Extra Easy Lentils & Split Peas - Do you weigh for Soups?

TillyE

Hi guys,

I'm just starting Slimming World @ Home today.
I'm reading through all the material and going through my cupboards.
I wasnt to make a Lentil & Split Pea soup that I can use for the next couple of day.

On Extra easy it says that Lentils/Split Peas are Free Foods, yet in the Syns Calculations it says that 28g (about 1 heaped tablesppon) of each is free.

So my question is, do I have to count Syns if I make a soup with more than 28g of each pulse?

I know this might be a silly question, but I'm determined to do this right and I want to limit my Syns as much as possible to <5/day.

thanks in advance :)

If it's free you can have as much as you want - it's maybe for red or original that it gives you a portion size so you know how many syns. As far as I know anyway...

28g is the portion size... You can fill up on as many lentils and split peas as you like on Extra Easy as they're free. Just make sure that you also have 1/3 superfree alongside to give yourself the biggest and best chances of a loss.

It is also worth saying that you're recommended to have between 5-15 syns each day. Many people actually experience better losses when they have syns rather than not having them. They are as much a part of the plan as free, superfree foods and healthy extras. You should try and incorporate at least 5 syns a day to really embrace the plan. If you want to avoid chocolate/sweets and eat more sensibly, you could always use the syns on things like sauces, dressings, mayo etc. or on healthy fats like avocado, nuts or oils.

I think it is great that you're really trying to do SW the right way - we're here if you need to ask us anything else. Good luck!! xx

Back