less calories at dinner time??

lizzi

I'm thinking of starting slimfast next week...but wondering if anyone's tried it with a slightly lower calorie (eg 400kcal) dinner - I don't know that I could eat 600kcal worth in one go!! Also, thinking it might speed up weight loss??

I don't know. You'd be suprised how ravenous for real food you can be at dinner time! Also, you don't want to take in too little calories because then your body might think you are starving itself, and go into starvation mode... in which it will horde everything you eat as fat in order to protect itself.

LR

hi lizzi, i made the mistake when i first started that you had to have a 600 cal meal but realised that you can (and i do) or have a lesser meal but add a pud into it and then you've still got a snack for later on.

and as lr says if you have too few calories you could put yourself in starvation mode which defeats the object lol.

now though i have a really big meal mainly of salad and a ready meal and have my blue ribband as a pud. i suppose if you have a sweet tooth its what works best for you, unfortunately i've got both sweet n savoury so can't win lol

If you starve yourself your body stores fat

Hmm true. I"m not set on doing slimfast though, I'm worried it'll trigger sugar cravings!!!

Hmm true. I"m not set on doing slimfast though, I'm worried it'll trigger sugar cravings!!!
Hi :) I've got a really sweet tooth, I find the meal bars are sweet enough, and when i'm having a real craving I have skinny cow hot choc and a meringue nest for my snack, both so sweet they taste to good to be allowed, but they are :D
I'm going to get nearer my goal before I try tackling my sweet tooth!

Hmm, fair enough! I'll see how I go on low cal or a while then give it a go if it's not worked! Problem is, I do get hooked on sugar really easily so it may do mroe harm than good! Haha! x

Probably a stupid question but what happens if you are eating loads but its all low calorie stuff? e.g. my dinner tonight is stir fry prawns & veg. Its nowhere near 600 calories but I am completely stuffed full and couldnt eat another bite! But now I am bothered that I havent eaten anywhere near the calories I need.... Help!

Cheers!
xx

The snack bars are good for cravings. Try sugarfree jelly, thats good too. For an extra kick replace the cold water in the jelly with diet coke... mmm yummy! The Skinny Cow "sandwiches" r nice too, as are their hot chocs, coco pop cereal bars are under 100kcals so a nice change.. watermelon BLAH BLAH BLA!

Lol ur so cute! Its amazing how many things we have here that u dont have in america!! Google it! ;o) x

I like my meringue on top of a lemon pie thank-you-very-much....

Just by itself? ew....

FREAKS! Lol...

LR

Lol we're not freaks!

And spod; I think if u eat til ur full, thats ok, its just going without for the sake of it that doesnt make sense! x

Cheers!

xx

Back