Lauriel's Exante Diary.....

Hiya hun hope u don't mind me stopping by, I loved reading your first post, we sound as though we have a lot in common. I'm also a massive food and love cake, I bake celebrations cakes in my spare time but I've had to give up through fear of it ruining my weight loss, its a really hard thing to give up something you enjoy so much but I figure the weight loss is more important. I also did that crazy thing of falling into eating take aways too many times a week and I asked myself the same...why when I love cooking and I'm good at it?? O well its a thing of the past hey!!

Get that engagment ring sorted, I lost mine 6 months ago because it was too big and I can't even wear my beautiful wedding ring now as its massive!! Hubby said I can get it resized tho so will do that soon. I can't believe your MIL's comment, how rude!! Just ignore, its not important!! I will never forget a comment that was made to me, luckily it was by someone I dont give a hoot for but the night before my wedding she patted my tummy and said, "are u sure u don't have another in there?" I was mortified I had a 6 month old baby and had tried so hard to lose weight before my wedding but found it so hard being a new mum that I failed at every hurdle trying to shed the lbs, instead I put them on!! What a total cow that woman was hey...

Anyway, I'll shut up, loving your diary...good luck on the night shift!!xx

Hiya hun hope u don't mind me stopping by, I loved reading your first post, we sound as though we have a lot in common. I'm also a massive food and love cake, I bake celebrations cakes in my spare time but I've had to give up through fear of it ruining my weight loss, its a really hard thing to give up something you enjoy so much but I figure the weight loss is more important. I also did that crazy thing of falling into eating take aways too many times a week and I asked myself the same...why when I love cooking and I'm good at it?? O well its a thing of the past hey!!

Get that engagment ring sorted, I lost mine 6 months ago because it was too big and I can't even wear my beautiful wedding ring now as its massive!! Hubby said I can get it resized tho so will do that soon. I can't believe your MIL's comment, how rude!! Just ignore, its not important!! I will never forget a comment that was made to me, luckily it was by someone I dont give a hoot for but the night before my wedding she patted my tummy and said, "are u sure u don't have another in there?" I was mortified I had a 6 month old baby and had tried so hard to lose weight before my wedding but found it so hard being a new mum that I failed at every hurdle trying to shed the lbs, instead I put them on!! What a total cow that woman was hey...

Anyway, I'll shut up, loving your diary...good luck on the night shift!!xx

Hey hun, thank you - I am so glad you enjoyed reading my diary so far :D ..It means a lot.
I too bake cakes, bread and cupcakes in my spare time. Its something I really enjoy, I haven't done any baking since starting exante.
There is always one person that has to ruin the feeling of losing weight isn't there? Unfortunately for me its my FMIL :( ..Words couldn't express how angry I was about it. Mr Lauriel was mortified. I told my mum about it yesterday, she was pissed about it too. Its amazing how people's true colours can be shown in an instant.. :(
As for that woman who said that comment to you - how bloody dare she! You're a new Mum!!! I have come to the conclusion that people who pass these comments are miserable in their own lives so they feel the need to try and hurt others to make themselves feel better. I am trying my best to get another 4st shifted by July this year as Im hoping to begin looking for my wedding dress :)...Im on my last night shift tonight, then Im off for 4 days - I can't wait! :)

..Can you get your rings made smaller? I've been to the jewelers and asked and they said for my engagement ring it would be relatively simple. I've decided Im going to hold off getting it re-sized until I've lost all of the weight I need to get rid of! Until then Im ringless lol :) xx

oh dear oh dear. Feeling poop today, on sets of a nasty head cold accompanied by an excrutiating sore throat. On the up side....I weighed myself today and have lost 2lbs so far this week...It kinda picked me up a bit! :)

Hello Laura. Great posts. Yes - they can do a great job on rings, and you can get various sorts of very inexpensive ring snuggies on ebay etc.

Best revenge on FMIL is success and then keeping it off!

Ali

Hello Laura. Great posts. Yes - they can do a great job on rings, and you can get various sorts of very inexpensive ring snuggies on ebay etc.

Best revenge on FMIL is success and then keeping it off!

Ali

Thank you Ali! :)
I am determined to get it off and keep it off.....It almost killed her to pass comment that I had lost weight in the first place, so to make herself feel better she backed it up with that!

Im going to have a look at the ring snuggies, they seem like the best option for me at the moment. Once I've shed the 4-5stone I plan to lose then I shall get my engagement ring sorted! Luckily the jeweller said it should be very easy to adjust :)

lauriel said:
Thank you Ali! :)
I am determined to get it off and keep it off.....It almost killed her to pass comment that I had lost weight in the first place, so to make herself feel better she backed it up with that!

