Lasagne

Azeluk

Hey peeps,

my wife is cooking lasagne tonight using the dreaded dolmio sauces, with cheese it works out t be about 51syns :-( now the amount we make we can get about 6/8 portions out of it and i havnt used up my healthy a today (milk) is the syn value ive shown above still going to be 51.

Many thanks

Azel

The syn value for the dish will be 51 syns (wow). The syns per portion will be 8.5 syns based on 6 servings.

Are you asking if you can use your HEa for the cheese? It depends how much cheese there is on it I suppose. If it's only a small amount per portion then I would syn it rather than waste a HE on it. But going by the 51 syns it sounds like there must be a lot of cheese! If so then you can take 6 syns off for your HEa.

Can you not encourage your wife to use a SW friendly recipe for lasagne - it will taste better! Or better still offer to make it yourself! Does she know you are doing SW and is she not supporting you?

My wifes supportive but she isnt a very good cook :-( so she does go for the easy option hence the dolmio sauces, maybe il offer to cook cottage pie a lot healthier :)

Hi have you thought of getting a smaller lower syn sauce and adding passata to make it go further if u don't want to make a sauce from scratch . Doesn't need much in the way of cooking skill's I should know lol x

You will find heaps of recipes for lasagna on the recipe section, which are no more difficult to cook than browning some mince and adding ready made sauces. They are such a waste of syns really and a homemade one will taste so much better.

Here is how I make mine

I dry fry my mince drain the fat off add onions mushrooms and peppers dry fry till cooked season it add passata and any other herbs you want that's the base I then buy morrisons own instant cheese sauce which is 3 sins or add 2 depending how big you want the lasagne then layer it as you usually would stick in oven so if you done the 2 sauces the lasagne is 6 sins and I usually make 4 portions from it so 1.5 sins per portion

Back