last nights wi

notts_bhoy

only me ! :D , i was actually a bit disappointed to only lose 4lb at my wi last night i know i might be being a bit stupid but i was hoping for more , does anyone know the avarage weekly loss on the programme ?

Not sure about men - but for women it's 3lbs per week averages out at about 3 stone in 3 months (we have a 14 week Foundation), which is what we are told is the norm. I have pretty much averaged at that exactly... x

On mens programme they estimate a loss of 3 stone in 8 weeks, which is an average of 5.25lb per week. At the moment, you ahve lost 32lb in 4 weeks. Which means you are on an average of 8lb per week. Above average honey!!

Weightloss is bound to slow down. But you are still very much on target for that average 3 stone in 8 weeks!!

B x

:D suppose i should have looked at it that way myself as it makes sense , it was probably just because i have not been on the programme that long and thought to myself that it seems to be a smaller loss every week and i am doing exactly the same things , i am just being unrealistic i suppose :sigh:

If we all lost the amount we did in our first week, it would be brilliant!! 10lb for me every week. I'd be a bean pole by Christmas! No such luck. Just be happy you're a fella. You'll lose it far quicker than us ladies!!

B x

I take my weight losses on a monthly basics its the best way to do it. They go up and down all the time so dont panic. Your doing great well done!

yeah i know beki , i remember when i was a woman :p x

Hi Notts Boy,

Another voice of support here -- if you had excellent loss of 12 lbs, 9 lbs and 7 lbs in your first 3 weeks don't be too surprised that you've had a slight dip in week 4 -- it might well be more in week 5.

Also, mathematically I worked out that according to the calorie deficit women who require 2000 cals a day to survive are in deficit by 10,500 cals a week .... 10,5000 divided by 3,500 cals per pound of fat = 3 lbs per week.

For men who required 2500 cals a day to survive the calorie deficit is 2000 cals per day = 14,000 per week ..... equals 4 lbs per week.

So if you look at it that way you have absolutely hit target.

For most people on any "conventional" weight loss plan they would think that 4 lbs was BIG loss -- they would not have the reverse thinking that being on Lighter Life causes us to have !!!

Best wishes,
Sharon

Hi Notts Boy,

My husband has been doing LL with me since August and has lost 5 and a half stone. One week he only lost one pound and another week he actually put on one pound. He has stuck to the diet and never lapsed at all so it just goes to show that you body does strange things sometimes. Stick at it and you'll be slim in no time. Hope this helps
Jash

Back