LighterLife - a diet designed for women.

Ooh heated debate!
I admire your gumption to say what you really think Mikey. At the end of the day most diets are aimed at women and I know my LLC said that male referrals are significantly lower than ones from the ladies. It doesn't mean to say it is aimed at any group specifically, just all of us with extra baggage.

I do admit to having a sweet tooth, which I got in this mess with in the first place, but pallets change and now I am a chicken soup fiend. I would think after 8 weeks I'd be trying to eat wallpaper, so go for it Mikey and suggest some ideas, which hopefully LL will take up.

For the sweeter tooth, I would like to raise you an apricot version of the cranberry bar please!

:gimi:

Mmm Apricot sounds nice - I reckon I could go for that sweet tooth or none..

So there we have it - most of the women seem to prefer savoury too.

Even more reason to get some more flavours so come on you lot, when you get over my crime of alluding to the fact that a lot of women like chocolate etc, perhaps you can add some ideas rather than wave a stick at me.

mikey - I appreciate your humour and I took your original post as such. However, it gets a bit confrontational when you post these quoted comments then add your own .... remember that the written word does not convey the intention and flavour of the delivery of the comment :)

I use the quote button (nicely provided on most bb's) for clarity - no other reason. As you say it is hard to be clear anyway, but when somebody takes what I have written and twists it around,m I feel I have a write to tell them so don't you ?

I say this in a questioning manner and not in a confrontational manner.

Interesting that what I call debate, some people call confrontation but c'est la vie!:)

Can we get this back on track ?

Why are there so many sweet things on LL and so few savouries ?

What savouries could/should be added

Cheers
Mike

i am on cd not ll but find my cravings swing from sweet to savoury and back again
and they both get satisfied
if i crave sweet i have a hot choc mint yumyum shake
or a cold choc tetra if more convenient
when i am craving savory - especially crisps - i know i neeed salty so i opt for a leek and potato soup and it always does the trick

without choc mint and leek/pot id go off the rails in no time

I would say assuming that these tastes are aimed at woman is smething that culture is trying to push on us. (Yeye women being all nice and weak and passive and like to fall for sweet naughtiness blah blah) let's break away from stereotypes already. The fact that most of female magazines are lame and promote untrue image of women doesn't mean WE want them to be so ?

Diets are in general for PEOPLE WHO WANNA LOSE WEIGHT (not jsut women), and because there is much bigger pressure on women to be constantly on diet - it may appear to be aimed at women only.

Personally I would go and swap all the sweet stuff for savoury stuff and meaty stuff (man, i miss beef jerkys :O), but maybe it's easier to make these shakes out of sweet stuff? I have no idea, but even thought i dont agree with ur 'LL for women' idea I definately back you up on the foodpack-tastes problem.

Meat for the people!

I would love some more savoury options, even a cheese flavoured bar or something. I don't think this diet helps curb a 'sweet tooth' when so many of their foods are very sweet. Saying that i absolutely love this diet and it has helped me in many ways. I am going to stick with it right till the end of management and then probably keep popping back every now and again

I have to confess I read Mikey's original post with a smile on my face as I assumed it was intended to be humourous as well as discussion-provoking. On scrolling down I was a little surprised that it seemed to have been taken another way .. but there's often a difference between what leaves someone's fingers and what reaches another's eyes on t'interweb as it's all down to personal interpretation.

Or maybe - just maybe - since I'm in maintenance I've regained (some!) of my sense of humour ;)

(And I'd have loved more savoury options too just for the record :))

Can I opt for a special balti with mushroom pilau flavour .... and for a bit of sweetness I'll have a peshwari nan flavour bar.

Other than that a chicken and sweetcorn soup or a horlicks flavoured bar would both go down a treat.

Ooops and I've forgot can I have an olive flavoured bar too please ..... that'll be all for the next 10 minutes :)

I have to say as a veggie LL soups were a treat as I could have them all! I found the balance of sweet and savoury ok...but maybe cos I do prefer sweet(ye gods I'm a stereotype lol). Diets may be aimed at women but.....men always lose faster dammit!!!

Can I opt for a special balti with mushroom pilau flavour .... and for a bit of sweetness I'll have a peshwari nan flavour bar.

Other than that a chicken and sweetcorn soup or a horlicks flavoured bar would both go down a treat.

Ooops and I've forgot can I have an olive flavoured bar too please ..... that'll be all for the next 10 minutes :)

They all sound nice to me (not sure about horlicks bar, but it would make a good drink!).

What about a marmite bar - you either love it or hate it!

A savoury peanut bar might be good too.

I love horlicks, could eat it off a spoon --- do you remember the horlicks tablets they once did (please don't let them have been in my imagination) - a bar of those would be heaven.

I'm with you on a savoury nut bar - a nice salty one mmmm

Don't know if I fancy the marmite one but I'd be happy to try it LOL

Oh no, my mind is on overdrive on possibilities of bars.
Does anyone know what that lovely coating on the cranberry bar is? Is it yogurt?

Another vote - fruits of the forest crunchy bar.....yum.

(Sweet tooth again!)

OR - anything coffee flavoured. Big fan of the bean.:bliss:

I love all the sweet bars and drinks:D In general I think you're right Mikey, my male clients have mainly soups, whereas on the whole my ladies have the sweeter teeth:) Of course there are some exceptions.

It could be something to do with us ladies having emotions and therefore leading to emotional eating, the only thing to satisfy this hunger is sweet heavenly foods. Of course you men don't have emotions:eek:;):D

My dream bar would be tiramasu:drool:
Tracey
x

perhaps the sweeter ones are easier to manufacture. Dollop loads of chemicals together ( cos not for one moment do I think they are made from wholesome organic produce!), and it is probably easier to camoflauge the tastes with sweeteners. Also they might be cheaper. Every pence saved when you are selling millions, counts.

Back