Lesson Learnt :0(

Helen Clark

Hello Everyone

I learnt a lesson today. Although i should have guessed it would happen.

My collegaue/boss and I used to head down the cafe every 2 weeks or so for a fry-up lunch (more grilled than fried), and he asked if I wanted to go today.

Not wanting to poo-poo his invite, I decided that yes I can go, and decided in my head that I would have bacon, mushrooms, egg, tomatoes and baked beans.

Lovely - it looked really appetising. I could see the egg had a little oil around it, so I thought I would syn that. Mushrooms and tomatoes and bacon appeared to be dry fried. I really enjoyed it, didn't particularly miss the chips, sausage or hash brown, or the toast....

About an hour after I got back to work, I had the most excrutiating pain in my tummy and had to run to the loo. Everything, and I mean everything (or so it felt) departed.

I was quite amazed at the effect just the little amount (or so it seemed) of oil had on my body. I also have no gall-bladder so am intolerant of fatty or rich foods as a rule.

I wonder if I have a sneaky weigh tomorrow whether I will have lost anything :0)

Also, I am wondering whether any of the fat was absorbed into my body in that short time, and whether I need to syn it now !!!!!

Oh Dear! Sounds awful! Hope your stomach has calmed down now.
p.s - I would syn the oil just to be on the safe side.

Back