Starting Over

porkscratching

Silver Member
Where to start? I am back on the band wagon - following Slimming World but due to health issues I have to do quite a bit of tweaking - I had a stem cell transplant in July and have something called GVHD in my liver and gut plus I am immuno compromised, so no berries, no fresh soft fruit, salad, water unless sterile, limited protein, no fish, no raw veg, no deli counter food, no cream cheese/soft cheese. So it's a bit make it up as I go along ....
Current weight 15stone 6lb and goal weight of 12 stone.
Sunday 14th Jan 2018.
I'm following what I remember of SW and once the winter bug season is over will look at joining a group - it's too risky with my immune system at the moment and I'll be aiming for 10000 steps a day - again cannot go to gym/pool due to infection and virus risks. Struggling with anxiety and probably depression as well, but hoping that a bit of structure and accountability with this diary will help me focus.
Mixed bean curry - also known as the fridge clearout (1/3rd tin of Heinz lentil curry, 1/3rd tin beans and a bit of leftover M&S Cauliflower Salad - simply mixed and microwaved with a Quorn Crispy Chicken Fillet as it was in the freezer. My partner's youngest daughter is vegetarian but refuses to eat Quorn as it tastes too like meat for her and I think she believes I'm somehow putting meat in them! 3 syns for the Quorn fillet.
Water and tea using HEA. Plan is to make a sort of veg/speed soup using up what I have in the fridge and cupboards for later and tomorrow and some oatcakes which I am going to out down as a HEB .... and that's pretty much day 1 - unless I fall into the Xmas chocs ... I must find a group to donate them to - there's 2 tubs of Celebrations and Roses unopened and another box nearly empty and a box of Milk Tray and a box of M and S chocs - I can't bear to just throw them out but at the same time I don't need/want them!
Happy Sunday everyone and here's to a great week - good luck folks :)

Hi,

wow sounds like you've been having a really hard time health wise.

best of luck getting back on plan.

sometimes having a focus like getting to your goal weight can help with anxiety and depression, hope you're getting the help and support you need.

subscribing x x

Welcome back to being back on the band wagon. :)

Good Luck with Slimming World and keep focused.:)

Do you have any homeless people on the streets or a homeless group near you. They would welcome the chocs.

Welcome porkscratching! :) I'm sorry to hear you are suffering with your health at the moment. It's good that you are back on the bandwagon. I'm just doing SW at home as well. I'm hoping to join online on pay day.
Look forward to following your progress, good luck! x

Back