1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Laura's gory details....

Discussion in 'CD Weight Loss Diaries' started by LauraJessie, 5 March 2014 Social URL.

1. LauraJessie

LauraJessie Member

Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd start a diary thread more for myself really than anyone else.

I've always been a chubba. Not a massive chubba, but definitely one you'd look at and think 'she could do with losing a couple of stone'.

From around the age of 8 I started to be the chubbiest kid and then that's carried on throughout my life. Lowest adult weight being 11.9 (I'm 5ft) and highest which is what I am now, 14.4 stone.

At my lowest I felt ace. I achieved that slowly but surely with WW. Lovely long walks, fitted dresses and just generally felling pretty good about myself. Met the fella, ate a lot, ate even more (he can eat whatever he wants and eats like a pig, typically thin though!) and it all crept on. Obviously I love him to bits but I have always hated the fact that I've piled it on and fitted dresses are far from being work at the moment.

I'm getting married in July though and I could not stand to have that feeling, the one I get on a regular basis, of just not being happy because I know that I can look good!! On my wedding day I want to look in the mirror and feel great! I want to tell them to tighten that dress up as much as possible because I won't have back boobs.

So, I've decided I need to eliminate food all together for a while because the more I thought about the wedding the more I was eating. I just couldn't stop troffing. I decided I need to have a booster weight loss that leaves me buzzing and realising that I can live without food. I will (when ready) then ease myself back onto WW and really appreciate food.

I'm on my second day today and actually so far I feel fine. I've been expecting the cold turkey effects which haven't happened yet so when they do I hope I can deal with them....well, I will deal with them, I just hope I don't kill the fella. I have my shakes, my breath spray and my Aloe Vera Colon Cleanser and these will be all I live on for at least 2 weeks. I've been told I can then consider diet drinks and Cambridge Bars. I want to do this properly!

Very excited and VERY scared of failure, but lets bring it on!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. LauraJessie

LauraJessie Member

Day 3 - Woke up a little more drowsy and a bit ratty but I am due on tomorrow (good diet start!) but other than that, again I feel pretty OK. Yes I do think of food a lot but not enough for me to go and stick my head in the fridge. Tonight will be a tester as I have to make scones (we have a cafe) so although I know I'm too soon in to crack, I might want to kill someone! Lets see :)

4. Soph2910

Soph2910 Well-Known Member

Good luck on your journey! You can do it! x

5. Clairioushilarious

Clairioushilarious Well-Known Member

Good on you for doing so well so far. Hope the scones haven't driven you mad!

6. LauraJessie

LauraJessie Member

Thank you both :)

Day 4 - slightly more headachy and had to take some ducolax which gave me stomach ache, but some of the headache and tiredness I do put down to being due on today. Still nothing like as bad as I expected although lots of food smells round me today. I'm doing a full roast lamb (usually do Hog Roasts) but luckily I don't like Lamb. If it had been a hog roast I would have cried as they are so delicious!

Feel like I may have crossed into the land of Ketosis today as my mouth has got that dry yucky feeling. As my consultant told me no gum or strips I am armed with a breath freshener spray which is more for making my mouth suddenly feel lovely and fresh. Can't wait until my Tuesday morning weigh in at this rate :)