Let's get this Party started!!!!

Heya, Just read ur diary posts and can I say you are doing so well, with the exercise and healthy eating and I really like the challenge...it's so true I feel like I am lazier at the end of the year and it's so cold here...

Thank you Hope :)
Really appreciate the encouragement!

Update: I forgot to weigh myself today so I'll be weighing in tomorrow and summarizing my week.
I hope everyone reading this had a brilliant week and i'm wishing you all great successes in your weight loss!

argghh I'm having a reallly hard time not eating more right now! I didn't do an exercise video today, which is no good. I did do a lot of dancing around for about an hour though. I'm not sure why I wanto to eat so bad right now, I think i'm just bored. But I'm going to stick to my guns! I've had 1800 cals today and I'm going to stick with that.
I'm weighing myself tomorrow and I'm really hoping for good progress. Even if it's just 1 pound I'll be very happy.

So I ended up "giving into temptation" last night, so that was my higher calorie day, I have to be good for the rest of the week. While I did give into temptation at least I can say it was only healthy foods!

Ok, so to recap last week, I did 5 days of exercise videos, one day where I did "dancing" for 2 hours and one day where I was cooking all day and on my feet all day, so therefore was very active I'd say.
All in all not a bad week;as always it could have been better, but not bad either, I will get better with time.

Slightly discouraging is that I gained a pound this week, but I'm not going to let it get me down because I know for a fact that it's not a pound of fat, that's not even possible. I've been seeing results in my body, mostly feeling it. my arms, hips, and thighs are slimming down, and my stomach is getting flatter. Granted, it's not a HUGE change yet, but it's progress and I'm very happy about that :)
I don't know exactly why I weigh more this week, it's not TOTM or anything, but anyways so long as it's not fat I'm just fine with it :D

I'm going to try to do better than last week this week. I need to drink more water, try being a little more active during the day, do some extra dancing on top of my exercise vids on some days at least, go out and enjoy the snowy weather, and eat heathier foods!
I know this week is going to be great!! :D
Next week I'll be taking measurements for December too, I'm really excited about that so I want to do extra good so I can see really good results!

Great day!

I did a 40 min exercise vid and then I went out climbing hills with my brothers for 2hrs and a half. so yea I think I'm covered on the exercise front
I dank enough water, in the form of tea, not that much, but I think sufficient for winter
ate 1800 cals.
today was good, I am happy :)

That's a brilliant day, well done Hun xx

Thank you! Days like that are the ones that keep me going :)

Today was pretty good too, not as active though. I did 50 minutes of exercise and 14 minutes stretching exercises, my body was pretty sore (still is!)

Ate about 1850 calories today, all healthy stuff (woohoo!)

Read a bit about weight loss/fitness today, which is something I really love doing. Whenever I read about weight loss it really gives me a boost of motivation, and shows me that it can be done, even if it's things that I already know. I especially love pulling quotes from different articles/books.

Oh, I did really well with my water intake today! Super happy about that!

I think I'm starting to get into the groove of exercising more. As in it's becoming funner and I feel like I can do more and more, I feel like I'm able to challenge my body more, it's really great!

A well deserved "lazy day" today.

I did a 20 minute workout video and some light dancing for about an hour, but was less active than usual because my body is quite sore and I'm getting a little run down. When I was doing my exercise video I almost felt like throwing up. I'm hoping that doing a little less than usual today will give my body time to recover so that I can do better tomorrow!

1800 calories again today, which is good, aaaaaand all healthy stuff, which is even better. Had loads of veggies for dinner, so I'm really proud about that :D

I realized today that I've been at this (again) for almost a month and haven't yet had a major slip up! I'm SOOO proud of myself for that! In the past I would have slipped up and "binged" a time or two by now, but not this time! Wowie! I think I'm really getting the hang of things, this is really happening, and it's soo exciting!
I'm also really happy because two workouts from now I will have completed Turbo Jam round 1!! That's huge for me because I've quit on exercise programs before, but I'm getting through to the end this time, not giving up, and i"m going onto round 2 next week.
Also, if I do 1 more workout I will have completed my goal of doing 19 workouts this month! And I will do those last workouts (3 more this week) So I'm achieving my goals and boy, you have no idea how happy that makes me! Or actually, you very possibly do :) Which is why this forum is awesome, others can really appreciate what it feels like to achieve a goal. It's completely priceless.

I'm also feeling very chuffed that the amount I'm eating doesn't feel like dieting anymore at all. I don't feel in the least bit deprived and I think that's part of what's helping me stick to this!

