Light Choices Egg and Cress Sandwich

cheekychinchilla

Gold Member
Hey all!
Could someone please tell me the syns for the Tesco light choices egg and cress sandwich please? :D
Thank you.xx

here you go....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tesco Light Choices, Egg & Cress Sandwich 162g pack[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
14 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 14 Syns
green.gif
Green 14 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

minus 6 syns if it was wholemeal bread and you count this as your Heb.

I've had 2 Hex B's today-as well as the sandwich. I thought I was being good picking that one because of the eggs and it being a light choices one. Was not expecting that at all! Good job I have some spare syns eh?
Thanks very much for that btw.xx

I know it wasn't pretending to be a diet sandwich but I thought I was being good having egg and cress from pret a manger. It cost me 21.5 syns, which broke my heart considering all the yummy things I could have eaten instead :| It's a minefield out there sometimes trying to make the right choices.

I hear you mumoftwo! I could have had chocolate or even cake!! What on earth do they put in these sandwiches? Makes you think doesn't it? Considering if we made an egg butty like that at home the only thing we would have to syn is the teeny amount of mayo and count the bread as a Hex! Insane.

The search facility on here is brilliant - found exactly what I was looking for. But like earlier posters, I am shocked by the syns in this sandwich!

I still can't believe or undertand it. Egg is free, cress is free there was no mayonaise. Possibly not even butter. It begs the question just what spread are they using, how much or what is "hidden in there"?

Even allowing wholemeal bread as a HEX B (1 large slice) and synning the other.

Can they legitimately advertise that as a light choice lol

As mentioned, absolute minefield!

That is absolutely shocking! When i'm out and about I always grab a sandwich and use the bread as a healthy extra as i know prepacked salads can be terrible!
Didnt expect that much for a sandwich, I think i'm going to have to start preparing my own. Certainly not worth that many syns.
Manufacturers should be ashamed.

Manufacturers have no shame!! They are simply trying to sell you something.

They are, however, obliged to put ingredients lists and nutritional values on the packages - it is up to us to read them and make sensible choices.

Good work Allie

My home made version would have been a lot better than that - fresher ingredients and no additives!

What an eye-opener!:eek:

So it did have mayonnaise in it. Well, a sort of mayonnaise. Cornflour? dried skimmed milk? :eek:

(I have never been able to find a shop-bought egg sandwich without mayonnaise, unless it is from the kind of shop where I can stand over them while they make it, issuing instructions and making myself very unpopular.)

And the bread wasn't wholemeal, so no healthy extra allowance.

It is boring, it is tedious, and I know I am repeating myself, but we must read the label!

Back