have a telly in my room but the problem is that it's stuck up on the wall, about 2m up... So there's no way I could connect the Wii to it, there's nowhere to put it! It's awkwardly positioned, even doing my abs workout DVD on it would work my neck and shoulders (and make them burn beyond belief!) cause I had to look up the whole time! But thank you for the suggestion, I might look into finding an extension or something for the Wii so I can use it upstairs :)

I just hope the gods of slimming feel the same way about me deserving to lose this week! It's been 1lb on, 1lb off, and an STS for the past few weigh ins. People keep saying 'just stick at it, it's bound to show next week!' but how many next weeks can I get through without feeling obsolete?!

Lots of love to Spain from England,

xxx

Well done on the loss Hun. I've only just read this thread...wow you really do have a lot to contend with dont you??
Does your family get respite help of any kind? From what you have described on here it sounds as if you need a break from the every day things that you have happening. Its a huge responsibility for you to have to deal with - there must be something that is available to you and your Mum?

Take care.

xxx

Well done on the loss Hun. I've only just read this thread...wow you really do have a lot to contend with dont you??
Does your family get respite help of any kind? From what you have described on here it sounds as if you need a break from the every day things that you have happening. Its a huge responsibility for you to have to deal with - there must be something that is available to you and your Mum?

Take care.

xxx

Thank you MrsV :)

It's all become part of a normal routine now, it's just another day. My dad only got ill recently, he's still 100% capable of looking after himself but he's fainted a few times without cause so my mum is adamant that he's never left alone.

Help is offered but it would be more of a problem for someone else to take my brother out for a day than it would be for him to stay at home. There are a lot of things he doesn't like doing ie cinema - too loud, too dark. He is an absolute angel for my older sisters and hangs on their every words. One is married with a daughter who he adores and is very protective of, and the other works 9-5 so doesn't get to see his behaviour all day, then has a go at us when we lose our tempers with him.

Maybe I'm just being a whinge-bag because I'm a 19 year old girl who doesn't do 19 year old girl things.

Back