Lent...

I've given up both chocolate and crisps. Had my last piece on Wednesday a kitkat and I'm getting evil evil headaches.

I'm thinking its a direct result as I normally have at least two chocolate bars and two or three packets of crisps.

Wrt religious reasons I'm not overly religious but have always done lent. I also use the time to try do something in the community.

I'm a secondary school teacher so I try to show the kids. I practice what I preach

God well done kimbo, thats a hard ask. My friend is the same without choc, she gets headaches and the shakes. Like you im not overly religious but i only have choc and treats once a wk now so wouldnt be giving up much so gave salt as my offering . Its my first time doing lent since school :(:(:(

God well done kimbo, thats a hard ask. My friend is the same without choc, she gets headaches and the shakes. Like you im not overly religious but i only have choc and treats once a wk now so wouldnt be giving up much so gave salt as my offering . Its my first time doing lent since school :(:(:(

Its madness Im having real withdrawl symtoms :cry: i love sugar so i do!! Im craving sweets so bad!

On another note well done you with salt. when lent is done im gonna attempt salt. I put it on everything I am that girl who puts salt on a burger!! :eek:

Keep me updated of how you do, are you normally hydrated??

Its madness Im having real withdrawl symtoms :cry: i love sugar so i do!! Im craving sweets so bad!

On another note well done you with salt. when lent is done im gonna attempt salt. I put it on everything I am that girl who puts salt on a burger!! :eek:

Keep me updated of how you do, are you normally hydrated??

Oh im dreadful with salt my plate is literally white, it drives my hubby mad, but my 2 yr old is starting to want it on her dinner so i decided to give it up so she wont want it. The only other time i gave it up was when i was pregnant with her. Im on tabs for high blood pressure so hopefully between losing weight and giving up salt i can reduce my tabs. No im dreadful for drinking enough but have been better the last couple of weeks not that i notice a huge difference. Hopefully your headaches go soon its prob just the initial withdrawals . Keep us posted x x

I've given up chocolate and biscuits for Lent only problem I'm having us friends and family keep offering me chocolate even though they've been told what I'm doing still I'm sure they mean well! Hardest thing I've found so far is forgoing my hot chocolate drinks

Good luck everyone!

I have been good so far but I found out that Sundays don't count. I also counted the days from Shrove Tuesday to Easter and it's 47 days, so it would make sense to break it for one day a week, which makes it only 40 days of giving up your chosen thing.

I won't be having crisps at all but will have a 2 finger Kit Kat on a Sunday :).

Good luck to everyone.

WE CAN DO THIS!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh I forgot to say that my big thing to remember is not having chocolate on my cappuccino.

michbright said:
Oh I forgot to say that my big thing to remember is not having chocolate on my cappuccino.

We can allow that one cause its powder :)

I'm quite strict with myself. If it's got cocoa it's not allowed :)

How's everyone doing?
When does Lent end? is it Good Friday, or Easter Sunday?

Oohgood question i must google it. Im still off salt and think ill stay off it cos i really ave not missed it and used way way to much. How are you doin x x

Well i googled it and 2 different answers but most popular was easter sunday x x

Auburn said:
How's everyone doing?
When does Lent end? is it Good Friday, or Easter Sunday?

Easter Sunday, at least according to the local vicar anyway!

I failed :( was doing very well and had none until I had an accident at work just over a week ago been off since then and when I could eat had to have something that didn't require effort so made a chocolate spread sandwich ate it then two hours later realised could've kicked myself! So annoyed about it

How are you doing?

Damn... 2 days longer than I hoped! Thanks for letting me know though, much appreciated.

Sorry to hear of your accident, hope you are ok and on the mend :)

As for me, still no cakes & no biscuits. I had a Rice Krispie thing which allegedly had shortbread pieces in it, but a) this is bread by name haha and b) I didn't find any anyhow! And a piece of malt loaf, but after lengthy discussions with anyone who'd listen, decided this is bread not cake. Hurrah! It's the actual baking I have missed more than the eating to be honest..!

Today, there are MUFFINS at work. I would kill for one. Maim for half!!

Not long... Wahoo!x

Only 8 more days to go and I've had no crisps but will have chocolate tomorrow as it's hubby's birthday and you're allowed to break it on a Sunday :). We're having chocolate cheesecake made with Cadbury Philadelphia. Hope it tastes nice!

I think next year I'll give up bread and chocolate as I've been having toast with honey instead of chocolate. I wonder if there'll be an official definition of bread by then?

I'm doing okay broke it Friday because it Was my birthday. My lord I want crisps and chocolate!

I'm doing okay broke it Friday because it Was my birthday. My lord I want crisps and chocolate!

Aww happy birthday and you were soooo allowed to break it for that. Not long to go now and i even think im going to stay off salt cos i really didnt miss it x

Goose1 said:
Aww happy birthday and you were soooo allowed to break it for that. Not long to go now and i even think im going to stay off salt cos i really didnt miss it x

Thanks so much! Went out for Italian and drank a whole bottle of white wine ek. But I haven't touched my weeklys and was a good girl yesterday I swear

Well done to everyone and enjoy whatever you gave up tomorrow x x

Back