Lady Jo's CC journey 6st to lose...

Hello all

Well I enjoyed myself wayyyyyy too much!!! Too much food and booze!!!

Not weighing on Wednesday gonna damage control and weigh next week.

Today's been difficult!! Weekend was so busy I had zero energy today and waking up this morning to no milk and mouldy bread there was no breakfast so didn't eat till lunchtime and even then there was no food so I had a bowl of porridge!

Had to literally drag my ass to the gym and I pushed myself so I was pleased with that but I've been a bit crap this evening. I try so hard not to eat after tea but when I counted up i would only have had 963 cals! And I'd burnt 563 at the gym so I had a few m&ms, a cup a soup and 2 ryvitas then a little Lindt bunny!!

Happy to be bak to normal tomorrow with some actual food in the house!!

Hope you all had fun this weekend!!

Hiya LadyJo, I have just been reading SOME of your diary, I am on the tesco healthy options diet, we signed up for 6 weekand now we are on our last week, I was a SlimmingWorld member and I lost 2st 7lb but I got a bit fed up because my weight loss had slowed down and I knew I was eating to much syn free stuff. So in the 5 weeks I have lost 8 and half pound and for me that's good. It's good to chat about how we are doing, I decided to retire early and now I have more time to go to the gym and cycle. Where are you from.

Hiya LadyJo, I have just been reading SOME of your diary, I am on the tesco healthy options diet, we signed up for 6 weekand now we are on our last week, I was a SlimmingWorld member and I lost 2st 7lb but I got a bit fed up because my weight loss had slowed down and I knew I was eating to much syn free stuff. So in the 5 weeks I have lost 8 and half pound and for me that's good. It's good to chat about how we are doing, I decided to retire early and now I have more time to go to the gym and cycle. Where are you from.

Hello landlady!
I owe my weigh loss to tesco diets really cos on trying that I realised calorie counting is for me! I did the healthy options one and I was using the meal planners but after getting a bit bored of the same meals lol I decided to go it alone and it's been nothing but successful! I think 6weeks is probably enough to get your head round it to go it alone.
I personally don't agree with slimming world. I've done it before years ago for very few weeks and I just don't agree, how is telling people they can have as much red/green food on certain days healthy?? It doesn't teach you anything about portion control which I think is a major issue.
Well done on the 8lb! How much do u want to lose? For me, I'd like to lose 6 stone in total which is obviously going to be a long process but I'd rather do it happy, healthy, slow and steady and keep it off for good!!
I'd definately recommend doing some physical activity. Start off slow and it will improve. Some things I can do now would have killed me week 1 but its all about progress!

Good luck with it all and keep in touch! X

Good evening all!

Well another difficult day for me, just energy wise. Can't believe one weekend off can do this to your body! I haven't been as picky today so food is definately getting better, and I've been to the gym today I'm just not pumped up this week! Think its cos I know I will have gained weight this week cos of the weekend. Maybe I should weigh in tomorrow so I can sweep it under the carpet as I was going to skip this week weigh in and get back in control cos I think seeing a gain will upset me!! Will see how I feel in the morning!

Food today much better than yesterday!!

B- weetabix, milk and flaxseed sprinkled on top with a banana
L- toast topped with ravioli then a choc yogurt and a nectarine
D- fish pie and cabbage

Total 1536
Gym 460

Tomorrow I'm going to do my food shop can't wait to get a few more bits in the house and hopefully excite me a bit!!

Hello all!

Well put on a pound on weigh in on Wednesday. Could have been much worse!! So I was quite happy with that. I've buckled down since Wednesday to get this pound and more off next week. However Wednesdays evening meal was at tgi Fridays and for some reason they don't provide calorie info for their meals so couldn't count this on but doubt it was healthy!!

Yesterday was good and a gym rest day,
B- bran flakes and milk with raisins
L- lf cheese wrap, oddities and a peach
S- cherries mmm
D- jacket potato with beans and cheese and some chicken

Total 1488

Today's started off well
B- weetabix with flaxseed and milk and a banana
L- turkey and ham subway, cup a soup and an orange

Got the gym in a bit hoping to do gym and swim today treat myself lol

Then dinner is going to be pasta bake. I've bought hubby and kids a tiger garlic bread. I looooove tiger bread. But hopefully I will resist or maybe have one slice lol

Hi, I am still trying to find my way round this site lol. I need to lose about 9lb t get me in the 9stone stone bracket, this week I lost 2 lb and I am happy with that.i just wish the weather was better cos we get out more either walking or cycling. I hope you do well this week and get rid of your little gain.

