Lighten Up!

Enough

Gold Member
I have yo-yo dieted for years, and have only just recognised this and realised that I need to look at a new strategy..

So.. I have had a look around here, and I've decided to start a diary here which will be my PERMANENT LONG TERM STRATEGY!

This is where I build a new me, who is neither getting fat, nor dieting, but who will enjoy reporting back on progress in terms of being healthier, fitter, happier, and roughly the weight/inches/dress size that I want to be.

and the good news is that I have a bit of time to cultivate this new identity whilst I'm still posting on another minimins site which, I'm hoping, will do it's job and become history in time.. and the healthy, fit, swimming, cycling, tennis playing, party dancing, healthy eating, loving life person will come out of her shell and start enjoying life..

it's ok that I used to comfort eat and put on weight, but that belongs in the past. It's ok that I struggled in my twenties and thirties, but I'm passed all of that and I' ready to be a healthy and genuinely robust human being without the burden of the past, but with the beauty of the lessons that the past has taught me.

soo..

I'll need to post here with images and ideas for my new me, until eventually it'll simple be me.. and I'll want to have a threshold so that I can weight myself from time to time, and have a plan of action depending on the weight. I'm thinking it'll be something like:

- live between 9 and 10 stone, being more careful as I'm nearer ten, and being slightly freer when I'm nearer 9.. if I get to 9.12 then I need to take myself in hand! go to the gym more, cut down on fat and carbs

- weigh myself weekly and keep a record to make sure I'm not straying

- notice my dress size and chuck out anything that's bigger. It wont be needed 'for the next time I put on weight'.. it can simply go!

- congratulate myself for STS - because this wil come to be a good thing.

develop images of myself as healthy active, because that's what I'll be...

any other suggestions very welcome!

x

Sounds like a plan!!! I can relate to this as I was getting very fed up with yo yo dieting an I just want to enjoy my life now and try not to think about it, thin people never think about it and it works for them! I am currently 9.8 and although I want to be 9st it has been impossible for me to get any lower unless I do something drastic which to be hover is not healthy so I'm just trying to eat healthy and exercise and not weigh like a mad person.

Let's hope it all falls into place good luck

Back