Lent challenge!!! Sticking to plan 100%

I weigh at group and our home scales are utterly random so it is a pointless exercise, especially as it doesn't change what I do (thank god for full week planning!)

How is everyone doing? I have sciatica now for some reason so going out for extra walks as planned isn't the best idea - I don't want to be walking holding my bum in public. Haha. Still keeping active, with a toddler you have to be! Another great day food/drink wise. Only had half a syn so far. Parent's have rushed out to buy cake. I said I want it all eaten before I get downstairs. Haha. I could weigh some and syn it or I might have some chocolate instead.

Think I should just make it 100% over the week - I went over my syns on Fri + Sat but only had 3 yesterday and going for 5 a day til WI.

I'm annoyed with myself cos on fri I was having friends round for dinner and made a super SW friendly dinner, there was one synful dish which I didn't eat any of, and I served everyone pudding (AMAZING baklava from the local Greek bakery) but didn't have any myself, but then ended up having three huge glasses of wine.

Same thing happened on sat, went to a pals house for dinner and made all healthy choices (including eating the filling from roasted veg vol au vents and giving the pastry to my OH) but then my friend got about a bottle of really nice whisky and I couldn't resist.

Basically I can be 100% on food without too much trouble but cannot control myself with booze. Annoying!

I wish i had some tips but I rarely ever drink so I might not be the best person. Would you have had all that wine if you had eaten some of the pud? A bit too much denial so you comfort with extra wine? Or is it that you don't 'see' the calories/syns in alcohol so much because it is liquid syns and not as glaringly synful as solid (food) items are? If you can unpick why you find the alcohol side more difficult you will be able to address it more effectively.

I'm still at 100% and under syns. I worked out my total should I average 10 a day, or 8 a day, and I have my two days left until WI with 8 syns each day plus 1.5 left over. Syns, healthy extras, superfree and fluids (and paper food diary all get a big tick. I'm less active as I would like due to this sciatica, but I'd rather take it easy and it get better sooner than push it and be out of action for longer.

Back