Lamb Shank Recipe?

Eternalflame

Excited about the new me!
Anyone got a good lamb shank slow cook style recipe.

Thanks
:)

Was looking for a new one myself until I heard that the Asda ones are free.

Might be worth thinking about.

The one I used to make for myself was Minted Lamb Henry.

Make up 1 pint of stock add a generous helping of mint sauce (sugar free) Add whichever root vegetables you like and season well.

Brown off 2 shanks and add to the slow cooker with everything else and cook on low for 8hrs.

Remove the shanks and keep warm then blitz the cooking liquid into a sauce. If you would like it thicker add some cornflour and continue cooking for another 30mins on high.

I serve it with mash and carrots :D

I think you'll find Morrisons lamb shanks in minted gravy (chilled) are free too!
And only 9 mins to cook in the micro!

I believe Asda has two. One is minted and I think the other is in a tomato/red wine sauce.
Like rosinakathleen said they only take a few minutes in the microwave too which is great for mid week dinners.

There are quite a few recipes on here too, you will need to adapt them for SW though, fry light etc

Lamb shank recipes - All recipes UK

Oh I love Lamb shanks. Like them slow braised with Moroccan spices, onions, apricots and prunes in stock and served with cous cous, yum. Will have to adapt to SW. They are so expensive now that they have become a 'trendy' dish.:cry: I haven't got a recipe thought I just make it up as I go. The Indian style ones on the website listed before sound really nice.

pre SW we used to do them in the slow cooker with a jar of ready made jalfrezi sauce topped up with a bit of stock, they were really yummy i suppose you could make your own sauce and it could be very low syn? hmmm got me thinking now lol :) xx

Yummy Mummy, they are expensive, i paid £11.70 for 4 of them. Moroccon spices sounds yummy too. Emmalou, that would be yummy with curry sauce on, mmmm. Thanks for those.

Ok, Gonna do mine now with Red Wine, Beef Stock, Passatta, Onions, and mint sauce. Gonna roll them in flour, then fry (fry light) in pan,then take out, and cook onions to get all the juices from the lamb before adding all other ingredients and cook for 3 hours. Saw this on come dine with me, lol.. Decided I'm not going to have any, as Im not out for lunch with my friend tomorrow, so OH and kids will be getting a top nosh :). But still sw style, so will try this again if they like it for me too.

xx

pre SW we used to do them in the slow cooker with a jar of ready made jalfrezi sauce topped up with a bit of stock, they were really yummy i suppose you could make your own sauce and it could be very low syn? hmmm got me thinking now lol :) xx

Have you got the SW 100 saucy secrets recipe book? There is a pineapple Jalfrezi, vindaloo, dhansak, tikka, rogan josh, korma, tikka masala, dopiaza, & balti recipes aongst others.

I cooked these on Sunday for the family, and did it as follows:

1 glass of red wine
1 medium onion
4 lamb shanks
Passatta
2 oxo's in 1.5pints of water
2 tsp mint sauce (unsweetened)

I browned the lamb shanks on frying pan, no oil, put those into casserole pot, then fried onions in fry light and in lamb juices, then added these to lamb, then added red wine to pan to burn off alcohol and also to get all of the juices from lamb into stock. Added to lamb and onions, put 2 oxo's into 1.5pints of water and add passatta, added mint sauce and mixed before adding to lamb and onions. Baked on gas 6 for 30 mins, turned down to gas 2 for 3 hours.

Family loved this dish, the lamb fell off the bone, the stock turned into a sort of gravy too and they all ate the lot :).

That sounds very yummy :) EternalFlame.

I tried the lamb shanks in gravy from Asda and wasn't very impressed, they were quite bland. :( And they cost £6 for 2.

Think I will stick to making my own unless anyone can recommend some good ones.

The only pre done ones I really like are from Costco but they cost a lot.

Hi all are the asda/morrissions lamb shanks in gravy free on the EE plan ?????

that sounds 2 good to b true 2 me lol :)

mint sauce

i think i made a booboo tonight did lamb shoulder for dinner but marinaded it in a packet of mint powder i bought from morrisons was absolutely lovely but realised the powder was 45g in weight and had 30g sugar in it so wasnt very chuffed with myself now got to syn it not sure how many and was between 2 of us (it was tiny piece of shoulder lol) and there was some juice left in pan when finished anyone know how to syn?:(:(:(:(

Please can someone confirm for me that morrissions lamb shanks in mint gravy are free on a EE day ?? ..... going stocking up is this is correct ha

morrisons lamb shank

dont know if they are free but am trusting what has been said on here lol and bonus on tuesday they were on special at £2.79 i think, so worth stocking up altho when i had asda ones before i wasnt impressed so i hope these are better, i might even buy some myself tomorrow when i go shopping:)

I have had the morrissons ones loads of time n they are gorgeous but im still finding this hard 2 beleive that they r free haha ... still stocking up though lol ,mmmmmmmm

RG - not quite free but not far off!
Morrisons Lamb Shank in Minted Gravy, chilled 400g pack

extraeasy.gif
1 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 1 Syns
green.gif
Green

Back