Lasagne

*angela*

Silver Member
Hi ladies...

Planning on making the sw lasagne for the first time tonight and have been looking up recipes but slightly confused. Is it necessary to use canned tomatoes as well as the passata? I was thinking it would be one or the other? I made the spaghetti Bol recipe last month and used both and it was a disaster so don't want a repeat as it turned like a soup.

Also for the cheesy sauce I've seen where people use fromage frais, then others use yogurt with eggs and nutmeg? What would be best? Thanks for any advice x

I have tried my version of Lasagne and I would say that as the passata is really thin it can sometimes not give a lot of flavour which is why I always put in a tin of tomatoes too

x

I'm the same as curvryKaren. Also sw has a spag bol recipe that is SO nice, it only uses the tinned toms. Do you want the recipe?

i was thinking of using the tomatoes on its own with no passata... Would that not be enough though x

I use passatta as my oh has a fear of tinned toms!! No really!! I find if i use passatta I dont use too much stock, maybe about 250ml. If i use veggie mince I need to put a little bit more in as it soaks up a lot of the liquid.

I just use a packet white sauce made up with water and count the syns. I make enough for four, so split across the portions its not too bad syn wise.

i was thinking of using the tomatoes on its own with no passata... Would that not be enough though x

Theres nothing to stop you doing that but bare in mind the mince will have no flavour... it will just be mouthfuls of mince and then mouthfuls of tomato chunks

x

Tim1505 said:
Not only ladies here, just saying.

Good point Tim :) I must admit I have been guilty of writing something simular myself because of the ratio of male to female here :(

x

Sorry for any offence Tim...

Anyway, lasagne made (used tomatos and half the passata) and was lush... Only query I have now though is i followed the SW recipe off the website and it marks it as 1.5 syns per serving which I can't understand as individually all the ingredients are free and the cheese is a HEXA. Anyone any ideas where the syns come from then?

Thanks in advance :) xx

Syns come from cheese I think-recipe in the book doesn't say count cheese as a healthy ex-presumably if you do-it's free!! X

Nice one, thank you :)

Back