Last Chance Saloon

purplekylie22

Well I am 26, 27 this year. My BMI sits around 50 ish and goes up or down depending on whats happening in my life at the time. I comfort eat, I love carbs, I love coke, I love crisps and gummy sweets.

I wanted weight Loss surgery, but was rejected because my area wont help unless your BMI is 60+. I did Xenical before and it didnt help, I just didn't loose much. I am trying again now and If I cant loose the weight then my next, well only other option is to move. If I go back to Leicester where I am from, I just about meet the guidelines for WLS there and I could get the bypass that I actually need. But that means leaving my partner as he cant move down there with us. So I would be a single mum (again) this time of three kids instead of two. So this time I need Xenical to work. I need to loose weight.
I don't want to be "thin" I just want to be normal. I would be soo incredibly happy if I could get to a size 14/16. Its my dream, literally every night I dream about it! What I could wear... I'm a goth at heart but really you don't get many goth clothes in a size 26/28.
I have recently discovered that my family has a huge history of heart disease. So loosing weight is likely to be a big help there for me too. I have been checked out by the doctor and at the minute I'm ok, but there's no telling when issues could arise and loosing weight is... well required if I want to still be here in 20 years time for my kids. My dad was 47 when he died. I cant let that happen to me.

Well today is day... 4. My headache is better but thats because I caved last night and had a can of cherry coke before bed :( My first can in 3 days and I feel like crap for caving in, but it was SOOOO good. No more today. I cant keep drinking it, my OH is slowly working his way through my stock pile of coke so that its not as tempting and he only usually drinks Coke Zero so if I ever fail again at least it would be for coke zero which has a lot less cals!
Today I'm starting exercise, no point eating well if I don't exercise. So I'm going to dig all the toys out from around the cross trainer and start using it. Even a few minutes each day would help more than what I'm doing right now (sitting on my arse watching kids TV).

Oh and my name is Kylie :) *waves hello to everyone*

Hi Kylie

Well done for starting your diary, I found in those first few weeks mine really helped.

I know weight loss surgery is the answer for some people but if it can be avoided its better. My hubby's cousin had a bypass 3 years ago & she has been quite poorly on & off & to be honest after the initial 7 stone loss she doesn't seem to have lost any more & is still what the docs would call obese. A friend of mine had a bypass in November & has joined ww as she has been eating the wrong things, things that will slip through the band & drinking.

Although xen is not a magic solution I've found it gave me the strength to finally tackle my food issues after 15 years of yoyoing, I started my journey at the beginning of October & have lost three and a half stone up to last week. The fear of Mr T paying a visit was enough for me.

Good Luck with your journey, onwards & downwards xx

We all have to take the first step, which is by far the hardest. You've shown you're strong by taking that step. From there on in, we just have to keep making changes abit at a time. Before you know it, they add together into weightloss and feeling more confident. It must be hard with kids in the house, but maybe the gummy sweets etc just have to go. They may be a treat with the kids, but maybe Dad can get them a pack when they're out and about. I had to strip the house of alot if temptation. It actually feels good to chuck it out! You can break the chain between your health and your parents, and give your kids a Mum who is around for longer, and a lifestyle for them where they won't find themselves worrying about their health and weight at your age. Keep strong x

Thanks Lexi, I sure hope it helps! I like the accountability on here and on MFP too, so I'm hoping it will give me the kick up the backside I need to stay on track and do this right. I have tried just about every diet known to man and if I don't sort out my weight now then I worry that it will be too late.
Bypass I do think would help a lot, I always feel hungry and to be able to feel full after eating just a little... that just sounds so amazing! But it isnt a miracle op and willpower is required. Just like with Xen, you have to work at it. TBH If I had the money I would go and get the bypass tomorrow, but I'm not ever likely to have a spare £9k so I don't have a choice, I need to get on with the Xen and this needs to work for me.

3.5 Stone is an amazing loss, well done you!

Thanks Purple :) We cleared out the gummy sweets last night and I recently got a table top mixer so I can make cupcakes and keep them in the fridge for the kids, they aren't to my taste so there isn't a danger having them here. I'm not really a chocolate kinda girl!

hi kylie. WLS doesnt always work. one of my old friends had a gastric band a few years ago but now she has regained all the weight plus a bit more. if your serious about losing weight then with hard work u will succeed. xenical isnt a miracle pill but if u work with it then it will defo help. thats good u have a cross trainer. thats my fav thing at the gym but there isnt many at my gym so everyone is always fighting to get on it lol (well not literally) . try going on it for 10 mins then build yourself up. soon your be able to do an hour on it no problems! and it gets your heart rate up (so will burn all those calories) maybe go to your doc and ask for a gym referal too. good luck on your journey xx

maybe go to your doc and ask for a gym referal too. good luck on your journey xx

Do they still do that? I looked on the web but could only find stuff from several years ago, I thought they mightve stopped it. I was on the Cross trainer today and only managed 5 minutes so I need to build up some strength first then I will ask doc when I can make use of the gym properly

Back