LIGHTERLIFE/cambridge SLOW LOSES ANYONE ????

i'lldoit

Banned
Hello would anyone mind telling me if they had slow losses on LL or CD and stuck to it 100% ?ie::2lbs everyweek or even less??:eek:

If so what weeks were these ?

If so what did your counsellor say/suggest

MANY THANKS

????????????????????????????????????:confused: ?????????????????????????????????

xxc

Isn't 3lbs a week what they suggest is normal?

I hope so because I just know that sooner or later that's what I'll be losing and I don't want to be disappointed if I'm only losing an average of 3lbs a week - I was hoping that would be something to be celebrated. IYWIM!!

Me! There is a thread on chat and I have listed all my losses week by week on there.

I have still maintained a loss of a stone a month but it has just been a bit harder than everyone else (and that is whilst I was 100% abstinent). Saying that I lost a LOT of inches very quickly so that could be your problem.

Of course the answer has been to up your water and I combined that with gentle exercise as well.

Yes sorry I didnt mean to put 3 got carried away lol.
I just wondered if many people lose 1-2lbs on it and stick at it?
xxc

Me! There is a thread on chat and I have listed all my losses week by week on there.

I have still maintained a loss of a stone a month but it has just been a bit harder than everyone else (and that is whilst I was 100% abstinent). Saying that I lost a LOT of inches very quickly so that could be your problem.

Of course the answer has been to up your water and I combined that with gentle exercise as well.

Hi Flopster I will go have a look now,I drink 5 litres per day I cant do more it makes me feel sick now :( I have encreased my exercise too?:confused:
Thanks
xxc

Hi Flopster you wouldnt know where abouts it is I had a look and cant find it if you do would you be a real star and list them for me here>copy and paste it for me :eek: <
Thanks
xxc

A woman in my group averaged about 2 pounds a week. She was old though (like in her 70's). Ha ha that's not that old but you know what I mean. (70 is the new 40!!!). Oh shut up Sally. Anyway. She did - but she didn't do any exercise and she didn't do the whole 4 litres either the naughty minx...so drink your water, maybe try some exercise and see if that works...but the way I see it is if you are only losing 2 on LL / CD, imagine how slow it would be on WW or SW!

It would certainly make it harder.... especially as people on CD doing that AAM seem to lose the same sort of amounts! That being said AAM for me would probably amount to add a week's worth of food in one sitting.... :rolleyes: :eek: so best avoided... :D

I just feel £66 per week on LL is alot to pay to lose 2lbs per week,everyone says dont compare yourself to others but its so hard not to especially if theyve cheated and you havent and theyve lost more than you :confused: ?
I'll just hope its at least 3lbs tomorrow :eek:
xxc

Hi

The answer is to look at your monthly loss and not weekly losses as your body retains fluid at certain times of the month. Also if you have recently gained some muscle you might retain extra fluid and have a lower weight loss. But on these weeks it might be a good idea for you to ask your LLC to check your measurements to reassure yourself that it's still working.

Some weeks I've only had 2lb losses for a few weeks in a row and then followed by 7lb for no obvious reason.

However, reasons for someone regularly being a slow loser might be the following.

Age - older people lose slower
Dehydration
Medication
Eating, drinking or chewing gum
Sedentary life style

I hope this helps put your mind at rest.

Hi

The answer is to look at your monthly loss and not weekly losses as your body retains fluid at certain times of the month. Also if you have recently gained some muscle you might retain extra fluid and have a lower weight loss. But on these weeks it might be a good idea for you to ask your LLC to check your measurements to reassure yourself that it's still working.

Some weeks I've only had 2lb losses for a few weeks in a row and then followed by 7lb for no obvious reason.

However, reasons for someone regularly being a slow loser might be the following.

Age - older people lose slower
Dehydration
Medication
Eating, drinking or chewing gum
Sedentary life style

I hope this helps put your mind at rest.
Thanks Shadow
Im 37
I drink 5 litres of water per day
im on 0 medication
I only do LL 100%
and i have 3 young children a big house and I work?

