Lady A's Masala Lamb

Lady A

Loves to Shop!
Lady A's Masala Lamb

Free on Red & EE

Frylight
1lb Lean lamb steaks cut into 1 inch pieces (my dad bought milk lamb as it is really tender)
2 medium onions finely sliced (semi circles)
1 tbsp each garlic & ginger puree
50ml passata
250g FF natural yogurt
250ml water
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
1 tsp freshly chopped green chillies
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp whole cumin seeds
1tsp dried corriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Handfull of freshly chopped corriander leaves

Method

Fry Onions in Frylight until they start to brown then add the garlic & ginger puree. Add the lamb and stir fry untill it begins to brown. Add the salt, dried spices and stir fry until the lamb is coated in the spices. Add the yogurt, passata, water & fresh corriander leaves, bring to the boil and then cover the pan with a lid and leave to simmer on a low heat for 40-45 minutes stiring occaisionally until the lamb is tender and you are left with a rich sauce.

Please adjust the chilli/seasoning according to your taste as I cook alfresco so this recipe is a rough guide. I hope you find it as yummy as I did. xx

it sounds lovely but I find yoghurt curdles if I bring it to the boil. Think I'll try it in the slow cooker . Thanks

Lady A said:
Lady A's Masala Lamb

Free on Red & EE

Frylight
1lb Lean lamb steaks cut into 1 inch pieces (my dad bought milk lamb as it is really tender)
50ml passata
250g FF natural yogurt
250ml water
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
1 tsp whole cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder

Method

Fry Onions in Frylight until they start to brown then add the garlic & ginger puree. Add the lamb and stir fry untill it begins to brown. Add the salt, dried spices and stir fry until the lamb is coated in the spices. Add the yogurt, passata, water & fresh corriander leaves, bring to the boil and then cover the pan with a lid and leave to simmer on a low heat for 40-45 minutes stiring occaisionally until the lamb is tender and you are left with a rich sauce.

Please adjust the chilli/seasoning according to your taste as I cook alfresco so this recipe is a rough guide. I hope you find it as yummy as I did. xx

Sounds absolutely delicious - I will bookmark this for next week!!
Did the yogurt curdle Hun?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya Louise and Kwise....It was well yum and my yogurt didn't curdle as I always whisk it and then stir it in at a medium heat and then bring it to a boil after it's mixed in. I have read people complaining of it curdling but mine seems to be ok. I use Sainsbury's be good to yourself natural yogurt if that helps. xx

Lady A said:
Hiya Louise and Kwise....It was well yum and my yogurt didn't curdle as I always whisk it and then stir it in at a medium heat and then bring it to a boil after it's mixed in. I have read people complaining of it curdling but mine seems to be ok. I use Sainsbury's be good to yourself natural yogurt if that helps. xx

Cheers Lady A - I will certainly be trying it your way- if not I know yog can be added after curdle free

Kx

Lady A said:
Lady A's Masala Lamb

Free on Red & EE

Frylight
50ml passata
250g FF natural yogurt
250ml water
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
1 tsp whole cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder

Method

Hi Lady A

Have got all ingredients except Tesco didn't have garlic Puree & I have red chillis - do you think red chillis will be ok & actual garlic instead of the Puree??

I am making this next week.

Kx

Hi Lady A

Have got all ingredients except Tesco didn't have garlic Puree & I have red chillis - do you think red chillis will be ok & actual garlic instead of the Puree??

I am making this next week.

Kx

Should be fine Kwise as I find that fresh ingredients always make a recipe taste better. The reason why I used green chillies is that red chilli powder makes me ill so that's the only reason. Just make sure you add it according to your taste. I'm making this for dinner tonight and I'll be making some more in the morning to take to my nan's house tomorrow. Hope you enjoy it. xx

Lady A said:
Should be fine Kwise as I find that fresh ingredients always make a recipe taste better. The reason why I used green chillies is that red chilli powder makes me ill so that's the only reason. Just make sure you add it according to your taste. I'm making this for dinner tonight and I'll be making some more in the morning to take to my nan's house tomorrow. Hope you enjoy it. xx

So real ginger would also be better??
I always use fresh ginger and garlic - never used the purees before

Thankyou

Kx

Yes you can use fresh ginger too. I only used the purees as I was out of fresh and needed to cook asap. I'm using fresh tonight and tomorrow.

Lady A said:
Yes you can use fresh ginger too. I only used the purees as I was out of fresh and needed to cook asap. I'm using fresh tonight and tomorrow.

How much ginger and how much garlic do you use when you use fresh??

Kx

How much ginger and how much garlic do you use when you use fresh??

Kx

I used the same amounts as the puree and it tasted as lovely as the first time I made it. I whizzed some fresh garlic and ginger in the mini chopper and froze little portions of the rest to use in other dishes.

Sounds yummy! Just a word of warning tho, if you are using garlic purée be careful as most of them are garlic in oil( which makes the purée) it's cheaper and easier to use fresh garlic :)

Thankyou - it was delicious!!

Kx

Back