lean mean grilling machine

Halo

im toying with the idea of getting one, but not to sure.

What do you guys think of them, and are they worth it?:)

Would be nice to see the answers to this as I bought one yesterday lol

I prefer a griddle pan as it's easier to clean!

My brother and sister have both got a George Foreman grill, but I always found it hard to clean as the grill plates didn't come off (although I think on some models they do)

the trick with those types of grills is to wipe them down while they are still fairly hot, before the grease has time to set.. it's so much harder to shift it once it's cold..

I prefer to be able to scrub it in a bowl of hot soapy water - to me wiping things down even with a soapy cloth just isn't the same!

I only ever seem to use mine for cooking outside in the summer when i cant be arsed to light the barbeque!

Bee x

I like bacon steak and toasties done on the george but I use kitchen roll and wipe over soon as food is cooked and plates are still warm.then give a clean with hot water and cloth.

I love mine. It does lovely chicken breasts & bacon. I also make chicken, mushroom & pepper kebabs on skewers and cook those on it and they're gorgeous! It's so much quicker than doing things in the oven / grill.

HINT - remember to put the drip tray under BEFORE you start cooking - not when you see the bacon fat dripping off the worktop (hubby has done that twice now).

Oh and pittas with lf cheese slices & ham are lovely toasted in it - serve with SW coleslaw and it'd delicious!

When I first got one, I used it all the time. But then it got put away and now it is gathering dust. There is very little it can do that the frying pan and frylight cant, or the halogen oven.

That said, the cheese and ham pittas might be a good reason to get it back out :D

I prefer a griddle pan as it's easier to clean!

My brother and sister have both got a George Foreman grill, but I always found it hard to clean as the grill plates didn't come off (although I think on some models they do)

My feelings exactly! - I love my griddle pan - especially for my fillet steaks.

the trick with those types of grills is to wipe them down while they are still fairly hot, before the grease has time to set.. it's so much harder to shift it once it's cold..

This is what forced me to put mine away (sure I still have it somewhere - probably beside the sodastream etc.) I could not be bothered to wipe clean immediately - usually burning myself in the process:eek:

I had toyed with buying another, but have a griddle pan and Actifry which serve me well for now.

Steve

Back