Life begins at 40!!!

2 weeks on CD810 plan and doing fine.

5lb loss which is fine with me. I kinda expected a bit more but at least it's a loss.

I am finding this so much easier to do.

I have been having my shakes during the day and my chicken for tea and really look forward to my malt or peanut bar with my milky coffe for my supper.

So long as the weight keeps coming off, i will stick with this plan.

Well, i am still here plodding along and 3st lighter:D

Got the OH to take some piccies to see if i would see the difference and yip, it's working. Posted them here as i felt that looking at others before and after pics helped me when i felt that i couldn't do it.

New year and the last year i will be dieting, this time next year i will be in maintenance.

Christmas and new year weren't as bad as i thought it was going to be. I didn't stick to CD totally but didn't go daft with naughty stuff either. Well, that's not entirely true as i guess the alcohol is naughty but it doesn't feel like i am cheating as it isn't food lol. I ate "normal" food which is on my plan but just a little more than i should have. so it's no straying from here.

Planning on giving up the ciggies as soon as i finish what i have left in the house. Got my patches so should be on that tomorrow.

Really need to do this and hope i can cope with the 2 at the same time.

Day 5 of no ciggies and coping remarkably well.

I smoked between 25-30 a day and really thought i would struggle but it is easier than i thought.

The diet is going ok, almost back on track.Must pull back my veg portion sizes.
Got my weigh in today so that might tell a different story.

Popped in to see my partner at work yesterday and after i left, his boss asked if i have been losing weight.....that felt good as he didn't know i had been dieting.:D and he is a male!!!!

Other people have said they notice but they knew i was dieting so i thought they were being nice.

Need to think about excercising as i really haven't been doing any as such. thinking of going to the gym with OH as he goes often. Didn't want to be the only hefalump there but he has assured me that it isn't just skinnies that go and there are larger ladies than me that go.

well, that's the plan anyway :D

Hi Sunshine. Well done on your success so far. I tried LL back in 08 and lost 8 stone, but had to quit as it was affecting my health.... put it all back on too which is not good. Anyways... just wanted to congratulate you on not only your weight loss but also your non smoking... i know how hard it is to give up... i have been a non smoker now for almost a year and feel great... keep it up!!! ;o)

Thanks jenny, noticed you got your food through, good luck with that.

weigh in yesterday went well:D 3lb down which now takes me to under 200lb, yipee.

The no smoking is fine too, just a little crave now and again. Not sure if dieting at the same time has helped as my mind is on that as well as giving up the ciggies.

Just been to the gym.....omg, haven't been in a gym for probably bout 15 yrs. I hated it then and i hate it now. I really can't see the attraction, yeah i know it is good for you and all that but to me it isn't fun. Will try it again but i can't see me sticking to it.
Another thing i really didn't like about it was the communal changing room:eek: what's that all about??? i don't want to get undressed in front of total strangers, i mean, do they really want to see all my flabby stretched skin next to their lovely toned bodies.
Will stick to wearing gym stuff there so don't have to get changed.

Ok, rant over:D

Another 4lb loss for me this week:D that makes it 3 1/2st off in total. I am feeling pretty good. Almost half way there now.

2 weeks ago today was D day for the horrible ciggies.....still going strong. Can't believe that i have survived this long or that my partner hasn't been killed yet lol

So here's to a smoke free, trimmer, healthier future:D

Well done on your journey so far.

Thank you petal:D

Don't know what's up with me the past couple of days. Been very emotional, crying for nothing and just kinda feel a bit numb.

The scales don't seem to be moving down but they really should be. Ok i have had a little extra milk as i have been having extra coffees but i haven't been drinking gallons! Apart from that, the food going in is allowed. Totm isn't due so can't blame that. I have started taking a B complex vitamin but again that shouldn't make a difference.

I know, probably just the way i'm feeling making it worse and i am trying not to dwell on it but it's hard not to some times.

Still off the ciggies....3 weeks on saturday so i am pleased about that.
Going away for a week in Feb and everyone going is a smoker so that is going to test me. Really hope i can resist.

If i wasn't on such a downer i would be shouting from the roof tops this morning because i just bought a pair of size 16 skinny jeans out of New look. Ok, they are a tad tight but they zip up and i can get them on no problem.

I will get excited when i wear them on my hols.

Right, off now to give myself a good shake and talking to...

Will be more positive next time:rolleyes:

I just want you to know that you are extremely courageous for dieting AND quitting smoking at the same time!!! Go you!