I was reading through other diaries today and it really encouraged me that everyone slips up, sometimes in small ways sometimes in big ways, and sometimes it takes more time to "get back up again". And that's OK! Because as my signature says it's not instant results, it's long-term success! In the end if I only reach my goals in a year from now or even a year and a half that's still success and so much better than being the same weight, or fatter in that much time!!
It's ok so slip up, we all do it, the key is to get back to it as soon as you can!

I know what you mean. Its crazy how this time we're actually sticking to it and working out and it seems easier.

Your post made me very happy.

Exactly elm, we're doing this! Isn't that strange yet awesome?
I just think back to all the times I decided I was going to lose weight, and then it didn't happen... but not this time!

Anyways, today was a relatively hard day. I think I'm having SAD... With the gloomy weather and the cold it seems my spirits are a little low... However I am happy to report that I exercised anyways today for 40 minutes. I reaaaaaally didn't want to, and it was more difficult that it usually is, but I did it, and I"m glad I did.
I was also thinking to myself that usually when things start to get tough like this --I have a hard time finding the motivation to exercise, my workouts get harder, etc-- there is a breakthrough on the way. When the rough patch is over I've usually made big progress with my weight loss and my energy rises dramatically. So I'm going to keep trudging ahead, as hard as it may be... :)

Today I've had 2000 cals.. I decided to have a higher calorie day, because I realized that I haven't been sticking to higher calorie days every 3 days recently. My goal is to lose weight slowly but steadily without sacrificing my energy levels and maintaining a fast metabolism. The main book I read about weight loss (Tom Venuto's "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle") says that putting your calories back up to maintenance every 3 days ensures that you never go into starvation mode.
The thing that discourages me from doing that is I really do want to lose weight faster in the end, so in some ways I'd rather just lower my calories more everyday... But I think exercising more will be healthier anyways, and is what the program recommends. So I'm going to continue increasing my exercise (to 7 days a week, then Cardio 7 days and Strength training 3 days.. increase the time I spend on each activity..)

Anyways back to my day: I'm proud of myself because I made cookies for my brother, and at first planned on eating 6 but instead only ate 4.

Tommorrow is the last day on the Turbo Jam program before I'm finished!!!!! YAY!!!!! so friggin happy about that! Not because it's over but because I made it!
I will be working out on Sunday as well.. probably with something from the BBL collection..

Was a big naughty today, I'd say about 2000 calories.
I'm going to pull myself back together right away tomorrow! No excuses!
I didn't have to go overboard, but I did, and that's not acceptable.
Tomorrow I'll be out most of the day which should hopefully keep me from overeating.
Probably going to be eating at subways :D, which is really nice. I NEVER eat fast food. The last time I've eaten at subways was in July, so I'm going to make sure I don't overdo my calories, and have a nice sandwich :)

On the plus side: I completed Turbo Jam round 1!!!!!! Very proud of myself because once again I REALLY didn't feel like exercising, but I did anyways, and I'm proud of myself for that
Tommorrow I plan on doing an exercise video as soon as I get home!
I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that this exercise thing will get easier soon. Not easier as in requiring less energy, but easier to motivate myself, I want to feel like exercising again.
Anyways on my grand trip out tomorrow my Mum wants to buy me an outfit for christmas. I'm thinking a nice wintery dress, because if I get it tight-ish it'll probably still fit me for long enough after I lose weight.
Tomorrow should be a good fun day! Looking forward to it :)

Ok so summary of today:

Food was OK. Had Subway for lunch, as planned, but only ate veggies for dinner, and overall had 1800 cals! Woot! Probably shouldn't be so happy about that but I am because I broke the 2000 cals vicious cycle :p
I didn't exercise today, altho I was out shopping for a fair bit of the day, so I got in a lot of walking.
That puts me at 5 days of exercise for this week.
I think I'm going to make my exercise goal for next week 6 days with 4 days cardio, 2 days strength training, and then increase from there.
If I can put in 7 days of exercise I will tho.
I'm starting to realize that I'm a slow beginnier. I've read in serveral places that for some people it can take from 6 to 8 weeks to lose any weight at all. I'm not sure why that it (altho I've heard a lot of theories) but the weight does start to come off eventually and I've just got to hold on till that starts to happen. It's tough, but it's not tougher than living the rest of my life as a fatty :p
Weigh in is tomorrow, and I kind of have this feeling like I won't have lost anything, or at least nothing much, which is a little discouraging because I really have been trying hard. No snacking, no going over my calorie limits (ok so 400 calories over but really that counts towards my high calorie day, since I didn't really have a proper one of those), and I have been exercising.
I can up the exercise though so I'm going to do that, building up to 5 7 days cardio, 3 days strength training.
Other than that i'm just going to have to be patient, and appreciate the little changes in my body as they come.

