Law Of Attraction Vs Destiny

Lynn8124

Gold Member
Do you reckon you can change your reality by changing your thoughts and manifest whatever you want in your life or do you reckon your destiny is set in stone from the day you're born? Discuss.:)

I agree with Mary:)

I think we make several choices during our life. Some things my happen at random and influence our lives and choices (e.g. the family and culture we grow up with, we don't really control the familly where we were raised). However, as the time goes on and our cognitive habilities develop, our expectations, dreams, actions and so on have an important role on our lives. We're living systems, we are influenced by everyone and everything around us and we influence evryone and everything back too.

I love the law of attraction movie and there are several studies and evidence to support it.

Even in psychology we see everyday that people who feel depressed tend to see only the bad things and don't pay attention to the good things that happen to them, that way they act only based on their negative beliefs. When they change their perspective and start realising they actually have nice things happening to them (e. g. having someone who loves them, being good at a job, or even things like having a nice view from their window or have a nice person at work who always says good morning, everything counts and it's valuable). When people acknowledge those little great things and value them everything starts looking better, they act more on the positive thoughts and realizations;)

By the way, great thread idea Lynnella :)

x

I agree. Those little things count a lot. It's true that we should all count our blessings and focus on them instead of our problems. It helps us stay positive and less stressed out even when things seem to be crashing over our heads.

So true ;)

I too believe we can change our reality with thought and action. A couple of years ago I got into the Law of Attraction and the idea that I could sit on the sofa and think of what I wanted and it would just come to me was very appealing! I eventually realised that action was also required! Mind you I was depressed at the time!

I too believe we can change our reality with thought and action. A couple of years ago I got into the Law of Attraction and the idea that I could sit on the sofa and think of what I wanted and it would just come to me was very appealing! I eventually realised that action was also required! Mind you I was depressed at the time!

I agree, we have to believe that things are possible and use that belief to feel motivation and be pro-active towards our goals;)

I don't wholly understand the The Law of Attraction per se; but I do believe in positive affirmations as per the Louise Hay method.

Louise Hay's book "You Can Heal Your Life" uses positive affirmations and self mediating exercises is what got me motivated to start losing weight properly... I've been making excuses for years; then started all this positive thinking and visualisation including seeing myself as thin, healthy and energetic in a hot car and bag full of money beside me...

Almost 2 stone gone... still waiting for the car and the money! ;)

But my outlook on life has improved instead of negative thoughts I'm repeating positive mantras and looking constantly for avenues to act on them... e.g. a job opportunity came up and I applied for it along with 3 other VERY suitable and qualified people but I was the only one called for the interview!

It does work just preserve... and believe in yourself that you are doing the right thing... that all is well!

I don't wholly understand the The Law of Attraction per se; but I do believe in positive affirmations as per the Louise Hay method.

Louise Hay's book "You Can Heal Your Life" uses positive affirmations and self mediating exercises is what got me motivated to start losing weight properly... I've been making excuses for years; then started all this positive thinking and visualisation including seeing myself as thin, healthy and energetic in a hot car and bag full of money beside me...

Almost 2 stone gone... still waiting for the car and the money! ;)

But my outlook on life has improved instead of negative thoughts I'm repeating positive mantras and looking constantly for avenues to act on them... e.g. a job opportunity came up and I applied for it along with 3 other VERY suitable and qualified people but I was the only one called for the interview!

It does work just preserve... and believe in yourself that you are doing the right thing... that all is well!

Nice post:) Congrats for your loss ElectraBlue ;)

This has turned into a great thread! I have a couple louise hay cds but not read a book by her yet. I googled her last week to find out if she's still living (I kept thinking she's late 50s as in her pic on everything from the 80s) she's 84 and looks fantastic!

This has turned into a great thread! I have a couple louise hay cds but not read a book by her yet. I googled her last week to find out if she's still living (I kept thinking she's late 50s as in her pic on everything from the 80s) she's 84 and looks fantastic!

You let me curious so I googled her current pics. She really aged very well :)

Back