Green Day Lasagne

carlawhite

Hello

I have made the mince and had it standing overnight using the BBQ sauce recipe I found - so really looking forward to trying this out as a nice twist.

My question is.... I need to make the cheese sauce for the topping, which I would usually go for ff nat yogurt, however I have non in... Nor any quark- can anyone give me an alternative method not too high in syns please?

Thinking cheese and milk but unsure really..

I normally give the white sauce a miss to be honest, feel it doesnt add that much to the meal and can be quite high syns to make a "proper" one

But would prefer some type of sauce.... Anyone else have any ideas?

Xx

carlawhite said:
Hello

I have made the mince and had it standing overnight using the BBQ sauce recipe I found - so really looking forward to trying this out as a nice twist.

My question is.... I need to make the cheese sauce for the topping, which I would usually go for ff nat yogurt, however I have non in... Nor any quark- can anyone give me an alternative method not too high in syns please?

I use a tub of cottage cheese beaten with an egg a nice topping when l make Moussaka :)

Hello

milk, a bit of cheese and about a tablespoon of cornflour will do. Dollop of mustard is good too and a bit of black pepper.

if the lasagne is divided up between a few people, then the milk and cheese could be HEa portions, which means you only need to syn the cornflour and mustard and it works out as very little syns and is worth it in my opinion for a proper quark free sauce.

Well...gotta say it - the lasagne was the best Ive ever had!

BBQ sauce really does work wonders with a lasagne!!

the sauce I used semi skimmed milk - half fat cheese and pepper and cornflour!

Was delicious and worth every syn!! :)

Whenever I make lasagne I use Morrisons cheese sauce (the instant one that you add water to) - it's 2 syns a portion (the packet mixed up divided by 4) - of course the more portions you make out of it the less syns :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I use Morrison's Instant cheese sauce mix 34p I use the whole packet on a lasagne that serves 2. I add dried mustard powder to the dry mix before adding boiling water. I make the lasagne with lean mince beef as usual, layer it with the pasta and pour over the sauce. (Sauce 4 syns per serving but well worth it) I sometimes sprinkle 2 x level tsp grated parmesan cheese over the top for an extra 0.5 syns per serving.

Back