PS:
goals for next week:

*4 days cardio, 2 days strength training
*drink at least 2 liters of water (I've lessened the water because it's winter, so i don't feel I need as much as in summer)
*eat 1800 cals 3 days, followed by 2400 1 day
*Do light dancing on everyday I can!
*watch out for the christmas crap! STay away, or at least limit portion sizes!

My mum bought me for prettiest outfit today, I REALLY love it! And a good winter coat as well, which I really needed so I'm very very happy! Can't wait to wear it :)

Goals completed: Finished Turbo Jam Round 1, starting on Turbo Jam Round 2 tomorrow!! sooo exciting!
-Made it through my first month since re-start! Woot!! They say the first month is the hardest, I hope that's true!! :)

weigh in tomorrow.. ARGHHHHHHHH

So Weigh in this morning, STS ARGHHHHH!!
That was dissapointing because I have been trying quite hard, not cheating, not sneaking in extra food or anything.
Anyways, I knew this might happen, but I need to forge a head anyways.
I was thinking of lowering my calories a bit, because I mean people on here seem to be eating very little compared to me! But I checked my TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and it's at 2400 for me if I'm doing 3-5 days of exercise a week. so I'm taking in 600 less calories than that on a daily basis, and I think that's low enough. I don't want my metabolism to lower. When I'm done my diet I don't want to be stuck with a slow metabolism only being able to eat 1000-1200 calories for the rest of my life in order to maintain as I've seem some people have to do. That's not my idea of a full life. when I'm at my ideal weight I still want to be able to eat about 2000 calories a day to maintain, which I can do If I exercise at a moderate amount.
BUT I do think I need to try more on the exercise front. I should start to do 7 days a week. Now I'll be happy with 6 for this week, but I'm still shooting for 7! The more I up the exercise the more calories I'll be burning and the faster I'll be losing weight. I also want to make sure I'm doing strength training regularly so I can up my metabolism.
I'm going to refresh my memory on things that boost metabolism and start doing some of those on a daily basis!

Slightly encouraging is I did lose about 3 inches this past month. That's not a lot my any means, but it does mean that I am losing some fat regardless, and I'm happy for that.

You have a good plan going for you!

I understand what you're saying about people eating 1000-1200 calories. The only reason I eat around 1200, is because it fills me up, but I do understand your side as well.

That's a lot of working out, I would recommend having one day off for your body to rest but I sometimes have a hard time doing this myself haha.

I know it's a lot of exercise, but I think right now I need a lot of exercise because I think that's what my body will respond to. I do a lot of cardio, but I don't do that much strength training which is what usually makes my body sore and then I feel I have to recover from. When I lose the weight I'll probably go down to 5 days of working out.

Anyways I think I'm going to lower my calories to 1700. That should help a little bit. I think my body just needs some time to respond.

Today 1800 cals, 1 hr exercise, Cardio and Abs workout. It was really fun!
Yesterday's workout was still the best though, REALLY enjoyed that.
Which reminds me, i'm getting my groove for exercising back! Very happy about that. The weather is still a little depressing buuuut I'm dealing.
Made crumble today, yum but not too healthy....
have a great week all!!

Got up late and then went out shopping for most of the day = only got to exercising at 8:30. I did 20 minutes. I'm just really proud of myself that I actually did it! Most of the time when it starts to get late evening there is NO WAY I'm doing exercise. So I'm really proud of my body that it actually wanted to do that workout!
And maybe a day where I exercise less is a good thing, because I really plan on kicking it the rest of the week!

As far as food goes, it's a 2400 calorie (maintenance for me) day. I've gotten up to 1900 cals so far.. trying to get the rest in, but it's pretty hard.

