Laser lipo/iLipo/strawberry Lipo

fattoslim

As anyone ever used these laser lipo stuff before as it helps get inch loss.

I have been tempted but it would be good to get people's testimonials if they have used it.

Repost

Has anyone ever used these laser lipo stuff before as it helps get inch loss.

I have been tempted but it would be good to get people's testimonials if they have used it.

i was curious, and there's a huge lack of unbiased testimonials on the net. I did find this from the MSE forums useful:
The laser used in this machine, is a 635 nm wavelength diode - the very same laser that is commonly used in many hand-held battery-powered laser pointers. According to the manufacturer's website, the laser power is listed variably in different parts of the webpage, between 7.5 milliwatts and 14 milliwatts, which again is only slightly more than the typical 5 milliwatt laser pointer. (By way of comparison, most lasers used for ablative skin resurfacing treatments are in the neighborhood of 30 watts or more, or four-thousand times more powerful.) Thus, this new machine falls into the category of "low-level laser therapy".

The FDA has approved this device - in the same category as an infra-red heating lamp - according to the FDA's own 510(k) document posted on the laser manufacturer's website. N.B: it's not currently approved as a fat melter.

Neira and associates have been enthusiastically promoting the use of low level lasers to help with liposuction for several years. They claim that use of this type of laser leads to a deflation effect on the individual fat cells, resulting in the contouring effect.

This claim is certainly controversial. A study published in the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal, performed by the well-respected Plastic Surgery & laser group of Brown, Rohrich, Kenkel, Young and associates at UTSW, carefully duplicated the Neira protocol for laser fat treatment. However, they found no appreciable difference with this laser treatment, comparing the fat before and after treatment under a scanning electron microscope. Zip. Zilch. Nada. There was no effect whatsoever on the fat in the treated area, and certainly no evidence of any fat-cell deflation

I have no personal experience with this machine, and while I would love to have a non-invasive method to treat fat, the physics of the device make it hard to believe that the beam could possibly penetrate through the skin down to the underlying fat with enough energy to do anything.

To me, it seems like waving a laser pointer over the skin, and somehow expecting the fat to magically disappear. Caveat emptor.

what initially confused me is that laser lipo is also a term used to refer to a 'liposuction lite' process where a laser is fed under the skin to very small pockets of fat, where it does indeed melt fat cells, which are then aspirated out with a canula. and of course, that does work. but i've still to see anything that says that the cold laser, non-invasive stuff works.

thing is, if something the non-invasive and easy did work - the NHS would buy thousands of these machines and solve the obesity crisis.

How true about the NHS, but then the pharmacutical companies wouldnt be happy! The variety I was checking out turned out to be non invasive, the one I really want is the lunchtime lippo, which does exactly what you said, it is delivered through small incisions, rather than the dyno-rod of traditional lippo. Im saving up!

yeah - luchtime lipo / smartlipo does work, because essentially it is surgical. There's a rather harrowing description of the proceedure and recovery in the Mail, I read. I might consider it for my arms, but i think i'm more likely to need a full lift.

I have booked 6 laser lipo for the end of may. I'm curious. I have been told its totally non invasive and the laser going thru the skin n opens fat cells n straight after the procedure u have to go for a 15-20 cardio excercises like run. If u don't the cells will simply close again with no results. So I am going to give a go :)

Ania

This sounds fab, can u post how u get on as I'd defo do it if it works. X

Hi guys I am after two sessions (got 6 all together) n I can't see any difference yet. Maybe it needs all of them to notice. The procedure is very easy. U just lying down on a comfy chair with ur belly exposed n they put them lasers all over ur chosen area. It lasts 30 mins n they moving it around every 8-10 mins. Doesn't hurt just give a funny warm feeling but it's actually relaxing hehe

image-700354544.jpg

Ania

Back