lasangne

Hi, lasagne is quite a fattening dish but you can change a few things like using quorn mince and fry light to brown your onions and mince. Also you can buy dolmio light or use tinned tomatoes with lots of spices to make your sauce. top with half fat cheddar and go easy on the cheese.

hello:)
can any1 help please:confused: my daughter likes lasangne and would like to make a low ppoint 1...

There is a low PP pork mince lasagne in one of my recipe books.
I'll post the recipe tomorrow for you if thats ok?
You make all the sauces from scratch but it doesn't take long & its really tasty. :) x

Here you go the recipe I've used twice before & everyone enjoyed it. :)

Pork Lasagne
ProPoints per recipe 29
ProPoints per serving 7
Serves 4
Freezable

350g (12oz) lean pork mince
1 large onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled & grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
700g jar passata (with herbs if possible)**
75g (2 3/4oz) lasagne sheets
100 ml (3 ½ fl oz) half fat crème fraiche
25g (1 oz) parmesan cheese, grated

** if using plain passata add 2 teaspoons of Italian mixed herbs

You will need a 2.5 litre (4 ½ pint) deep square or rectangular overproof dish

Heat large non stick frying pan until hot. Add pork mince & stir fry over high heat for 5 mins until browned. Add onion & cook for another 3 mins

Stir in carrots & garlic & continue cooking over a lower heat for about 5 mins until carrot is soft. Stir in 500g of the passata (& herbs), bring to the boil & remove from heat.

Preheat oven to gas mark 6/ 200°C/fan oven 180°C.

Spoon a third of the meat mixture into the dish top with a layer of lasagne & repeat twice more, ending with the final lasagne sheets. Pour over the remaining passata.

Mix the crème fraiche with 2 tablespoons of warm water & spread over the top. Scatter over the cheese & season with ground black pepper & bake for 45-50 mins until golden & bubbling.

thanks emma
i will give that a try and let you know how i get on, do you have any other good recipes

What types of food do you like & I'll have a look at what I've got. :) x

i love any kind of food :eek: lol think that might have been the problem, but since starting wwatchers i have realised you can have healthier options and still enjoy your food without the added pounds:) and can still have what you like without going overboard , i also find that even when i have wks where i dont stick to points i am still making healthier choices than what i normally would which is great in the long run

Glad you tried it & enjoyed it. :) I don't think it tastes any different to a 'full fat' one. I just make sure I seaon everything really well during cooking.:) xx

Back