Hi, I am still trying to find my way round this site lol. I need to lose about 9lb t get me in the 9stone stone bracket, this week I lost 2 lb and I am happy with that.i just wish the weather was better cos we get out more either walking or cycling. I hope you do well this week and get rid of your little gain.

Hope you had some sun this weekend! We definately have... I'm burnt to a crisp!!!
Well done on the loss :)

Evening all

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend! It's been boiling here and yesterday got burnt to a crisp :( very sore and speaking of sore the squats on Friday made my legs ache sooooo much and still hurting now!

Well this weekends not been brilliant, Friday was ok, had a really good gym and swim, went out at night and stuck to diet coke but got home and was so hungry I had a sausage roll sooo bad!

Saturday couldn't go out for my beach run as hubby at work. Got active in the garden cutting the grass and playing with the kids
B- porridge and an orange
L- hot dogs in rolls with ketchup then watermelon
D- paella with chicken thigh and a glass of red wine

Today hubby at work again so no run. Went out to a pub quiz but stuck to diet coke again.
B- weetabix and flax
L- lamb roast with loads of veggies and Yorkshire puds and gravy then a bag of maltesers at the pub :( (did resist the pub BBQ though, small victory! Lol)
D- left over paella no chicken thigh and now I've just eaten a choc muffin :/ looked nicer than it tasted and was 278 cals :(

So it's officially 30 days as of tomorrow I'm on my hols. Gonna cut down from 1500 a day to 1200 a day for next 30 days to get as much off as possible. I'm going to do 30 day shred too as well as the gym to boost cal burn.

Can't believe its only a month away!!! Can't wait and as I've been brave and bought bikinis I need to really get this weight down as much as I can!!

Have a great July everyone! And let's hope the weather stays this lovely!!!

been researching and decided to do the rosemary conely 21 day kick start diet before my hols. as ive already got my food shop in for next few days im starting Monday next week, ive even got my hubby on it!! just wrote down the plan and im scared im going to be starving as it seems so little food to what im used to!!!

will keep u posted when I do start, but for now have a fab and healthy week!! x

Good luck Jo! Not sure what Rosemary Conelly envolves so will be intrigued to see! Not long til hols :D

Good luck Jo! Not sure what Rosemary Conelly envolves so will be intrigued to see! Not long til hols :D

It's just a 21 day kick start food plan. Basically 1200 cals but she's given a food plan to follow. I've gone down to 1200 cals today anyway and followed it as much as I could with what I had in the house!

Evening all!

Well day one of 1200 instead of 1500 cals today is almost over! It's not been too bad hardest part was between lunch and dinner. I went to the gym in this time and had a snack of strawberries and Greek yogurt but I was desperate for my dinner!!

Also it was my day 1 of 30 day shred! Woke up early and did it as soon as I woke up. Doing it on the run up to holiday to increase my burn for the next month.

Food today
B- bran flakes (20g is not a lot!!!) then later blueberries and yogurt
L- prawn salad sandwich
Snack after gym- strawberries and Greek yogurt
D- turkey stir fry

Total 1180 (can't think of anything that's 20 cals!)
Cals burnt 728 at gym and shred DVD

Now the hard part starts, evening snacking!! Will resist as its weigh in tomorrow. I haven't been 100% this week so even a sts would be ok!!

First day sounds good Jo and tasty healthy stuff. Maybe amp up the protein if you are feeling peckish, do you like hard boiled eggs? Or nibble on some chicken?

Awesome burn and the gym and well done on the Shred- I need to get back into it from next week!! Where are you off on hols again?

Off to majorca!! For 10 nights and its all inclusive ahhhhh food and booze fest lol!!!

I thought my protein was ok yesterday as i had Greek yogurt, prawns and turkey during the day.
Think its just my body going woahhhh! Where's all the food?!

This week I lost the pound I put on last week, only just though! I wasn't in the zone last week so think the scale is showing that because of just yesterday!

I'm really excited to see a big loss next week with cutting cals and upping exercise. We have a BBQ this weekend but I'm not going to go mad and stick to no carbs if I can. Sunday another christening so will avoid the buffet if there is one! I'm hoping not!!

Afternoon all!

Well day two of 1200 and 30 day shred is almost over. Again I've been quite hungry between meals but I always remember the little unwritten rule that after 3 days ur body should have adapted and it will get easier! And hell I wanna look as best I can on holiday!

Food today:
B- porridge made half milk half water
L- asda chicken flatbread and a bag of velvet crunch ( my first ever packet! They were yum!)
Snack after gym - a banana
D- chicken casserole with cabbage and leeks

Oops didn't mean to send so early!

