Lets talk about maintainence

just had a look at WLR but its not allowing any more free trials.

They are still doing it. They have a 24hour one on at the moment.

The metabolism does go down when you are on a low calorie diet and if you've been on one for a long time, it will stay down for a while.

It has been proved that the metabolism does go back to normal though :clap:

KD just had another look at the WLR site and it came up with this...

WLR Free Trial apologising but it wont allow any more freebies...

have you tried it and got in? thanks x

h xx

I'm sure they will be allocating some more free trials soon - they always seem to have something going on! And even if they dont, its worth paying for, it really is!

ok, ill take a look at a later date :)

thanks

h x

KD just had another look at the WLR site and it came up with this...

WLR Free Trial apologising but it wont allow any more freebies...

what a shame. I still think it's worth the money when you get there and start maintenance. It really helped me at the beginning.

Wow to maintain my target weight i should have 2019 calories!!! Im sure that would pile weight on me!! Id be happy with that im sure x

That does seem high Tracy - it will vary according to your lifestyle and how active you are but the average seems to be about 1700 cals!

I am 5ft 9in so i guess thats taken into consideration! I entered lightly active too just so it was a minimum figure. I used to have a big bar of galaxy a night which was prob over 1000 calories in itself so if i quit that i must be better off for a start!!

Funny isnt it! Before i started this diet i was always trying to lose weigh so was always on low calorie diets. So when i do start maintaining to actually be allowed around 2000 cals will feel like a luxury!!

Yeah i agree Lizzie how starnge!! x

Just found this thread and didn't know about these calorie calculators online:eek: I'm from simple folk:D

I am 5' 3" and am at my goal weight of 9 1/2 stone, I've been maintaining and have found my calorie intake has to be around 1600 cals to maintain at the moment. According to the calculator I should be having around 1720 per day. However I am still prone to a binge or 2 so maybe I make up for the occasional hiccup with the 1600 cals a day:confused:

Totally confused myself now!

That sounds about right Minilady - as long as you make up for eating over maintenance on other days, it all evens out. If you look at it from a 'weekly allowance' point of view, that makes it easier!

I intend aiming for about 2000 - 2500 calories. My biggest weakness is bread, cheese and chips, if I can control these I am on to a winner. My plan is to have a lot of protein and little carbs most of the week and then on the weekend treat myself to something like chips etc. I am also intending to hammer the gym and exercise, I currently go 4 times a week and run for about 20 mins, I also play badminton once a week and I train for hockey once a week and play on a saturday so I am hoping that this will be enough.

Unfortuntately I am a comfort eater and my diet always seems to go out the window when I am down etc but I have to be strong. Reading what everyone has posted I am certain that the majority of you will succeed their are some very determined people on this forum and I get the impression that you all want to succeed more than anything. Good Luck to all!!!!

Blinking eck, it says am allowed nearly 2000cals on maintenance! Now this is strange as I would have argued black and blue I never ate that before! Just shows how WRONG I WAS!!!! With me wanting to lose a bitty more with normal eating, I'd prob cat that down a bitty until I had lost a bit more.
x

Hmmm me too...couldnt believe that I was eating over 2000 cals too before....but glasses of wine, toasties, takeaways....really really add up!!

Did anyone see super size vs skinny minni last night? Gillian McKeith does that bit were she asks people what are in certain meals. Three slices of deep pan pizza is over 1000 cals!!! I have to say, when i have eaten pizza in the past i can get through about 4 slices, plus a couple slices of cheesy garlic bread plus loads of coke...whats that about 2000 plus kcals? AND if i am going to pizza hut its usually at lunch time!!!! So i know that i was deffinately eaten over 2000kcals a day!!! Scary when you actually figure out how much kcals you are actually eating in a day!!!

Kinda puts things in perspective now doesn't it? I think we wore blinders or something prior to weightloss...

Back