Lazy Garlic

I believe so as it's 'preserved' in oil, but don't know how many sorry.

That's interesting, because our consultant brought some in (along with lazy chilli) last week and said they were both free? Hmm

I could be wrong! Hope I am as I love this stuff but rarely use it due to the oil!

HIya - i use this stuff all the time - it's not soaked in oil - it's in white wine vinegar - same for the lazy ginger too... so presumably it's syn free - Syn free stir fry sauce - spoon of lazy ginger, garlic & red chilli's and soy sauce.... spicy and gooood! x

There seems to be TWO types of Lazy Garlic, according to the SW SynsOnline website:

EPC Very Lazy Garlic Paste, jar 1 level tbsp

red.gif
Original 1 Syns
green.gif
Green 1 Syns

EPC Very Lazy Garlic, jar^^ per 100g

red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free

You will have to check your jar and see which one you have. The paste has oil in it, the other one doesn't.

It is made by the English Provender Company - if you want to search for the syn value of its products SW calls it EPC - and the Very Lazy products have their own website:

Very Lazy - Homepage

Ah it's called epc! I was looking under The English.... lol

Excellent!

No - the paste also comes in a jar - I had this as a substitution on a Tesco delivery once.

You don't have to buy it from EPC either - as far as I know, Asda still do one in vinegar which is a lot cheaper!

Back