light phili with basil

skyegirl

Hi, another discovery of mine this week is Light philadelphia with basil...yum.
its a bit over the 5g rule but I mix 30g with pasta and add some mushroom and some ham and its just like a taglitelli...really nice and so far no problems with nasty xen side effects.

Ooh I love Philly, but I think I'm going to stick to the extra light one. I use it for sauces too, wee bit garlic paste, some wasfer thin ham and mushroom, 30g of philly extra light ( and sometimes a wee bit skimmed milk), add to wholemeal pasta and you have carbonara :)

I think I love this one too much to give up, and my meals are still below 10g each (that is what they are meant to be isn't it? 30g of fat a day???) I buy the co op extra light version with herbs but its nowhere near as nice. As I live on a scottish island we don't have such luxuries as sainsbury or tesco so we have to put up with co op.
xx

Your meals can be up to 15g of fat , and made up of food that is 5% fat. Some peeps can have a higher percentage of fat and get no side effects, some do. Some get side effects pretty quickly, some don't until up to 48 hours later.
I was up in Skye a few weeks ago ( only for the day mind :rolleyes:), but we were up in Aultbea, Wester Ross for our holidays this year and so get what you mean about not having a big super market. The only place I had to shop in Aultbea was a butchers and a wee grocers shop, nearest Tesco was in Ullapool, nearest co op was in Stornaway :eek:
xx

I tried Morrisons alternative own-brand light soft cheese this week as it was lower in fat than anything else I could find - and it is GREAT - I had some on some very low fat crackers (just a couple!) and it satisfied my craving for cheeeeeeeeeeeeese

mmmmmmmmm philly!!

I agree with Austineer, I love the Morrisons own brand light soft cheese, it's yummy! It's the lowest fat percentage I've found, less than 5% fat. I have it on toast, or with pasta as well :) x

Back