Last Christmas...

WOW, you are all winners!! What lovely, strong, inspiring stories, I love reading them!!!
Last year, especially at Christmas, was a really stressful time for us, not us directly, but a family member causing problems among us...... We were emotionally drained and there was a lot of comfort eating and treats, you know the pattern! Anyway, now, life is pretty brilliant and the future looks very good, I may not be a size 12 yet, but you know it's all good. I am growing inside, and I like this woman, so my body had better catch up with the internal size 12 Diva!!! Hahaha !!

Big hugs to all you beautiful people !!

Diva x

This time last year, I was a size 24, weighed about 19 stone or thereabouts, and was formulating a plan to lose weight by my 10th wedding anniversary.

I am sitting here now, 6 1/2 stone lighter, 6 dress sizes smaller, and actually planning for the first time in a few years to go to a new years eve party. Uh-mazing.

I could have picked quotes from every posting in this thread they are all so inspirational.

I chose this one because Gill, you have been such a great help to me right from day one and I would like to thank you so much for leading by example.

This is a brilliant thread.

Last Christmas, as usual, I was cooking for the world and his wife and feeling a lot like a beached whale must feel. I was so unhappy as a size 24/26. I could not face shopping and finding nothing. I bought a caftan from eBay. I wore "tents" as often as possible and tried to kid myself and everyone else it was only because they were so comfortable when I was cooking.

This year I am a size 16/18 and wore my first *stunning* outfit on Monday of this week at our most prestigious antiques fair of the year. It was beautifully cut black crepe trousers and black dress shirt with a white waistcoat and tuxedo both in crepe with satin insets. Very retro, very 50's. I received compliments from other dealers and clients alike. I felt fantastic. The best I have felt for a very long time. I had great jewellery too.

Christmas day is still on hold clothes-wise. I really have to get something this week. We are having a quiet day for once so it could just be something snugly.

Boxing day I have 8 for dinner and have a very nice red, black and white outfit for that.

New Years Eve will see me in an extremely slinky "little" black number, strappy, glitzy and oh so sexy.

Who ever said that fat is o.k. has never been fat and all those people who have told us how "pretty" we are regardless of size, has never been fat either. Slim feels so good.

Mrs D, glad you've got the hubby with you this year, and your lovely littl'uns around and on the way!

Sue, what a perfect post! It captures exactly everything I am feeling right now!

EB, you're a big inspiration to me so love that you are so happy right now.

Viva, so glad you're having a less stressful time this year!

I love the good news that SW brings to my life, both my own and all of yours.

xxxx

Well mines different last year I was about half a stone or a stone lighter, I had fell off the slimming world wagon way before Xmas! I was down stressed skint and a single mom living miles from family who worked full time. I felt lonely and had no self respect. I ate n ate and drank n drank last yr and well snoged any man in sight!

This year yes I weigh more, but I'm happier. And I havnt been this focused to follow plan since 2007!!!! And I am glad. I now have taken the plunge and left my old job and moved bk near family and friends and with my new partner. I'm a much more confident and stronger more focused person on the inside this year with an aim
For the new yr!!! I hope to get to target for July time :)

Well done u guys xx

Wow, reading all of these stories is amazing. It is certainly keeping me motivated and steering me away from the tin of roses that keeps staring at me from under the tree. Its so easy to get disheartened when we have a little gain one week, but this thread proves, you have to take the rough with the smooth and you will get there in the end =]
I can't wait to take on 2011. I've got so much to look forward to, and I know I can take it on with my new found confidence.

Good luck everyone =]

Back