Its time to get smaller

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while.. I will catch up with everyone soon.. Its been one of those weeks.

So I guess the biggest thing that happened is that I found out I am pregnant!! delighted obviously, we were hoping to increase our family next year anyway once I had lost some more weight, was giving myself until the end of the year but things don't always go to plan! One of my oldest friends told me to be careful when I was losing so much weight.... 2 days later I was looking at a positive pregnancy test!
its very early days but so far so good :) Im even prouder of doing that run now... I was pregnant at the time!! Feeling ok, bit of nausea but managing.

So the exercise has been put on hold to a degree, having some problems with my back and hip that makes it impossible to run (my gp told me I could continue to run). Getting pains down my back, bum, and legs, went out this morning and was in agony.. so I am going to walk and swim for now. My personal trainer is going to change my plan for me in the gym, want to keep doing weights etc

I have been so bold with food and am 4lbs up already.. need to nip this now, have been so tired this week that I have been eating such bad food. Had a good chat with my GP and she says I can continue to eat like I am but maybe up the cals a little. So have decided to trust my body and eat until I am full, healthy nutritious food and not count calories until the baby arrives. When I got pregnant with my little man I was 23 stone, and had a very complicated pregnancy, hopefully this time it will be easy going.

I am snowed under at work this morning but hopefully by tomorrow I will have a few minutes to myself to catch up with everyones diaries. I am in Dublin with work tomorrow so will have some time to myself on the train..

Last edited:
WOW congratulations Orla!!!!!!! That's such fab news - and I think your eating plan is really sensible.

Things are bound to be easier for you this time, with six stone gone for good! :)

Last edited:
Thanks suzie.. massive shock but a lovely surprise all the same. Have a scan booked for 2 weeks time so it will feel more real then. Hasn't sunk in yet.

Breakfast today- overnight oats
Lunch- I'm away with work today so will depend what I can get from the canteen. Have a sandwich in my bag incase there is nothing I like there
Dinner- Quorn stir-fry
Snacks- banana, nuts, popcorn.

Hi Everyone, have not been on here for a while.

Had an awful few weeks, sadly we lost our baby a few weeks ago, we are absolutely heartbroken. Really been an awful few weeks, we found out our baby had no heartbeat but we waited to be rescanned incase we were just off with our dates and weren't as far on as we thought. Sadly we weren't. I ended up having a minor procedure as my body was trying to hold on to it.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I have been eating my emotions and haven't been back to the gym in weeks so I have managed to put on 1 stone 4lbs! I am not one bit surprised as a ate nothing but chocolate and takeaways. But I am being kind to myself now, we had an awful few weeks so I am trying to be positive. Back to the gym today, I am only back to work today after being off for a month and working just a half day so I am going at lunchtime.

Breakfast: Overnight oats with blueberries, strawberries and blackberries
Lunch: Egg salad, with hazelnuts, spinach, tomatoes, carrot, olives, sweetcorn, peppers.
Dinner: not sure yet. have to go to Cork this evening so I think it will be a quick bite to eat on the way.
Snacks: banana, apple, nectarines.

Will try to catch up with everyone today too.

Orla I am totally devastated for you and can only offer massive hugs. Please please please take care of yourself.
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Oh Orla sweetheart, such an awful thing to happen, I'm so very sorry to hear it!

You take good care of yourself, that gain will whooshie away xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks do much for your support folks, I really have been struggling lately, had an interview tues for a promotion at work, they only come up every few years so I tried to focus on that, it didn't go as well as I had hoped. but its done now, nothing I can do..

still struggling a lot at the loss of our baby, I eat crap food all the time, I cant even get on the scales to see what weight I am.. I am living in denial that's for sure.

Had planned to get up and go to the gym this morning before work but I am exhausted, I had planned on taking the little man to the pool this evening, he has a cold so I might leave it and go myself when he is in bed tonight. I really need to get back on track.. weight is piling on.. I feel it in my clothes. Someone give me a kick in the rear end please!

No kicks - just big hugs!

You're mentally and emotionally exhausted hun so give yourself time to improve your strength and then get back into the gym?

And what about having crap for two meals but trying to make one meal a day nice and healthy?

Sxx

Don't be tough on yourself, everything will get back on track when its meant too. Concentrate on yourself and your family. Are you able to take any extended leave from work to help you recover?

Orla- never mind weightloss for the now, but do look after yourself properly. All of this will have taken a tremendous toll on your body and mind and both need careful nourishment.
Please don't feel you have to focus on trying to achieve a goal- just take care of yourself and eat for mental and physical health- lots of green veg, clean proteins, fruits and nuts. Work on making yourself as strong as you can be. Xxx

Sending you good vibes for recovery mentally. I was just with my friend who lives in the States. We were remembering her lost boy, 26 years ago. She lost him 5 months after conception, so never held him. He's still important to her. This internet stranger is sorry for your loss.
So best wishes - and be kind to yourself. Hope to see you again here soon.

Hi Folks,

Just back today, didn't realise it was so long since I was here, been a horrible summer, its a horrible 2018 really. Been through a tough time mentally but I am definitely out the other side of it now. focusing on the future and want to finish the year on a high.

So last time I was here I had interviewed for a promotion and believe it or not I was successful and am waiting to be assigned a post. Delighted with that!

Back on track foodwise now and I and currently 18 stone 7lbs, so I put on exactly a stone and a half over the summer. I am being kind to myself and aiming to be back to 17stone by my Christmas party night which is the start of dec. Went back to the gym last night and I swam for 30 minutes. I have a 5km run this weekend that I am looking forward to and I will manage that Im sure.

So todays food:

Breakfast: Overnight oats with fruit
Snack: banana
Lunch: homemade soup and bread
Dinner: Lentil Dahl with rice.

Its been emotional being back here, I am so thankful to all of ye for your support after we lost the baby. really appreciate it. Heres to 2018 ending on a high

Great to.see you back.Orla. Will the promotion mean changing locations?

Thanks everyone, great to see the familiar faces still here!

Yep its time to get that weight gone, its 10 weeks until my Christmas party so I have 21lbs to lose in that time, It can be done! I need som challenges now.
I was very good this morning, I got up and went to the gym this morning, couldn't really run! did a little bit and spent a good bit of time on the bike. And I did some weights too.. have a schedule done up for this evening too that I should be able to manage in front of the TV.

Food today was:
Pre-gym: banana and coffee
Breakfast: Overnight oats with berries
Lunch: Slimbo with a slice of cheese and a mushroom burger
Dinner: Omlette and chips.

Back