Lauras Diary of Incubating

So still having pink stained mucus today, so still a bit terrified I'll go into labour. Trying so hard to be positive....

Did have a few little kicks today which is brilliant. 2 weeks tomorrow till 20 week scan! Can't come soon enough!

If the plugs gone it can take a few days but I think you should get seen thoroughly ASAP if only for peace of mind like Brona says.xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So still having pink stained mucus today, so still a bit terrified I'll go into labour. Trying so hard to be positive....

Did have a few little kicks today which is brilliant. 2 weeks tomorrow till 20 week scan! Can't come soon enough!

I bet....can't be very nice for you but sounds like baby is active which can only be a good thing :)

Hope you're doing ok xx

Sending love hon xx

hi hun, hoping everything works out okay for you, sending you positive vibes, I've heard of this happening and ppl having no further problems so don't panic, relax as much as you can (hugs) xox

Hey hon
You OK? hope so. xxx

Back again - 26/08/2013 - 23+3

Hiya girls, sorry I disappeared. Wasn't doing too good for a while. I've had lots of bleeding, sickness, back playing up and sh!ttiness really. But baby is doing well and although they think he/she is a little small they are happy. For the last week everything seems to have settled down alot. I'm finally able to eat normal and feel quite normal. Baby is kicking away now and doctors are happy with everything, they have warned me to get all my stuff ready for around 30 weeks as they expect me to go early again. But I like that they are organising themselves and will be ready for any eventualities.

This week I've cleaned the house from top to bottom, she is sparkling, there isn't a floor not washed or a piece of clothes in the laundry basket.

Dinners last week included:

Monday - Salmon pasta
Tuesday - Homemade lasagne
Wednesday - Beef and guinness casserole with broccoli, cauliflower and mash.
Thursday - Chilli-con carne
Friday - Chicken chow mein take away
Saturday - Fish and chips at the beach
Sunday - Chicken wrapped in Sorrento ham, mashed potatoes, carrot, long stem broccoli, babycorn and gravy

I'm so happy I am able to cook again and can stand my kitchen (I did throw a fit and get rid of everything in the fridge. Cleaned it with baking soda and hot water. Rinced with lemon and hot water, and re-stocked). I am make a scone and a quiche tomorrow for lunch yay!

I really hope everyone else is well! xx

I'm so glad you're back and bubs is ok!! I know having baby early isn't ideal but at least you can be prepared. It's rubbish that you've been having a hard time of it but I'm pleased that you're all doing well :) how far are you now?xx

Sorry, just read you're 23+3. Must read thread titles!!xx

Oh Laura thank God all is ok. Was so worried when u'd not been on. Kept looking back to see yer "latest post" n was starting to think the worst.
So happy baby is doing well. Sorry u'v been so ill but hopefully ya'v turned a corner.
Sounds like ya'v been a busy bee with all that cooking n cleaning.... Xxxxx

Yeah was a bit touch and go there for a while if the baby would be okay or not. Or if I'd go into labour. But thankfully all has settled down. I've another scan now on Wednesday and another one in about another 3-4 weeks, so they are keeping a close eye.

I really need to start rooting out all my baby stuff and get it sorted. I also need to get them wee bed sides for my son and boot him out of his cot. He may not be happy lol. I need new bottles and a few new baby grows but thats it reallly.

So sorry I left people worrying. Just needed to get myself together. Felt overwhelmed with all this stuff, looking after kids and looking after father-in law and his brother.
I've decided I need to priorities and just look after my body and mind. A clean house and spending time cooking and eating well is helping. Even the kids seem happier.

nothing to be sorry for Laura, you have had a tough few months with your mum in law's passing and your pregnancy. hopefully now all will go smoothly x

Back