Leek and Potato Soup

Smirky

Gold Member
Just had a quick look through and thought i had already seen a recipe for this? but can't seem to find it now;

does anyone have one please? thank you :) xx

From a web search (ciao):

LEEK AND POTATO SOUP Serves: 4
Points per serving: 1
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion, chopped
240g (8oz) leeks, cleaned and sliced
1 potato, peeled and quartered
900ml (1.5 pints) vegetable stock
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
salt and pepper 1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion slowly until soft but not brown.
2. Add the leeks and potato to the pan.
3. Stir in the stock, bringing to boiling point and then reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, until the potato is soft.
4. Blend the soup in a liquidiser or food processor or rub through a sieve.
5. Reheat and season to taste. Serve hot or cold, sprinkled with chopped chives.

or from my WW 'Time To Eat' cookbook:

Leek and Potato Soup
serves 2 /3.5pts per recipe/2pts per serving/15mins prep,30mins cook/170 Kcal per serving/Freeze

1 tsp sunflower oil
225g (8oz) leeks, sliced
225g (8oz) potatoes, peeled & diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
600ml (20 fl oz) vegetable stock
100ml (3.5 fl oz) skimmed milk
salt & pepper

1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the leeks, potatoes & garlic. Cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the stock to the pan & bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover & simmer for 25 mins.
3. Carefully ladle half the soup into a food processor or liquidiser, blend until smooth. Return blended soup to the pan, add the milk & seasoning. Heat through & serve the soup in warmed bowls.

Cookbook was published in 2002 so before 'frylight' - From recent 'Shop' book 1tsp sunflower oil is 1pt so if substitute can prob reduce points to 1.5 per serving.
I haven't tried either of these recipes - if you do let me know how they turn out :)Hope this helps x

thankyou sooshine!! massive help! :) xx

Back