Laxatives

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by melarnz, 16 September 2009 Social URL.

1. melarnz

melarnz Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I guys - I cant believe I have been on this diet for 9 weeks....and now i start getting problems!!!

Which are the best laxatives to take? Im starting to feel really uncomfortable, so ones with quick effect would be great!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Is back in the saddle!

Start Weight:
    15st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.8lb(6.4%)
    Diet:
    5:2 Fasting
    Dulcolax are the best but you should also try Dulcoease first. Dulcoease is a stool softener and this is quite often more the problem that not being able to go at all. It's also much kinder. If that doesn't move things after a couple of days, then try the laxative. Don't forget to keep up the water.

Also, don't get obsessive and be patient and gentle with yourself or you could start a pendulum where you are going from one extreme to the other!!

4. chocolate_ee

chocolate_ee New Member

Glycerin pessaries !! I had to try these after my last birth - hadn't gone for a week !!
    30 minutes and it's all over !! Don't stray too far from the loo !!

5. melarnz

melarnz Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Thanks Girlies!!!

6. roundrachel

roundrachel Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    add psyllium husks to your drinks if you can. If that doesn't work then dulcolax is my preferred drug of choice! Hope things get moving soon. Don't go overboard with the laxatives. Things will work their way out eventually!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.