Lightbulb Moment

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
I've just been struck by a thought.... So I'm off to lie down!! Only kidding, I have thoughts occassionally lol.:rolleyes:

I'm making an effort to do SS this week in an attempt to shift a decent amount of weight this week:scale:. And while I've been at work I've been fine (for a change), I've been quite happy to say no to the tempting treats on offer. But now that I'm home, I've started thinking....I'm actually fine until I eat something, then I feel like I can't stop!!!!

It's like a switch is being flipped in my brain:doh:. I'm generally not hungry at all, so it's not real hunger it's psychological... It's as if I get a taste for food and want more and more. I noticed it yesterday when I had my last meal on SS+, I felt like I wasn't ready to be finished, even though I was full.

Today I'm fine because like I say I'm back on SS and haven't eaten, so I don't feel the need to eat. :D

While this revelation is helpful to recognise, it really makes me worry :confused:about how I'm going to be when I have to introduce real food again to maintain. I'm scared that I won't be able to stop and will end up over eating again.

I've read quite a few books on how to avoid over eating, but I'm not convinced I'm going to be able to switch off that feeling.... Scared!!! :eek: Really scared!!!!!!!!! It's like a compulsion...I wonder if it's possible to have food OCD?? :D And can I fix it myself or am I going to have to see a shrink:eek:?

Hi Surfhunny, I know how you feel. I have always felt like that. I didn't eat because I was hungry I ate because I wanted to and enjoyed it. I finished cd nearly 4 weeks ago after reaching goal and have moved onto maintenance. I sometimes feel as though the binge bunny is still there but the important thing is that I recognise when I do need to eat and when it is just for the sake of it. Sometimes I give in and think what the hell I fancy it so I will have it and other times I take a step back and resist. I think as long as we keep things in balance and accept that it's natural sometimes to just want food because it's nice and we enjoy it and not to deny ourselves but have in moderation then it will take care of itself in the long run.

I had my first weigh in after 3 weeks on maintenance and lost 2lb so it's working well for me. Wish you all the best on ss this week and reaching goal hun xx.

Thanks Hun that really gives me hope. I can't wait to get back to target but then I think I've been doing a little bit of self sabotage recently because if I haven't made it to target yet I don't have to worry about not managing to maintain again.

I've started to research maintainance stratergies because I'm so desperate not to fail this time round and put weight back on again!!!!

You will get there hun. I totally understand the self sabotage thing, I have done that to myself on other diets. You seem determined to get there this time and you are doing so well. Good luck xx.

I've been reading online about Mindful Eating - it was like a lightbulb moment for me. I'll really need to focus on being aware of what l'm eating and why l'm eating it when l get to goal (another stone to go).

Back