Lighter Life? Is it for me?

laura33

I've been along to my first Lighter Life introductory meeting and am putting myself forward for the July start on Monday 6th July, question is, is it for me?

I'm a bit of a serial dieter, and have been trying to lose weight for the past 10 years, I tend to yo yo and can lose 1 or 2 stone successfully but very quickly put it back on. I'm 15 stone now and approaching 40 (okay well I'm 37) and just feel that I need something drastic to work.

I did the cambridge diet 4 years ago and lost 2 stone, and got pregnant so I had to come off the diet, I've tried getting back on the cambridge, but can't seem to maintain it. I know lighter life is similar but I'm hoping that the added bonus of the CBT counselling and group work will help keep me on track?

Any one else been in my situation and found Lighter Life worked or didn't work for them?

I'd love to have some inspiration :)

Take care

Laura
xx

I cant really help, but wanted to add that I never thought I could do LL, I dunno why I even started with that attitude, but hey I did, and 7 weeks in Im almost 2 and a half stone lighter. Go for it xxx

Hi laura - like you I have tried every diet going lost some weight & always put it back on!!! I never ever thought I could do LL, the thought of abstaining for 14 weeks was unbelievable - but something clicked and I just thought if I dont do this I will be overweight for ever - I started on April1st at 15stone 4 and today I am wearing size 12 skinny jeans:D:D:D.
Its an amazing journey & I cant thank LL enough. It is tough going for the fist 4-5 days but after that its surprisingly easy. This site is great for support & inspiration.

Good luck :cool:

Hello Laura

If you really want to lose the weight and are determined then it will work for you. Something has to give youthe motivation to want to succeed. Hopefully this site will help you find it.

Welcome to Minimins

Thanks for all your kind words. I do feel that I can do it. I'm feeling quite positive about it and almost want to just close my mind off to everything else, start day 1 and just get through it knowing the prize is at the end :))) I can only dream of size 12 jeans :))) I've had a pair of size 16's I bought over a year or so ago that were my 'inspiration jeans' and I've never fit into them! So fingers crossed! :) Take care, Laura xx

Back