Laxitives?

Leanne1

Silver Member
I am eating loads of greens and drinking water as if it is going out of fashion and yet I am very constipated and uncomfortable, to the point where I can't eat dinner tonight and am having just 5g carbs in glucose form to inject insulin on. Is there a trick I am missing? Any advice please? :cry:

For the immediate: dulcolax

For the future: pysellium husks and the occasional mim should keep you right.

Laxatives

Hi Leanne1, constipation is problematic when low carbing and I take Psyllium Husk, 2 teaspoons in glass of water followed by another glass of water daily. These are available from any local Asian shop for around 80p per packet. Consuming flax also helps but if you are diabetic then Lactulose syrup is full of sugar (lactulose and galactose) so to be avoided, Deb xx

Can you take fibre gel on Atkins? I have been taking 1 Movicol every other day to try and keep things regular. I struggle normally without missing out on my bran flakes everyday! lol
xx

I read somewhere that Milk Thistle is an alternative laxative...its natural and helps cleanse your liver too. Im going to get some today, so will keep you informed:)

I'm pretty sure Lactulose is OK for diabetics, as my mum takes it sometimes...something to do with molecule size...but not absorbed like sugar.
M
x

Back