Life after SS, and SS+ and....

Tif

I was wondering if you can ever eat a balanced diet after CD or will carbs always have to be restricted - i appreciate that i cant go back to eating how i used to as that's what got me to 16 stone in the first place LOL but in committing to this diet does it commit to a life time of less carbs - i'm a vegetarian so you can see my dilemma......:confused:

Hey hun,
You can have everything in moderation. You'll still be allowed carbs, but that is why it's important to work up the plans to reduce the chances of a huge glycogen gain. The plans allow the glycogen stores to be refilled carefully, without a huge gain. After they're refilled you'll be able to eat carbohydrates normally, however sometimes people will retain water after eating bread. Remember this will not be fat gain, but water retention and will subside xx

i think its about retraining your mind about food!
Starting to see food as fuel for your body, rather than something pleasurable is probably the hardest part!
There isnt anything wrong with carbs hun, its just your body doesnt need as many as we all probably used to eat pre-CD!
There are loads of protein veggie foods, so it will just be a case of a BALANCE of protein, carbs and vegetables....
i think we will all have to limit ourselves for the rest of our lives, but limit ourselves on the amount of crap we used to eat more than the good things your body needs...
i'm not good at moderation, so there are foods that i will completely stay away from (Crisps, chocolate, sweets), but then fruit and veg i'm quite happy to eat and am looking forward to it!
The other side is the acceptance that if you do choose to eat something that is bad for you, like choc and sweets etc, that it WILL have an impact on you and the scales....i've never been good at consequences...but i'm learning that for everything bad that goes in my mouth, there is a consequence....so will require more planning or more exercise...
i'm rambling now, but i know there is life after CD, but its a good one, and one with choices!
:)

xxx

check out the 1000cal plan, it has pasta in it, and theres still more steps to go up from there, the reason the lower plans are low carb is to help you into ketosis to help curb hunger - you loose weight beacuse you are taking about 400cals in, when youve lost all the weight you need to you'll eventually be eating a balanced amount of carbs/protien/fat ect to maintain that weightloss and not lose any more.

Back