Landmark treats?

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about treating myself with a meal of my choice, everytime I lose a stone - get to a landmark. I know ketosis will be an issue, but I wondered what you all thought?

Personally, I wouldn't use food as a reward for lots of reasons but mainly because it'll throw you off course (quite likely) and it's just telling your head that food is a treat .... When food isn't a treat.

I'd use a piece of clothing for reward, every 7 pounds or.a stone something for your wardrobe

Depending on budget ... Bigger loss. ... A mini break etc

sorry hun agree with mrsessex l would have a nice reward' hairsalon,clothes, or even some nice make-up better not to reward with food up to you but l could'nt handle in and out of ketosis

I also wouldn't reward with food - I would go for things that would help you feel better about your dieting; for me I'd go with an item of clothing, a face/body cream, manicure, eyebrow/lash tint etc something that would be a bonus to the weight loss.

Agree completely - have a shopping mini-spree to keep you in clothes that fit while you are shrinking rather than reinforce the fact that 'forbidden' food is a treat

sorry i agree with the other. treating ourselfs with food is what got a lot of us here, need to break that mentality hun
treats ive got myself have ranged from clothes to wear at goal, necklaces, shoes, beauty products etc

Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, huh?

But I agree with the others that 'using' food in that way is one of things that got us here.

And to be brutally honest, losing a stone probably isn't a good enough reason to break the diet - not this diet, anyway. Cos the first thing that would happen if you had carbs at that meal is that you'd probably gain several pounds overnight. Which may very well mess with your head... It would mine. :)

Plus, do you really want to repeatedly go through the trauma of getting yourself into ketosis? It's a big enough shock to your system the first time.

Finally, one of the big problems with Cambridge and, I suspect, all other shake-based VLCDs, is that it's a lot harder to climb back on the wagon than you might think. They say the first time is the 'golden time' for a reason.

My advice - stay 100% for as long as you possibly can. Why would you want to elongate the trip to Slimville any more than absolutely necessary? :)

What about when I finish the diet? Will I put all of my weight back on if I go back to eating normally (healthily with the occasional treats)? I love food and I disagree with denying yourself things forever- food is something to be enjoyed in proportion.

What about when I finish the diet? Will I put all of my weight back on if I go back to eating normally (healthily with the occasional treats)? I love food and I disagree with denying yourself things forever- food is something to be enjoyed in proportion.

thats one thing i am worrying about , thats why i am moving from Cambridge to Weight Watchers now as i dont wanna put it back on loads of people move from CD to WW

x

if you follow the stages properly there's no reason to regain the weight. A sensible diet and excerise should keep unwanted pounds at bay hope this helps hun

On CD you lose weight so quickly, you would be eatting every 3-4 weeks lol.

So far iv lost 2 stone and had my hair dyed n eyebrows done lol and just brought myself a new purse&pjs! I am really treating myself alot more now then i used to!

Food to reward is a no no .... it will only slow weight loss and make things longer for you , plus could make you want to eat more ....
What do you enjoy doing ?

If you lose the weight you want to lose and then go back to normal eating you *might* put on 4/5lbs. However so long as you don't overeat like you do before you shouldn't put on anymore than this.

I have to echo everything that's been said here- I had a meal for m birthday last year whilst SSing, it was the worst thing I did as I've not truely been 100% ever since and found it so hard to get my head in the right place- we need to move away from treating ourselves with food as that's what's led us to need the diet in the first place!

Please, hun, go for the pampers, clothes etc, that feeling will last alot longer with a new pair of boots, rather than a meal that will last about 30 minutes and set you back days.

Also, if you go through the stages and follow the maintainence rules there's no reason for you to regain the weight. We need to change our views of eating 'normally' because if we 'go back' to eating 'normally' cwell let's face it I know I was not eating anything like 'normal' before) there's danger of keeping those old habits, so I'm not going back to eating 'unhealthily' and start eating 'normal' healthy foods when I get there!

Every diet is the same in that if you overeat after you end dieting then no matter what diet you lost the weight with you WILL put weight back on.
Imagine how good it would feel to get rid of that stone and have a meal, to get on the scales the next day and realise it's not a stone anymore!? I would be gutted, i know how you feel as i had similar thoughts but it is as hard as people say to get back into things properly, good luck.

I don't think any of us said that it wasn't. It's just that I suspect most of us here haven't really got a handle on what 'normal eating' is - not yet, anyway. I'm not saying it isn't possible to learn. I hope I do, in time. But that's something I'm going to have to deal with in the maintenance stage of the diet. You can think about it whilst on CD, even convince yourself you're going to be fine with it - but it's not the same as actually doing it. :sigh:

If you want to learn what normal eating is at the same time as losing weight, then it might be better to try something like WW or SW instead of Cambridge. The Cambridge Plan works well for those of us who want to take food right out of the equation for a while, so that you can focus solely on losing the weight and not on what you're going to have for tea.

The thing is, food is always going to be there waiting for us. The world probably won't run out of, say, chocolate in the next few months - it'll still be there for you to enjoy when you've lost all the pounds you want to lose. :)

Now usually I would advocate meals for special occasions, but worry about the phrase 'meal of my choice' as I see you reverting straight back to high carb, high fat, high calorie meals (I figure thats how we all got here). I also think as the weight loss is quite high with CD that is falling off the wagon in a big way once a month. I think if you want to treat yourself to a salad or something like that it is a different matter and I don't see the harm, and after a month of shakes it really is a treat.

I see what other people are saying with don't fall into the trap of rewarding yourself with food, but on the other hand part of me thinks when I start eating properly again I want to see higher calorie food as a treat rather than just something to have antime I want like I used to do. So surely rewarding yourself with food means that you are steering clear of naughty foods for the majority of the time.

Anyway, I am sure I have been as clear as mud. Do what is right for you and what makes it easier for you to persevere with the diet. Anyone who sticks to this diet needs some form of reward.

Back