Let's try and lose 2 stone...

booofette

I have decided to set up a blog so that I can track my food intake and any exercise to help me achieve my target weight loss.

Have looked around on the internet for inspiration and I think this blog could help me keep on track. I aim to try and cut calories, not by eating less but by concentrating more on what I eat and focusing on eating more fruit and veg and less fat and carbs.

I find I have very little time to prepare nice meals/exercise given my unpredictable work hours. I usually spend around 12 hours a day sat on my butt at a computer, with about a half hour break.:sigh: I plan to either try and get up a little earlier and use an exercise dvd, and/or start a running programme. Having tried to take up running last year I struggled with shin splits and found it hard to face going for a run after a long hectic day at work, but hopefully a little often could help me with this.

Either this or I am tempted to join a gym - although this wont help with my plan to save money!!

I have decided to start planning lunches and dinner for the week, which should hopefully focus my spending but also stop me from ordering a takeaway when there's nothing I fancy in the fridge for dinner!

If anyone is reading this - it would be great to have some motivation and inspiration so please feel free to share tips/advice/tell me off for eating crap! Essentially I just need a kick up the arse!!

Anyway - first post. Not great as today was my last day of not trying!:

• Today I started the day with a grilled bacon toasted sandwich with flora and a cup of tea.
  • Few sweets left over from the cinema yesterday (dont want to say what else I ate yesterday!!)
  • Rich tea biscuits and a small slice of cake with 2 cups of tea.
  • Stir fry with chicken breasts and lots of veg, soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, ginger, chilli and rice.
  • Mullerlight yogurt with half a banana.
  • Orange squash and water.

Tomorrow will hopefully be better as I have planned a healthy lunch....

Over and out.

Hey there just dropping by! You can do this good luck :)

OK so today wasn't as hard as I thought. Busy day at work helped to keep my mind occupied, and I filled the fridge with healthy stuff yesterday so didn't really have an excuse.

For breakfast I ate some cranberry and raspberry wheats with skimmed milk.

My lunch was 2 corn taco shells filled with salad, cottage cheese and a yummy lime, chilli spring onion and tomato salsa. I pretty much followed the slimming world 'tortilla basket' recipe, but used tacos because I couldn't find any corn based tortillas. Anyway, whilst it tasted yummy, unfortunately it has gone quite soggy by lunchtime so next time I'll have to bake the tacos in the morning to try and keep them crispy. The salsa would be great on a salad and was really easy to make so I'll definitely make it again.

Snacks were celery and carrot sticks with homemade tzatziki dip - fat free fromage frais with cucumber, spring onion and a bit of mint sauce stirred in. It was nice and the carrot sticks were surprisingly filling.

Another member of my team at work has just come back on holiday and this usually means either sweets, cakes, chocolates, biscuits or a combination of all of them! The chocolate biscuits he brought in were tempting, but thankfully they were placed out of my line of sight!! Still, it didn't stop me scoffing one. Thankfully I limited it to one and then finished off the carrot sticks.

Tonight's meal was baked spinach and cottage cheese cannelloni with nutmeg, and a tomato and basil sauce topping. I served it with lots of salad with fresh coriander, radishes and spring onions which made it very fresh and quite filling too! Again I used a slimming world recipe for the cannelloni - free on the website. No idea whether I should be eating these types of food together, but I don't want to spend £60 to find out more. Anyway, I'm sure it was healthier than my usual creamy parmesan/cream based pasta sauces.

Dessert was mullerlight with raspberries and a bit of crushed up meringue nest - again took inspiration from SW's 'eton mess'.

The bf wasn't impressed with lunch today but seemed to enjoy dinner - I am trying to get him to eat the same so we don't end up cooking separately... not sure how long it will last though before he is ordering in a pizza!! ;)

Only exercise today was total 25 mins brisk walking to and from work.

I think I probably should be counting calories, but I wouldn't know where to start with all that! I can only hope it was a reasonable figure...

Anyway, that's it for today. Now to watch more olympics and wish I was that fit!

So long....

PS - dietqueen thanks for stopping by - I have got a feeling I'll be needing more motivation soon ...

Today I decided to set up an account on myfitnesspal so I can try and track the calories..

For breakfast the same cranberry wheats with skimmed milk and tea.
Lunch today was a nice salad with couscous and wafer thin turkey, followed by corn on the cob and carrot sticks with sweet chilli sauce.
Dinner was homemade moussaka made with aubergines, mushrooms, quorn mince, low fat fromage frais and a side salad of peashoots and tomatoes. Had a small glass of red wine instead of dessert as I really needed it!

Total approx 1,200 cals.

Just watched the horizon programme about 'fasting' (limiting intake to 400-500 calories a day for 2 days of the week). Sounds like a great way to lose weight fast but not sure if I could manage it.

Need to get around to doing some exercise...hopefully tomorrow!

Hi
Why not spend time one weekend snd make yourself several meals that divide up easily. Such as rice and chicken curry , shepherds pie, lasagne and cut them into portion sizes and freeze them. That way you've got your own healthier 'ready meals' for when you get home. It doesn't actually take as long as you think it's going to but def worth the effort.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's a great idea, will definitely sort out some meals this weekend. Also could prepare some soups to take for lunch! Thanks

Today's diary:

For breakfast the same cranberry wheats with skimmed milk. 1 cup green tea, 1 cup peppermint.
Lunch was chickpea salad with wafer thin turkey, peashoots, tomatoes, radishes and cucumber. Had a mullerlight vanilla yogurt.
Dinner was leftover moussaka from yesterday with salad and then cherry mullerlight with cherries and meringue nest.

Quite low on calories today (only about 1000) but planning on chips on Friday so every little helps!

I've been trying to do a few sit ups and arm toning exercises (using canned of beans) over the last few days, but need to start on more cardio!

Hi all

Feeling pretty good - especially since it's Friday tomorrow.

Same breakfast but semi skimmed milk and hot water with lemon instead of tea.
Lunch was chickpea salad with peashoots lettuce tomato radish and corn on the cob. Had a toffee in the afternoon as was craving something sweet.
Tea was vegetable casserole with aubergines, broccoli, carrots, chickpeas, canned tomatoes and harissa paste. Served with boiled potatoes. Dessert was toffee mullerlight and a few haribo sweets.

Walked quickly to work and back today - 25 mins. Prob do a walk in the cotswolds this weekend.

:)

Ooops forgot to fill out my entries for last couple of days!

Friday

Breakfast - as above.
Lunch - salad with turkey, couscous, salsa
Dinner - baked cod fillet with lemon, oven baked chips with fry light, half can mushy peas. Mullerlight for dessert.

Saturday

No breakfast
Lunch was baked veggie frittata with macaroni and egg, green salad and a banana
I ate out for dinner - had baked halibut with mashed potato and mushroom and crayfish cream sauce. Also had some mussels in butter and wine sauce for starter. Eeek! One glass white wine.
Lots of walking around the Cotswolds today!

Sunday

Breakfast - ready brek with one tsp honey
Lunch - smoked salmon salad with poached egg and slice of veggie frittata
Dinner - pork shoulder slow cooked with chili, tomatoes, stock and veg. Served with potatoes/rice havent decided yet. One glass red wine and mullerlight yogurt.
Swam 80 lengths today!!

Weigh in - I've lost 5 lbs this week!! Wooooooo xxx

Back