ProPoints Let's give this a go

Ah I'm so glad they've not found anything wrong with her:) cats are pretty hardy aren't they?

I've discovered a love for gevulde koeken, I can't imagine they're great pp wise though.
It depends. Euroshopper from AH gevulde koeken are 5pp, however big ones from brand ARO can be up to 11pp.

5pps not too bad I think I had an ARO one though yesterday. I did share it with Mr M though:)
Yeh, its not. I was surprised haha. :) Shared means 5 to 6 pp. Hving a nice time there? :)

Yeah it's good, I'm a bit shocked at the prices of things now, food and drink. Is that everywhere or just Wassenaar?
You mean in supermarkets or like at a bar or restaurant? Both vary per city/supermarket. You have cheap shops and restaurants and expensive ones. Could be prices have gone up though..

You mean in supermarkets or like at a bar or restaurant? Both vary per city/supermarket. You have cheap shops and restaurants and expensive ones. Could be prices have gone up though..

Yeah mainly in bars and restraunts, a glass of wine (small) large beer and 1 coke is 10 eurod. The Chinese takeaway was ridiculous, it was about 14 euros for a main dish. I do think prices rise everywhere. We like to go out every evening when were on holiday and we've just not been able to this time. I do think its where we are though and were near a city too. We had to get a new tyre for our van today coz we had a puncture that was loads :(

Yeah mainly in bars and restraunts, a glass of wine (small) large beer and 1 coke is 10 eurod. The Chinese takeaway was ridiculous, it was about 14 euros for a main dish. I do think prices rise everywhere. We like to go out every evening when were on holiday and we've just not been able to this time. I do think its where we are though and were near a city too. We had to get a new tyre for our van today coz we had a puncture that was loads :(
Going out tends to be expensive but also very dependent on where you go. I know place that cost more but also places that cost less, its really about location a lot of the times as well.
Chinese food ismridiculously expensive isnt it? I agree thats just crazy.
Ouch at punctured tyre, that must have been a pain and an imagine it is not cheap.

Going out tends to be expensive but also very dependent on where you go. I know place that cost more but also places that cost less, its really about location a lot of the times as well.
Chinese food ismridiculously expensive isnt it? I agree thats just crazy.
Ouch at punctured tyre, that must have been a pain and an imagine it is not cheap.

No tyre was 95 euros, and it was brand new about a week before we came out:(
I was really looking forward to my Chinese, in the UK we have one every Friday and its £15.00 for about 4-5 dishes, admittedly not as nice though.

I'm just tucking into salami mini pizzas, I wish I could ship some of those home. I love them.

Another thing, my kids don't like gevulde koeken so that's good:)

Means I don't have to share:):):)

Xxxxxx

No tyre was 95 euros, and it was brand new about a week before we came out:(
I was really looking forward to my Chinese, in the UK we have one every Friday and its £15.00 for about 4-5 dishes, admittedly not as nice though.

I'm just tucking into salami mini pizzas, I wish I could ship some of those home. I love them.
Oh I love the mini pizzas mmmm. Yumyum.
Chinese is a lot more expensive here, so true. I do believe it is good food though, I do not have it as much since being on WW but I had beef in oyster sauce and plain rice a while back that was nice.

Another thing, my kids don't like gevulde koeken so that's good:)

Means I don't have to share:):):)
Hahaha, fab! Well thoseyou can take with you but if you like them so much its probably a bad idea. Some shops sell them pre-baked, meaning you can bake them at home :)

Hi babe,
how are you doing? Xx

I know this is soooo random but when I went to Amsterdam I noticed how expensive the food and drink is compared to the UK. Well the cost of most things really. Is that because I was in the capital or is it like that everywhere? Do you get paid more than us to compensate?! Hehe sorry I have wondered about it for ages. I think I said on a previous comment though that I did find the food quality much better, the meals out were unreal. Plus the dutch can all speak such perfect English, it puts us to shame in the UK! 3 year old French is the limit of my multilingual skills lol :-D x

