Less of the fiddling and more of the doing! Fiddlermum's SW diary to get to goal.

OMG the syns in the crustless quiche
that is the sort of thing I too would have bought
which has also made me think of food for next week
I think I will do a veggie fritatta for during the week make lunches simple so thanks for the reminder - now all I will need is the shopping :)

your afternoon sounds heavenly :0
what is it you are reading

I know - what on earth have they crammed into that quiche to make it so syn heavy? There must be a chocolate bar or three hidden in there!

Veggie fritatta sounds delish! I love eggs but don't often make eggy things as two of my girls absolutely loathe them and I can't be bothered making separate meals for everyone. I'll make it for myself one day.

Am reading a thriller by Matt Hilton, 'Cut and Run'. First book I've read by him I think, but I'm liking the way he writes - I'm becoming quite fond of the central character which is a good sign!

Do you read much?

since my knee was done I seem to have done little but read - several classics I downloaded on the kindle for free and I am going to download chocolat and lollipop shoes next as they are supposed to be very good - I dont have the powers of concentration to read anything too complicated
I have also been doing a few small sewing projects and some hand spinning - now to think what to do with the yarn
I have just been looking for my Mei Tai (baby carrier) pattern as they are so easy to sew and a friend of mines friends daughter is about to have a baby and I have so much fabric I thought it would be a good pressie :)

good morning how are you today
I woke up to sunshine so got up had a shower and now its thundering
off to get the groceries - such lovely events in my day ahead
I hope yours is going to be better than mine :):)

Afternoon - sorry am a bit late on today.

Am very impressed at you being able to sew - such a handy skill to have. I play violin and paint and draw, none of which are particularly practical, and can't sew at all! Mum tried to teach me knitting but I was useless at that too lol.

Has been beautiful here today although is clouding over now. Took the younger girls over to the bowling green in our village as they were holding a fun day. Left the girls there with a few pounds to spend and I spent the afternoon reading in the garden again! Am finding I have more and more time to myself as the girls get older. I'm not complaining!

Decided after a while I should do some exercise, as I've done virtually nothing this week. So put on my trainers and went for a brisk half hour walk along the hillfoots to the next village and back. Is a lovely walk through the trees. So feel quite virtuous now! Planning to do a lot more walking from now on.

Have been very good diet wise. Menu for today:

HEX a - 350ml skimmed milk

BF - 35g fruit and fibre (HEX b) with banana and Muller light

L - Rice salad from yesterday - rice, peppers, sweetcorn, peas, mushrooms. 1 apple.

Snack - couple of slices of cold ham

D - Smoked fish, yet more rice salad to finish it off, broccoli and cauliflower.

Haven't used any SYNS today so think I will have a curly wurly tonight as a treat. Have had them sitting in the fridge all week!

Really should have rushed around and done some housework today as will probably be in work most of this week, but just can't be bothered. Been reading through all the books I got at SW when I joined instead. Might take tomorrow off (we have our own business so can be pretty flexible) and catch up then.

Hope you have managed to do something better than grocery shopping today!

well to add interest I did change my phone and got to the farm to tend the veggies (well DH did while I sat in a chair) he harvested while I sat and started to prepare the broadbeans for dinner :) and then did some reading in the sun
really lovely afternoon here much to my surprise

enjoy the curly wurly :)

Been good today. Went for very brisk half hour walk again. As there are lots of hills on the route I can really feel it in my butt and legs so must be doing some good!

Food for today:

350ml skimmed milk (A)

BF - 35g fruit n fibre (B) with sliced banana and grapes, with muller light poured over (yummy, still my fave breakfast)

Snack - more grapes

L - 2 cumberland sausages (11 syns, they were worth it - gorgeous), bacon, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms

Snack - nectarine

D - Pork chop, potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and sweetcorn

Am starving. Can smell those pork chops cooking :drool:

I have noticed that you love that breakfast
I had fruit yog and flax seeds today and I really love it - might change the seeds for some cereal some days :) must get something with lots of fibre though

do you have long to wait for dinner
I THINK if the rain stays away DH and I might go for a short walk with the dogs before dinner tonight - I cant go far but it will be my first proper walk with the dogs
most likely about 20-30 mins but it wont be brisk like yours that I do know

I might walk along the area below the secondary schools and back and time myself then try each week to do it quicker and quicker or extend it in the same time

