Let's try this again

Fantastic loss hun beyond words well doen and ur day sounds absolutely lovely too sumtimes tis the simple things tht mattrer hhehe xx

Thanks ladies!
I've been awol from here for a while but still going strong :D

This week I made brown bread for the first time with DD, obviously I didn't taste it but she loved it and it saved a fortune on snacks etc for her! I brought her to join the library and we've been doing a good bit of walking. If anyone has any other free/cheap things to do with a nearly 3 year I'd love to hear!

I don't know myself, I've been so productive all week I'm feeling really on top of things for once :D
I haven't been sneakily weighing either which makes sticking to the plan so much easier I've discovered!!

Off to "work" in a bit, looking forward to it. Will catch up on diaries now x

Wow what a huge loss, that's fab. You're doing great xx

Weigh day! -3lbs which I'm really happy with, didn't think I'd lose anything after last week!

I've been a little experimental with my packs, using veg allowance which I don't normally use and trying new "recipes" from the Facebook page and I must say I actually thought it'd make it harder but it seems to make it easier and takes away that myth that I drill into myself all the time that I'm an "all or nothing person", saying that repeatedly to myself is firstly not giving myself enough credit and if I'm such an all or nothing person then what does that mean when I finish? Secondly it's almost giving myself permission to go crazy if I need a lifestyle day etc for some reason.
So I've simply decided I don't want to be "an all or nothing person" anymore.

I've been having the curry with bean sprouts, spag bol with torn rocket and chopped olives (yum!!), mixing oatmeal and Choc shake to make chocolate ready brek, and some days adding nothing extra at all.

It's a miserable day here so I'm dreading being stuck in all day with my little one :(
neither of us are cut out for staying in an entire day agh!!

Well done on experimenting, wish I could be bothered to mix it up a bit. Great loss too x

I have to say I am also enjoying shooting holes in my all or nothing approach. On Sunday and yesterday I did pancakes and really enjoyed them and the veg makes things much more like real life and it doesn't seem to have affected my losses at all in fact may have boosted things a bit. You must be really pleased with your loss.

Hope you don't get too claustrophobic but it's definitely a day for staying in!

Happy Sunday!

Well I'm feeling insanely proud of myself, I foolishly weighed myself yesterday morning and hadn't lost a thing (weigh day isn't till Wednesday so there's still time), got home after work yesterday and fully decided to have a low carby cheat take away. I was looking at menus and everything then for once I just said absolutely no way I'm not going down this road again!! It's not going to make the scales move any faster, quite the opposite in fact. So I got on my runners and did 45 mins workout dvd!!
Scales still haven't budged this morning but I'm not weighing again till Wednesday.

I'm going to keep it simple until Wednesday and see what happens. The exercise bug has definitely bitten me though which is new and very enjoyable!

Does anyone know when the banoffee porridge is being added to buy because I'm putting off my next order until it's there?

Wooooo that's fab, you are changing your way of thinking and making the right choices. Hope it rubs off on me xx

Yep my restart after 2 weeks off plan. Gained 3lbs so could have been worse x

Yeah things really seem to be slowly coming together in my head, before the options to restart seemed to be endless and I thought nothing of say feck it "just this once" I can start again tomorrow, next week, next month etc.

I've been putting a lot of thought into what to do afterwards and I think for me low carb is the way to go, I've plenty of time to do my research but interested in what you guys plan? I had thought weight watchers or slimming world because I think they're the two most realistic probably successful plans there are, but I think for me personally low carb would help combat cravings etc.

Feeling good today, an old friend asked me out last night :eek: I politely declined as I'm just not in the right place but I must say it was a nice little ego boost.

I definitely think that low carbing is the way forward but I'm not sure how much I can stick with it. Even on a day off the bread calls me. I think the secret might be not to have the carbs without protein so it balances out the effect on insulin as a whole. I'm doing quite a bit of reading but always baffling myself with different approaches. Think I'm going to do a long long refeed. Might use my old Lighter Life Route to Management but extend the days. Someone on the Facebook page was talking about the routine being important and I think it is. When maintenance was working for me I nearly always took my lunch and cooked dinner from scratch. I would prepare big tubs of salad and have one for lunch and one while I was cooking dinner so I didn't pick more calorific stuff. It does take some effort but it is a habit after a while in the way that this diet becomes.

I will need to low carb too, shame it's what we crave most that we have to cut down eh!! x

Yeah I'm going to do a really long reefed, I was thinking of maybe replacing one meal pack with a proper meal for say two weeks, then replace another meal pack for another two weeks and then maybe do a month or more of oatmeal for breakfast (because I'm really not fond of any low carb breakfasts!)

My real issue the last time (I don't mention it much because I'm mortified) when I lost 8 stone on another vlcd, the day I came off it I was making big pasta dishes because that's genuinely what I believed was healthy -the food pyramid etc!
I'm really starting to believe in the low carb way now, but there are so many options out there I'm a bit baffled by them all!

Back