Lightbulb moment!!! Back on CD

Haha, you've just answered my question!
Yes, I think that may help you, I know that when I eat it makes me want more. I need to take food out of the equation for a while. I'm really going to try and do the complete week with no cheats, see how I go anyway!
Good luck. X

not having any food has been my saving grace, i just cant be trusted to make the right choices lol. i think i am but then it turns out i am not. its so easy just not to have to make any decisions

I can't be trusted around food. Having that realisation is really rather sad. It is my drug of choice and I don't know what to do about it!! :-( x

yup same here.

although this week i have been cooking non stop, trying to pre-make a load of meals and freeze them, and realising how much better off we are without me eating lol, its been 3 days since shopping came and we are still fully stocked, i think i was kidding myself that the kids were eating everything lol

Ha I'm the same! The only way I can stay on track is by not having anything at all, if on SW or WW I will eat and eat the "free" things and won't lose weight and then I get fed up and binge! What a nightmare.
It's so nice to know I'm not the only one like this I seriously thought there was something wrong with me, no one else I know (family/friends) eat or act in this way...?!? :/ x

My friend and I have been talking about this today. I told her I'm craving pasta bake with tons of melted cheese on it and admitted that I would very happily eat the whole dish (easily serves 4) to myself.
She told me her daughter had bought her a cake for Mother's Day. It served 10, and she cut it into 4!
You see, we're all the same!! X

yep, i made 8 pasta bakes and put them in the freezer, some with bacon, some with salmon in them, they were covered in cheese sauce and melted cheese, i would have totally eaten a whole one of those trays to myself before, but i was able to resist, now it gets to feed my family for 8 meals lol . i made six curries (3 pork jalfrezi and 3 chicken korma), six italian dishes, (3 bolognese - 3 meatballs) and i still have a load of mince to use up. but nothing else will fit in my freezer. now every night i dont have to stand and cook dinner i can just heat it up, its going to make my life much easier because standing and cooking dinner makes me want to eat and pick at it, but reheating takes moments and i can get out quick LOL

7lb off!!! :D xxx

Can't believe it!!!!

So Mother's Day, and the first BBQ of the year. I did eat, but stuck to steak, chicken and salad. Xx

7lbs off is fantastic! And with a BBQ sounds even better and makes me even more jealous! Haha Keep up the good work! :D

That's a fantastic idea Kat but I'm just not that organised! That's probably my downfall to be honest. I'm hoping to come up with some sort of plan though regarding evening meals for when I'm at target, I definitely need to have something in place, no way I want to be back on here again in a couple of years back at square one. X

i am the most disorganised person in the world, i just got my weekly shop in and cooked it all up at once lol - dinner time is my worst because i HAVE to think about what to feed them and so this takes that away for me

I've been giving this a lot of thought. I'm very worried about what to do and how to cope around food when I'm off this diet. I don't have self control at the moment so therefore wouldn't be able to trust myself to make sensible choices. I'm hoping that a few more weeks of abstinence will make me see food differently and I'm planning on following your example Kat of planning ahead. Maybe a meal planner of sorts for the week, so I know in advance what we're having and making sure that the ingredients for that meal are readily available.
Do you think that forward planning is the key to prevent just eating the contents of the fridge? X

I do think its really helped me anne. I am so disorganised myself and I have been so depressed for about a year that i let everything slip, now i finally feel like i have some control and its helping me with the diet too. I think trying to take as much control as possible really helps. also another thing thats helped me is looking at clothes i want, looking at things to do when my journey is over, i am booking a halloween ball to go to for when i am done and planning my amazing outfit, i think having small goals really helps too, I am half way to my first small goal already, i feel like its really attainable, whereas when i think about the 10+ stone i actually need to lose I completely lose the plot, so for now I am just focussing on the 3.5 stone that I want to lose to get back to the weight i acheived last summer. After that I want to lose another 2 stone, thats my next small goal, with each little goal that i reach i believe i will feel more empowered. just focus on the end game and everything you want and suddenly the things you want right now wont feel so appealling, but if you really cant help yourself, boil some eggs and keep em in the fridge or something.

Thanks for that, I understand about the feeling in control thing. It's such a reassuring feeling to know that others feel the same way, most of my friends/family are super skinny. I know that they are probably fighting their own demons, whatever they may be, but the weight think can be very isolating. It's both depressing and embarrassing being the largest one in the group. Just recently I avoided an event knowing that my ex husband would be there purely because I didn't want him to see how much weight I have put on. I swear, jezza Kyle could have a field day with me!! Lol. Xx

i have been drinking cherry coke zero, once a day, im just trying it this week to see if it affects anything, but i dont think it will affect it.

Think that's one of the few we are allowed. I know that the normal coke zero contains no citric acid so I'm assuming the cherry one is the same. X

Back