I know this is soooo random but when I went to Amsterdam I noticed how expensive the food and drink is compared to the UK. Well the cost of most things really. Is that because I was in the capital or is it like that everywhere? Do you get paid more than us to compensate?! Hehe sorry I have wondered about it for ages. I think I said on a previous comment though that I did find the food quality much better, the meals out were unreal. Plus the dutch can all speak such perfect English, it puts us to shame in the UK! 3 year old French is the limit of my multilingual skills lol :-D x

Its a lot more expensive in the capitol and big cities, especially if you go to a cafe or restaurant. I doubt I get paid more but my job pays terribly bad hahaha.
Most Dutch people speak English quite well that is def true. We need to use a lot of English in school. :) They also teach French, German and Spanish/Latin but you dont get taught all the languages depends on the level you do. I speak acceptable German/French as in, I know basic phrases and counting words but I can also order stuff in restaurants and especially in German understand most of it haha. German and Dutch are quite similar :)

German and Dutch are quite similar

I think Dutch is much more difficult. With German I can make an attempt at most of the pronounciation when reading the words, with Dutch - No Chance. when I was there, my friends would be watching English TV like Only Fools and Horses and I think Coronation Street. They would make me read the Dutch sub-titles and would then fall around laughing :( chips xx

I think it's amazing how the Dutch speak really good english. I'd love to learn Dutch as its my fave country so I'd like to make an effort, I'm learning more and more every time and my 8 year old is now asking what certain phrases are that he sees like te Koop, let op and short phrases, I just hope I'm telling him correctly. :)

Whilst on the subject, I've been listening to a lot of Dutch radio, what does puntinell mean?

Glad the vets didn't find anything wrong with her and sounds like she coped quite well with the whole experience. Fingers crossed the special diet for 6 weeks will sort things out.

Have you got a bank holiday in Holland this weekend? I am VERY much looking forward to not having to go back to work until Tuesday :)

Whilst on the subject, I've been listening to a lot of Dutch radio, what does puntinell mean?
Ummm, puntinell? I have no idea, hahaha. Can you give me some context?

Glad the vets didn't find anything wrong with her and sounds like she coped quite well with the whole experience. Fingers crossed the special diet for 6 weeks will sort things out.

Have you got a bank holiday in Holland this weekend? I am VERY much looking forward to not having to go back to work until Tuesday :)
I am glad about that as well, hope the food works out for her, she seems a lot calmer so I think its working.

No we do not have a bank holiday on Monday, we had one last week I think? Its funny how our bank holidays do not allign at all haha.
x

I think Dutch is much more difficult. With German I can make an attempt at most of the pronounciation when reading the words, with Dutch - No Chance. when I was there, my friends would be watching English TV like Only Fools and Horses and I think Coronation Street. They would make me read the Dutch sub-titles and would then fall around laughing :( chips xx
Hahaha. Well compared toother languages, Dutch and German are similar. Dutch is not similar to English e,g, or Spanish. Dutch and German root from the same ancient languae I believe, though I have no idea which language and I am not sure if its actually true haha.
Awww, friends sound mean ;) It is funny to hear foreigners soeak Dutch or try to speak Dutch. It is a hard language to speak when you did not learn it at a young age.

zx
I think it's amazing how the Dutch speak really good english. I'd love to learn Dutch as its my fave country so I'd like to make an effort, I'm learning more and more every time and my 8 year old is now asking what certain phrases are that he sees like te Koop, let op and short phrases, I just hope I'm telling him correctly. :)
They teach us English in school so I think thats where it comes from. My English comes from living abroad as a kid :)

I am sure you tell him just fine, they have lanuage books for sale that could help. Te koop means for sale, let op means something like be careful, mind the x, pay attention depending on context.

I am sorry I havent been very active the past week, I have been in be almost all week, first with migraine and now with general sick feeling so I havent spend a lot of time on here.
my food wasnt very interesting either, I mostly ate jars of apple sauce which is something I love to have when not well. :eek:

Back