Let's try this again

Thanks Clin, so lovely to see you again! How have you been doing? Must catch up on diaries!

Day 1 underway and I'm feeling really confident I can do this non stop until 29th August when a friend is over, then get back on track afterwards until the entire 3 stone I want gone have vanished!

I'm officially a size 18 in everything now (some even too big) but a 20 in jeans so I definitely believe 3stone will get me into size 16 jeans and maybe even size 14 tops and dresses :eek: the excitement!!

Honestly, sometimes life is more important Clin. Certainly when out of that real "danger zone" weight wise.
I've been dreaming of size 16s! I said that to myself starting that if I made it that far I'd be happy and I maintain that!

Just had my first shake, banana! Forgot how nice they are.

I had made enquiries about? Lighterlife over the weekend and the lady just got back to me now, wow it's so expensive!!

Oh also just wanna make a little note for myself as I so easily forget!

Went to the doctor last week asking about going on the pill (still single, but dating and just want to be totally ready for when that does eventually come)
but she told me I'm too heavy :eek: she said I'd have to lose at least 3 and a half stone before she would okay it!!

Another thing, as I've reclaimed my social life, unfortunately I've fallen behind on bills and other important things like a root canal and crown I really need to save for. Being on plan will really help me get back on top of all these things so that's a huge bonus!!

Yay! Well done :) I've been skimming your diary and it's amazing how far you've come. Hold out for 3 days or so and you'll be in ketosis again, with things a bit easier ;)

Aw thanks guys <3

I made a big mistake and weighed last night though, I hadn't weighed myself for a few days before I started and was obviously heavier than I had thought :( weighed again this morning and was 17st 1lb, I thought I had started at 16st 13lb but not a big deal I supposed. It seemed so last night when I was 17st 4lb though but even writing this now I can see how silly it all sounds!

Anyway I forced myself to go to bed and feel great today! Here's to gliding through Day 2!

Glided right through Day 2 without any hiccups, feel great!

I bought funky place mats for our kitchen table as I'm ashamed to admit that me and kiddo have never used it for what it's intended! Mostly because we eat at different times and she has her own little table but we started taking proper time out to sit down and eat together, I'm so so glad SnS have meals because she's 3 now and definitely don't want her seeing anything untoward regarding food, you know?
It sounds so simple but because we spend so much time together I think it's even easier to forget to spend quality time. So our meals are now tv and phone free and we have really lovely chats!

I'm feeling really motivated but I know better than anyone how quickly that feeling can fall by the wayside so I went to the library on my walk today and got three autobiographies, I'm obsessed, I think people's lives are so interesting!

First up is Pauline Quirke and her journey through lighterlife, I thought that was definitely a good one to start with and I'm snuggled up in bed with it now!

Here's to Day 3 x

Last edited:
Day 3 is here and I'm finally at the weight I thought I was starting off!
Bit annoying but I'm counting everything from here on as a loss, won't the the typical big first week weigh but that's okay!

I had a more productive day yesterday than I have in a while and the evening didn't feel half as long as usual.

Really shattered today!!

Had 100g of Liberte 0% Greek yogurt for breakfast and 2 Linda McCartney sausages and brocolli for lunch. Having some Ribena Plus now it's so nice being able to have these extra little things!

So tired, bath and early night tonight!

Day 3 done :thumbup:
Most exhausting yet by far but kept going and so glad I did. Tummy is already starting to feel that extra wobbly way it does when fat is coming off. Extra wobbly isn't a great description, like softer like the fat cells are breaking away. Weird!

Anyway here's to another day and it's Friday yippie! I'm strangely looking forward to a weekend of NOT socializing seeing friends etc! Who'd have imagined I'd be saying that when reading my first post, I was in such a bad place then.

I need a nice rest now though mentally, some quiet time with a few good films and a few nice walks.

Day 4 almost complete.
I weighed 16st 11lbs this morning which is a little disappointing but then I am pretending I only started at 16st 13lb which we all know wasn't the case :rolleyes:

Official weigh in on Tuesday morning so I'm hoping for a bit of a whoosh in the meantime!

Day 5 underway and TOTM arrived! I'm delighted because it means hopefully that exhaustion has passed now!

Been reading diaries on here, so motivating!

Been having Lifestyle days to fit in with eating with my daughter but she's with her dad now so I'll stick to simplicity today and tomorrow I think. Though previously I felt guilty having lifestyle days because I can honestly say I never really adhered to them correctly but this time round I've been weighing everything and putting everything into the meal planner so it's been totally guilt free.

I know it won't be for a while but I can't wait to get out of the 16s and into the 15s!

Day 6 and feeling great, I think I'm over the worst of it. Didn't realize starting that I was also due so no wonder I was exhausted that's usually how I know TOTM is on the way!

16st 7lbs this morning :D those 15s are within reach, God I just can't WAIT to be firmly in them!

Did a bit of mooching around the shops yesterday and it was quite depressing actually, see when I've done a few successful days I seem to think that I've transformed, I'm lighter, leaner etc which obviously isn't the case. In all honesty even on a vlcd it does take 3-4 weeks for any massive visual changes. Of course bloats are often less within a week or two etc but I think sometimes I expect miracles :D but it was only depressing in a realistic way like jeez what do I be thinking. I did try on a little biker jacket in a 16 and I can't wait to go back in a few weeks and try it again because it was obvious very tight and that's one thing I want for Autumn/Winter.

The dream outfit I have in my head for winter etc is a nice dress (of which I have many!!) In a size 14 or 16, pair of black tights (really need to start doing some exercise to banish cellulite), chunky heeled boots and a little biker jacket! Picturing this really keeps me going! And imagining bumping into people and feeling proud, not embarrassed or ashamed!

So happy I've made it to Day 7 :D
Weigh in tomorrow but not expecting it to budge much from 16st 7lbs but that's okay! I'll still be a few pounds into my 3 stone challenge!

I can't believe all kidney pain has gone now I've stopped drinking coffee! It's also definitely helping to battle ketosis insomnia, I've been in bed by ten most nights which isn't like me at all!

No big revelations today, I felt a lot slimmer yesterday I must say. I also fit into a pair of navy skinny jeans that wouldn't even go past my hips (and had to be forced up my calves) a few weeks ago! Delighted!! They're a size 20 though but particularly small as all all the jeans I've been wearing for weeks now are a 20 and either fit perfectly or are getting too big! Can't wait to start unlocking new parts of my wardrobe, it's like a PlayStation game Haha!

Weigh Day!

16st 4lbs so -9lbs from my fake start weight ;)

4st 1lb down in total since the start of this diary :eek:

5 more pounds and I'll be rid of the 16s forever!

Brilliant loss, well done.

Back