Thanx hon but it giving up the ciggies hasn't been as bad as i thought. Sure my diet is consuming more of my thoughts than my ciggies.
That's me into my third week now and i am feeling quite proud of myself:eek:
Gone down to the 14mg patches today so i can keep my last box of 21mg for when i go away at end of next week, hopefully they will help me when everyone else will be smoking.

Had a little blip today on the food front tho:mad: Had a little packet of sandwich ham and an atkins bar. It was great:D
I hate this time of day when i finish work at 3.30 and have that few hours on my own to be naughty lol

Came in from work and realised i had forgotten to defrost a fillet for my tea so took it out and have left it on the side, hopefully it will be defrosted soon enough.

Oh well, that's me rambling again so will shut up for now.

Hello........

i have just started my millionth diet and was reading through a few threads. yours is very inspiring and i will be reading regulary.well done, you have done fantastic so far.keep it up.x

Aww thanks bettyboo. Hopefully you will be saying that this is going to be your last bash at this dieting lark too:)

Well, that's my holiday over:sigh:

A week at Center parcs is sooo relaxing and would recommend it to anyone just wanting a quiet metime holiday.

We book the exclusive villa so that we have the hot tub, sauna and steam room to jump into all the time. My skin feels like silk :) though there were times i came out looking like a prune having spent waaay too long in the tub lol

The diet....went out the window:eek: i drank far too much and ate what i wanted but tbh i didn't over eat just ate what i fancied. I was on holiday after all:p

Soo, here i am back on plan and hoping for a good loss at the end of the week.

Going to try and ssish but with a little milk as i can't stand my coffee without the white stuff. Hopefully i can do this as it's been a wee while since i did the whole only shake thing.

Can only but try.

Still off the ciggies too so pleased about that.

what a great diary! can't believe you lost so much AND quit smoking - that's incredible.. Best of luck keeping it up!
Kat

Thanks kat, glad you're enjoying my little rants and raves lol.

You are doing brilliantly with your losses too, keep it up:)

Day 3 of being back on plan and doing not too bad actually. Been having 3 shakes and a bar. Hopefully this will kickstart my losses again.

Struggling with my water intake this week due to being on night shift. I try not to drink too much before going to bed as it's hard enough trying to sleep during the day without having to get up for a wee every 5 mins.

Right sleep time for me and hopefully get up after lunch time for my first shake of the day.....mmmmm:p

4lb loss this week :)
3lb to go and that will be 4st.
Trying to stay focused as my losses are slowing down a bit too much for my liking.
Never mind, the holiday is over and valentines day will be soon so fresh start tomorrow morning. Must try not to drink too much tonight:p

Visited the kids on Fri and after leaving i got a txt from my 18yr old daughter saying that she had talking to her brother and they couldn't believe how good i was looking and they had never seen me like that before. Made my day:D still smiling about it.

Bought a sexy little number to wear for the OH coming home:eek: wine on chill and food all prepared. Just need to go pamper myself this afternoon and do all the girlie things.

6 weeks today without a ciggie so that's something else to celebrate.

Right, off to try make myself sexy.....:eek:

I am on cloud 9 today.....4st lost:D

I feel so proud of myself for sticking with this diet. I knew it wouldn't be easy but it really isn't as bad as first thought.

I feel all warm and fluffy like a kid with a new toy i guess. I want everyone to know so thought i had best come in here and shout about it rather than my local supermarket!!!!!

I remember coming and looking at peoples diaries for hours on end and reading all the success stories when i first started and still do.
What an inspiration it is when you first start out as you know it can be done.
I really hoped i would have a success story one day and i feel that i am getting there:D

7 weeks today without a ciggie :D

love your diary ! really different to read and refreshing.

My losses are slow and steady but like you say i too started by reading other diaries. now in wk 9. keep posting!

back again!!!

Well, here i am again lol

Decided to have a little break which turned out to be longer than i wanted but i am back and focused again.

Started back on CD SS last week.
Feeling just as focused as i did first time round so hopefully i can last as long this time. If i do i should reach about 11st:D

Got a shock when i went for my restart weigh in.........15st 6lb:cry:
that's over 2st gain since March but i'm not going to dwell on it. Onwards and downwards is all i can say!

My CDC is on hols for a couple of weeks so my partner will be doing my weigh ins until the end of the month. Seems different this time as i don't feel tempted to jump on the scales. Probably because i know it works and the weight will be coming off, i think!!!!

Now to try and remember how to change all the statistic thingies......seems more of a challenge than actually losing this bulk lol

Back