I'm really starting to love this journey. I get to challenge myself everyday and I'm constantly learning more about my body. It's really fun. I'm also glad it's pretty hard for me because that just makes it more of a challenge and funner in the end. I'm at this point where I really love to exercise and eating heathy/ less is fun as well, because I have to constantly think about what I'm putting in my mouth. I guess for some ppl that's not fun AT ALL! It wasn't for me at the beginning either.
Anyways, all that to say, I"m having fun! Dieting is a blast, and it's also something that I get to do just for me, which in itself makes me happy :)

The Journey said:
I'm really starting to love this journey. I get to challenge myself everyday and I'm constantly learning more about my body. It's really fun. I'm also glad it's pretty hard for me because that just makes it more of a challenge and funner in the end. I'm at this point where I really love to exercise and eating heathy/ less is fun as well, because I have to constantly think about what I'm putting in my mouth. I guess for some ppl that's not fun AT ALL! It wasn't for me at the beginning either.
Anyways, all that to say, I"m having fun! Dieting is a blast, and it's also something that I get to do just for me, which in itself makes me happy :)

I understand you completely, I feel the same way.

Screw up alert!
Yesterday I went on a binge. I'm not sure exactly what happened to bring it on, but I got ravenous and just couldn't stop :(
Well, let's try to stay positive. I did do 50 minutes of sculpting yesterday as well (feeling it today!). I ate well (veggies, fruits and all) until about 7PM.
I'm not going to excuse myself. I did binge and I didn't have to do that. I could have tried harder. And I will. Today I'm shooting for 1700 cals (1100 so far). I did exercise but only 20 minutes. I was aiming for 40 mins but I feel really tired for yesterday. So I'm going to listen to my body, because last time when I didn't it let to giving up and I don't want to do that again!

I'm doing well today, and I'm going to make sure I have a brilliant month. What happened yesterday happened, but I'm going to let it teach me that when i start to go "overboard" I can no longer control myself. so I can never go overboard. I need to stop myself before I begin!

Today was O.K. I could have made it better though! I need to get my groove on and be motivated to do my best no matter what!

I ate 1900 cals today. Not good. I should have had 1700 at most. I HAVE to get back in control of my appetite and eating, it's really not helping me!
I did do an hour of exercise today which I am chuffed about :)

My diet needs some help though!!
I'm going to do some light dancing to burn off some extra calories I've ingested! and then bed (I'm sooo tired which is good! means what i'm doing to workout is working :))

Recap of the week:

Exercise: 7 days :D Goal complete
Day 1: 30 mins Cardio
Day 2: 60 mins Cardio and Abs
Day 3: 20 mins Cardio
Day 4: 50 mins Strength Training and Abs
Day 5: 20 mins Cardio
Day 6: 60 mins Strength Training and Cardio
Day 7: 35 mins Cardio and Abs

All in all good week exercise wise. I also did some light dancing almost every single day if not every single day, which adds to the calorie burning, so very good.
What I can improve on next week: 2 days I only did 20 minutes. I think it's ok to have one day a week where the intensity is a lil lower, but two days is too much, I want to make it to at least 40 mins 6 times a week and then on Thursday or so I can just do 20 mins or 30 as a break for my body.

Eating wise:
I ate 1800 cals 3 days 1 day 2400 1 day binge (BAD!!)1 day 1900 (not too good either) and today which will be 1600 (because I can :) )
I had too many "cheat meals" eating things like popcorn or chocolate. I need to do better next week. I had decided to start eating 1700 cals this week but I realized that it's hard to concentrate on significantly highering my workout time/number of sessions and lowering cals all at the same time. so this week I'm going to be happy for the days that I ate 1800 cals.
I will try to lower it though, with time and only eat 1700 whenever I can. Who knows, maybe next week I'll make it!

I do feel a LOT better this week though. I feel changes in my stomach and arm areas. I also feel fitter and better able to complete my workouts. Working out hard everyday is getting easier to do even when it gets late. I feel like I've really made progress this week, although I have no idea what the scales are going to say... We shall see tomorrow.

So goals for next week will be:
*1600 - 1800 cals,
*Exercise 7 days a week for at least 40 minutes 6 days and on one day only 20 to 30 mins.
*Get up earlier!!! I know I've been saying this for a while, and I have been doing better on some days, but I need to do better everyday!
*Keep up with the light dancing everyday. the more active I am the more calories I'll be burning and the more fat I'll lose!
*Drink 3 liters of water (have not been doing as well with water consumption as I should)

I'm so excited about the "Christmas week" because I think it's going to be a real challenge! On that week I'm going to have to be EXTRA good all week long so that I can pig out a little (not too much!) on Christmas day. Also exercising will probably get more and more difficult with the Christmas frenzy that always happens. Anyways I'm so up for that challenge! And the week after that.. NEW YEARS! Another challenge!! I'm going to try to drink very little and eat healthy foods as much as possible (we all know how challenging that can be at parties!). Woo hoooooooo those week are going to be great. I'd better start preparing for awesomeness with this next upcoming week!

I love your motivation!

Back