Im going to have a look at the ring snuggies, they seem like the best option for me at the moment. Once I've shed the 4-5stone I plan to lose then I shall get my engagement ring sorted! Luckily the jeweller said it should be very easy to adjust :)

Get the snuggies they are great and you can keep them until you stabalise your weight :)

I am going to order them today, I feel so weird without my engagement ring :(

i had to take all my rings off about a month ago must look into some snuggies

hope your feeling better today?

I feel so odd without mine. I've put it back in its box so I don't lose it.
Im feeling a little worse today, I think it has really started to kick in :( I was hoping to get the meds to kick its arse...But, its kicking my arse. I can barely swallow anything, so Im just sipping water and my shakes. I've been making my shakes up with ice cold water, it gives my throat a little soothing feeling :) Unfortunately it doesn't last long....I should probably abandon the diet while Im feeling poop but, I have no appetite so I may as well keep on truckin' with Exante...At least I know I'll be getting 100% of my nutrients this way :)

Soooo....Today I am feeling Poopy McPooperson. I can barely swallow :(...And, I am sat in work. I know, I know, I should be at home tucked up in bed...To be honest, I only called into work as we were so short staffed last night I didn't want to leave them in the same predicament tonight. Luckily we seem to be a few bodies up...So I may head home in a little while. I had to have something small to eat earlier, the tablets I am taking at the moment made my tummy feel a bit sicky, so I had a bread roll with pastrami and cheese in it and a cup of tea....It took me almost 45mins to eat the roll, I was eating crumb-sized bites! It was the softest food I had in the house lol....Oh well, at least it took away the sicky feeling :) I have my 3 shakes with me tonight, so I'll have my first one in a bit....I hopped on the scales earlier and was pleasantly surprised :) so that cheered me up a bit. I shall update my stats on Monday, official WI day :)

My Mum has been on exante for a week now, she loves the shakes and hates the bars...Particularly the toffee, nut and raisin one...She must have weird tastebuds, I really like the bars.... She is trying her best to get me to swap her bars for some of my shakes. I had to tell her no though, otherwise I'd have too many bars and not enough shakes...As we're only allowed 1 bar a day it wouldn't work :( ..She was a bit miffed but hey ho..She'll have to work her way through them

Today is the end of day 41 for me. I am feeling awful, my throat feels like its got barbed wire lodged in it, I've lost my voice, got a high temperature, ear ache and I just feel poo. I've only managed 1 shake today as my throat is so sore. I'm in bed now, just trying to rest up..Mr Lauriel is going to bring me another shake to try shortly :) ..Official WI tomoz - wish me luck!

Oh dear...Start of day 42. My throat is no better :( I could only muster one shake yesterday....Not cool, I know. Its just too painful to swallow and I slept a lot of yesterday and the whole of last night. Mr Lauriel didn't want to wake me - bless :) ....Today I REALLY must try and get my shakes down, I don't stand any chance eating a bar, so shakes it will have to be. I have an anti-septic anaesthetic throat spray so I'll wait for the anaesthetic side of things to kick in before attempting shake No1. As for me, today its pyjamas and bed rest! ..Mr Lauriel has to go to work :(

Ah you poor thing, you sound like youre really poorly. Try to get loads of fluid down you too, as this should really help flush the nasty toxins away. Hope you are feeling better soon x

Thank you :)

I've been sipping cold water all morning to try and keep myself hydrated.. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be a better day for me! I've been like it for 3 days now and its driving me bananas!! x

doing really well up until today - stuffedmyface.com. Feeling pretty s**t about it.

We all do it. Stop Beating yourself up over it draw a line under it and remember tomorrow is another day. Just try to get back on wagon ASAP and drink a bit extra. How you feeling? X

Im starting to feel better, my voice is starting to return :) ....I just don't know why I ate today. I feel pretty crap about it, I'm glugging lots of water at the moment, trying to flush it through my system. Tomorrow is shakes all the way for me x

Another thing popped into my head....FMIL was talking to me last week, she commented on my weight loss. After being tortured with an onslaught of questions, she noticed that my engagement ring was about to fall off my finger. I told her that I need to have the band made smaller to which she said 'But what happens if YOU GET FAT AGAIN?' ....I was totally speechless, not to mention hurt. How bloody rude! Firstly, I do not anticipate gaining weight again, second WTF has it got to do with you!? It wasn't just her saying that, it was the manner in which it was said.....Peevedoff.com!!!!!!! :mad:

Oh dear, that's awful! I think I have the ideal arrangement going on with my FMIL: we live in different countries, she doesn't speak english and I don't speak slovak :D She is a lovely lady, always gives me a hug and my Fiance tells me she likes me. But I'm at a safe distance even if that changes hehe :giggle:

lol Angel-Missy!! I kinda wish my FMIL was kept at arms length....I haven't seen her since that day, I've lost loads more weight since then, so Im wondering what she'll say next time she sees me - I bet I can guess that it will probably be nothing. Ohhhh wellllll teehee!! :)

Back