Lemon sole

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Hannahkw1, 19 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Hannahkw1

Hannahkw1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Having a fish week, tried lemon sole tonight and it was disgusting. Fair enough I probably over cooked it, but still it was waaaay too soggy! And it had sooo many bones in! I just couldn't eat it!

The other fish I've got which I've never tried is plaice - place could someone tell me how long I should put it in the oven for in a foil parcel and on what gas mark?

Thanks very much in advance! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    Lemon sole is one of my favorite fish but I like it grilled, the same with plaice for me. I wouldn't put it in a parcel in the oven myself, if you aren't confident in grilling it, try putting it in the oven, sprayed with frylight and a little seasoning.
    Fish doesn't take long to cook so keep an eye on it.

4. Hannahkw1

Hannahkw1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks! I did grill the lemon sole! Was going to do 5 mins on each side as I was doing the first side I looked up in the internet how long to grill it and it said 3-4 mins lol by then it was over 5 mins and it had burnt abit.

So is 3-4 each side for plaice about right?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.