I hope i lose tomorrow
Thanks again and fab losses you have had Well Done
xxc :D

Start Date 26th June 2006:

1. -9lbs
2. -2
3. -4
4. -2
5. -5
6. 0
7. -2
8. -5
9. -3
10.-3
11. -2
12. -1
13. -2
14. -4
15. -3
16. -1

Total: 48 lost (but at least another two has gone since Thursday).

Hi,

I have been a slow loser on LL. Only once have I have lost 5lbs and that was my second week. I am 56 and do a bit of exercise (you are not supposed to break out in to a sweat). I spend three days a week in an office.

Please bear in mind that you are not just paying for the sachets, it`s the COUNSELLING that is so valuable. I was a bit fed up as most weeks I usually lose 2lbs, occasionally 3lbs but don`t give up. I`ve now lost 39lbs and have about 10-11lb to go. How would you feel if you gave up? Worse than you feel now, for sure.
Keep plodding on, you`ll get there in the end.

I have been on loads of diets but the sad fact remains that whatever diet you are on you need to consume 3500 calories LESS than your body requires to lose 1lb of fat!!!!:eek:

For example - if you are doing CD and taking 3 packs plus 1 bar per day (like me:) ) that is 586 calories. The average woman is supposed to need 2000 calories per day to maintain her weight (more if you are very active less if you are hardly active at all (like me:D ))

I reckon my body needs 1900 per day to maintain my weight so if I am taking in 586 per day then that is a deficit of 1314 per day.

7 days in a week 7 x 1314 = 9198 divided by 3500 = 2.6 lbs per week.

That would be an average - some weeks more some weeks less. They reckon that you should lose 3 lbs per week average on CD and if you look at Flopsters figures she has lost 48 lbs over 16 weeks which is exactly 3 lbs per week!!!

Phew!!!!!:eek:

Hope this helps - if you havent died from boredom!!

Tasha:)

Thanks Shadow
Im 37
I drink 5 litres of water per day
im on 0 medication
I only do LL 100%
and i have 3 young children a big house and I work?

I hope i lose tomorrow
Thanks again and fab losses you have had Well Done
xxc :D

You will do great, just try not to worry. And if you have a slow week don't break abstinance or you might risk missing out on the big weight loss you were due for soon ;)

A woman in my group averaged about 2 pounds a week. She was old though (like in her 70's). Ha ha that's not that old but you know what I mean. (70 is the new 40!!!). Oh shut up Sally. Anyway. She did - but she didn't do any exercise and she didn't do the whole 4 litres either the naughty minx...so drink your water, maybe try some exercise and see if that works...but the way I see it is if you are only losing 2 on LL / CD, imagine how slow it would be on WW or SW!

Hi Im 37,I have 3 young children I live in a big house and I work part-time.I drink 4 -5litres of water a day and I walk everywhere as I dont drive,I have done so many diets I think this hasnt helped ?I did CD last year and lost more?
So I dont know?I lost 2lbs on WW every week after week 2?
XXC

Start Date 26th June 2006:

1. -9lbs
2. -2
3. -4
4. -2
5. -5
6. 0
7. -2
8. -5
9. -3
10.-3
11. -2
12. -1
13. -2
14. -4
15. -3
16. -1

Total: 48 lost (but at least another two has gone since Thursday).

Thanks Flopster xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxc :D

Hi,

I have been a slow loser on LL. Only once have I have lost 5lbs and that was my second week. I am 56 and do a bit of exercise (you are not supposed to break out in to a sweat). I spend three days a week in an office.

Please bear in mind that you are not just paying for the sachets, it`s the COUNSELLING that is so valuable. I was a bit fed up as most weeks I usually lose 2lbs, occasionally 3lbs but don`t give up. I`ve now lost 39lbs and have about 10-11lb to go. How would you feel if you gave up? Worse than you feel now, for sure.
Keep plodding on, you`ll get there in the end.

Thank Ann Well done you it just people think were not sticking at it when I am 100% 1 lady always says to me your still not drinking enough are you?????I dont know where shes got that from as I drink a litre more than her a day and shes 2 stone heavier than me ,but as she losses loads shes probaly thinking Im cheating :(
Im feeling better today but I may join the gym soon and see what happens?
XXC

Back