Lauras Diary of Incubating

Aw sorry you're not feelIng the greatest today.
Nice that you get to relax now-enjoy it! :D

It's all that work you did yesterday, you mad woman!!! ;) Glad you got to have a lie in and can relax now. Xx

Ugh what a nights and morning. I had the worst nights sleep. Took me ages dropping off, then I had horrible dreams about being attacked and bitten by snakes. I kept jolting awake everytime one bite me. Then I dreamt that one bite my son and he was blue and I couldn't get to him, I woke up crying. I couldn't settle after that, so about 1.5hrs sleep altogether. Then up, showered and dressed and off to hospital (1hr drive) for the glucose tolerence test. Landed and had to get bloods taken, then drink yucky sickly sweet flat drink, then back in another hour for second bloods and back a third time an hour later for the last blood test. They were sent off to the lab and they will either let me know during the week if I failed or not contact me at all which means I'm fine.

Came home and thank god hubby had beds made, the little bit of laundry folded and put away, son down for a nap and was laying on the sofa snoring! Nice for some.

I'll type up food later. Hope everyone is having fun today x

Ugh what a nights and morning. I had the worst nights sleep. Took me ages dropping off, then I had horrible dreams about being attacked and bitten by snakes. I kept jolting awake everytime one bite me. Then I dreamt that one bite my son and he was blue and I couldn't get to him, I woke up crying. I couldn't settle after that, so about 1.5hrs sleep altogether. Then up, showered and dressed and off to hospital (1hr drive) for the glucose tolerence test. Landed and had to get bloods taken, then drink yucky sickly sweet flat drink, then back in another hour for second bloods and back a third time an hour later for the last blood test. They were sent off to the lab and they will either let me know during the week if I failed or not contact me at all which means I'm fine.

Came home and thank god hubby had beds made, the little bit of laundry folded and put away, son down for a nap and was laying on the sofa snoring! Nice for some.

I'll type up food later. Hope everyone is having fun today x
Oh Laura.. Sorry hun.. Totally forgot you had the horrible test today.. Hope you don't hear from them and all is OK.. Am sure it will be.. Unless you have family history of diabetes??
xxx

Ew sounds vile!! I've got to have it done at about 28 weeks as my Dad is diabetic. Plus I'm overweight so would need it anyway. Really not looking forward to it. Hope you get a better night sleep tonight x

Ew sounds vile!! I've got to have it done at about 28 weeks as my Dad is diabetic. Plus I'm overweight so would need it anyway. Really not looking forward to it. Hope you get a better night sleep tonight x

Think the worst bit is not being allowed to eat from the day before. Doesn't help the morning sickness.

24+3 - MONDAY 02/09/2013

MONDAYS FOOD DAY

BREAKFAST
Sickly Glucose drink for test

LUNCH
M&S sm. prawn layer salad

DINNER
1 packet ranchero crisps
Glass diet coke

Not feeling it today. Made a chicken, broccoli and potato pie for the kids, hubbys uncle and hubby but couldn't stomach it. I'll have some toast before bed and a bit of cheddar I'd say.

Haven't much veg or meats left so I need to go food shopping tomorrow.

Last edited:
Think the worst bit is not being allowed to eat from the day before. Doesn't help the morning sickness.

Eurgh, I really struggle if I don't have toast within half an hour of getting up. Hope it's gone by 28 weeks!

Hmmm.. Rancheros... Yummmm

Yeah they were €1 for a bag of 6.

Eurgh, I really struggle if I don't have toast within half an hour of getting up. Hope it's gone by 28 weeks!

I haven't really had sickness in 2 weeks barr today and yesterday. Seems to go hand in hand with tiredness and not having breakfast now. Thankfully I'm off to bed now and will eat in the morning before I get the kids up. Hope I've no bad dreams tonight!

Hi hun sorry not been on here for ages,just catching up!cant believe how quick ur preg is going,see you've had some tough times sorry to hear about your mum In law I remember reading ur posts about u always being by her side through her illness.
I'm back on ww now and have a new diary so will check in more see how your doing xxxxx

Hi hun sorry not been on here for ages,just catching up!cant believe how quick ur preg is going,see you've had some tough times sorry to hear about your mum In law I remember reading ur posts about u always being by her side through her illness.
I'm back on ww now and have a new diary so will check in more see how your doing xxxxx

Hey Claire good to see you back. I'll have a look for your diary in a wee while when I get abit of time x

24+4 - TUESDAY - 3/09/2013

TUESDAYS FOOD DIARY

BREAKFAST
None - not feeling it

LUNCH
Smoked bacon and cheddar toastie.
Sparkling cranberry juice
Actimel 0% probiotic drink

DINNER
Chicken curry - I cheated and used Uncle bens curry sauce - added onion, courgette, spinach, chicken and mushrooms
Basmati Rice

SNACKS
2 turnocks snowballs

I've done the food shopping today so I've nice stuff in for lunch.

I'm really really exhausted today. I would love to just go to bed now this minute. Had another bleed today as well, think it was lifting the bags of shopping and stooping, so I'll not do that alone again. Been resting as much as possible today as well. Think I'll just stay about the house tomorrow and do a little housework and take it easy.

You should not be lifting those shopping bags... Jonathan doesn't even allow me do that!! (except Sunday just gone coz he was busy with sport!!!!)

Unfortunately if I didn't lift them no food would have made it to the house :rolleyes:. I also have to lift a 2 and a half year old in and out of the car, up and down from his cot and onto the changing mat. The no lifting rule only seems to apply to first time mom lol

Unfortunately if I didn't lift them no food would have made it to the house :rolleyes:. I also have to lift a 2 and a half year old in and out of the car, up and down from his cot and onto the changing mat. The no lifting rule only seems to apply to first time mom lol
Oh no Laura.. You really should try to not lift him so much.. I know its hard as he's your baby but you really can't take any risks... Just be careful xxx

Forgot to upload today pictures.

So 24+4.
Baby kick can now be felt by Hubby

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1378237235948.jpg
    1378237235948.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 1378237262588.jpg
    1378237262588.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 48
Back