Total is 1156
Cals burnt today 642

Will prob have a hot chocolate later while I'm catching up on the biggest loser USA! I love that its on catch up lol I get addicted! I've even bought bobs book the skinny rules. Good read so far!! :)

Evening all

Well day 3 of 1200 and shred done. Well didn't quite keep to 1200 slightly over!

B- 1x shredded wheat with milk and blackberries then later on a yogurt
L- ham salad sandwich, velvet crunch and Special K biscuits
D- tortilla bake
Drink- asda fizzy flavoured water

Total 1252

Feeling ok today could do with a bit of chocolate but I will treat myself tomorrow as I'm doing shred, gym and swim!!

morning!!
well day 4 was crap!!! went to work as normal on a breakfast of all bran and then around 10.30 had a yogurt and a peach. as were having a BBQ today me and hubby hen went out shopping for food and bbq bits. I sort of make a rule with myself that I will either eat or drink but not both so ive decided to eat lol so no alcohol bought for me. out and about and I just got starving!!!!! was getting grumpy and shaky and hubby said come on we will go mcdonalds cos he wanted one of their smoothies. I don't even know if I stopped to think I just saw their new BCO chicken burger (god I looooove chicken burgers!!!) and ordered that.... was so hungry I didn't really care at the time but god, I felt hungry again in no time!! my friend had my kids after school for tea and what did they have...? mcdonalds... sat chatting to her and ended up eating a few left over chips and nuggets. sooooooooooo bad!!! got asked out by another friend last night as she was feeling low, to be supportive I went out but drove them all around so wouldn't be tempted for a tipple! so all in all, im quite disappointed in myself. but I did still do the 30 day shred in the morning and the gym later on.
woke up this morning and even though I didn't drink I feel horrible!!! going to push myself to go for a run, or at least do the shred cos todays not gonna be on point either for the bbq but I do feel like having a low day as I feel so crap.... eat crap feel crap I guess!!!

well have a good day everyone!! I really really want to nail this for holidays and I should rememeber how this feels to feel rubbish after a day of crap!

WALK AWAY FROM THE **** FOOD IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL HORRIBLE AND IT LOOKS BETTER THAN IT TASTES!!!

right im off now for some exercise BOOM!!! MOTIVIATION IS OOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!

evening all,
well im ashamed to say the crap day 4 turned into crap days 4,5 and 6! im so disappointed with myself. basically we had a bbq day 5 and even though I had said I wouldn't drink and enjoy the food, it did not last long, and whats worse, it was lager, all day... I didn't eat as much food as if I wasn't drinking, but doubt that made a slight bit of difference. I did go for my jog and did the shred in the morning, a complete waste of time to how much I ate and drank.
day 6 inevitable a hangover. as some of our friends ending up sleeping over the night after the bbq one of them went to get mcdonalds breakfasts in for us all. then we had a christening in the afternoon, I didn't drink and it took ages to wait for the bbq buffet, again didn't eat much but had a mcflurry on the way home.later on I got hungry and made some toast with spread and jam then a bag of hula hoops. could have been worse as my hubby ordered himself a Chinese takeaway, I only picked on a couple of his chips and bits of chicken.
woke up this morning and weighed like an idiot, showing a 2lb gain. not in the least surprised but Im just so disappointed, I basically starved myself beginning of last week and all that exercise was completely pointless cos I had a few bad days. Ive decided I cant live on 1200 I know im such a quitter for only lasting a few days but if that's all it takes for me to chuck in the towel and end up putting on weight! so decided im doing slim fast till holidays. still a calorie deficit to what im used to but slim fast shakes work so well for me and keep me from getting too hungry. today ive been on sf and ive been so happy!! ive managed the shred this morning, then a loooong jog, gym session and a swim! and food has been great:
B- slim fast chocolate and a special k bar
L-weight watchers soup then after gym caramel shake and a banana
D- pork loin steak, new potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower cheese and some roasted red onion
snack just now of hummous and cucumber sticks.

total im unsure of definite as mfp is playing up :/ but is around 1360 and a 918 total cal burn (544 gym/374 swim)

roll on tomorrow :):):):)

Hey jo

i know what you mean 1 day rolls into next and you end up being really peed off at yourself. Hopefully i can buy myself some sf on friday as i dont spend money on myself and i neef this to keep me focusrd.

You do so well with your gym.

Just think of the lovely holiday youll be on soon.

Sarah xx

Back