I cant wait to teach this pair of dogs to do exercise walking with me :) DH home in 20mins decision will be made then :)

I have noticed that you love that breakfast
I had fruit yog and flax seeds today and I really love it - might change the seeds for some cereal some days :) must get something with lots of fibre though

do you have long to wait for dinner
I THINK if the rain stays away DH and I might go for a short walk with the dogs before dinner tonight - I cant go far but it will be my first proper walk with the dogs
most likely about 20-30 mins but it wont be brisk like yours that I do know

I might walk along the area below the secondary schools and back and time myself then try each week to do it quicker and quicker or extend it in the same time

I cant wait to teach this pair of dogs to do exercise walking with me :) DH home in 20mins decision will be made then :)

Dinner is done and dusted - was lovely! My problem is that I just love food - all types!

Good for you on attempting walking. Mind not to overdo it though!

We don't have a dog but I've often thought they are good for making you get out and about and exercising more. Our girls would love a dog, but they will just have to content themselves with our 3 guinea pigs!!

you could put a lead on them and take them out :):)

DH would not let me go for a walk BUT has said if its not raining and I have had a pain free day we will do it tomorrow
(they are not totally pain free - just not painful like they were) so I am now looking forward to tomorrow

glad you enjoyed your dinner
I have the same problem as you (well not meat or fish but I do like my food)

Believe it or not, the girls do take the pigs out for little walks... well two of them at least. The third absolutely loathes the harness thingy and refuses to be strapped in so she just has to sit in the run whilst the other two have a trot around the park, eating the grass lol. They love it!

Did you manage to get out today? Mad weather here - sun, then absolutely torrential rain and thunder and lightning! Bonkers.

Okay day today although haven't eaten enough really as need to go shopping and can't be bothered.

I was working earlier and dashed out for some lunch. Grabbed one of Morrisons pasta pots because I thought it was a good option - pasta, chicken and veg in a tomato based sauce. AFTER eating it I checked the syns - looks like it was 14.5!!!! When will I learn to check before I buy or eat?

So menu for today, which has been very dull:

350ml skimmed milk A

BF - fruit n fibre, apple, muller light (what a surprise)

L - Morrisons pasta and chicken salad pot - 14.5 syns :banghead: , fresh fruit salad

D - Tuna, sweetcorn, tomato, cucumber, tbp extra light mayo - 1 syn

A bit hungry still... ho hum.

WI tomorrow... I've been as good as I could be and have done a fair bit of exercise so we will see if that reflects on the scales.

I am sure weigh in will be good to you
do you have the app on your phone so you can check syns whilst on the move
I think (learning from you) I will have to have a short list of foods I can grab and go whilst out that are not too horrendous on the syns front what I tend to do now is keep a piece of fruit and a health b of alpen lights in my bag

I am sure weigh in will be good to you
do you have the app on your phone so you can check syns whilst on the move
I think (learning from you) I will have to have a short list of foods I can grab and go whilst out that are not too horrendous on the syns front what I tend to do now is keep a piece of fruit and a health b of alpen lights in my bag

Yes I do have the app on my phone, it's great. But I had left my phone in the office by accident, so had to wing it. Oh, getting my phone replaced tonight btw!

Yes, I think I need to do the same regarding always having snack type foods in for an emergency. I really need to do a big shop so will have a think about what it would be good to stock, apart from fruit that is.

Gorgeous day here today.

Wi tonight... have been totally on track and within my points so by rights should have a loss. BUT is totm so might not get the result i am looking for. Really want to get back into the tens.

Will show next week if that's the case.

Think i will be in the office at some point today although planning to do some work at home. Will go for a walk first though.

Off to the office in a sec. Managed to go out for a quick run first. Am restarting c25k and have downloaded an app to my new phone. SO much better than my last app and can listen to the radio at the same time! Grd

so weigh in - either you are there or you are getting ready to go
good luck
I lost a pound today
well done on starting the c25k how did it go

Well after a week of being brilliant i only lost a measly half pound. So unfair. Felt really cheated so came home and drowned my sorrows in a bottle of vodka. So prob wont lose this wk either. Great.

Well done on your pound loss!

no its not unfair but its not a true reflection remember our weight fluctuates so much from day today that I bet if you weighed in the day before to today it would show something quite different
have a few glasses of extra water to help flush out any fluid you are retaining due to totm :)

Back